1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Cayin iHA-6 - US Tour and reviews

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by project86, Feb 7, 2016.
First

Back
10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Next

Last
  1. Greg121986
    Just ordered. I am expecting great things!

alphanumerix1 likes this.
  2. alphanumerix1
    Very nice. Im looking to order soon also.

3. Greg121986
    It should be here today! I have my Holo Spring L3 KTE and Singxer SU-1 at my office so I should know pretty quickly how well I like the iHA-6. Ultimately it will be used with a Schiit Bimby with Gen5 USB, but I have that in my home stereo right now while the Holo sits temporarily in my office.

4. project86 Contributor
    Nice, should make for a great setup either way.

What headphone are you running?

5. Greg121986
    The iHA-6 has arrived. Cold, right out of the box, and after the first note I can see that this is a winner. I'm very happy. The headphone I have is a Focal Elear with Norne Audio cable and angle lambskin pads that the previous owner of the Focals installed.

The bass is just a little bit light, but I do not mind this. I think it could be from the Holo Spring DAC, or maybe that the amp is cold and/or not broken in. I will see over time. I will use my Schiit Bimby with this headphone setup anyway, and now that I have spent some time with the BImby in my home stereo (Focal Electra 1028Be2) I find that the Bimby is pretty bassy. So hopefully this will even out when I bring it back to the office and connect up to the Cayin iHA-6.

6. project86 Contributor
    Nice.

As far as bass light - I definitely find the iHA-6 in the same camp as Auralic Taurus mkII, Pass Labs HPA-1, and HeadAmp GS-X. They all have a neutral sound without added warmth or coloration down low. It might take some getting used to, but I think you'll enjoy it once you do. And yes, tuning via DAC pairing is useful.

Enjoy!

7. Greg121986
    How is it that we don't have more people gushing over this amp!? I love this thing!! I am not a tube guy... but I am very intrigued by how the iHA-6 might compare to the HA-1A MKII. I'm pretty sure my curiosity will force me to pick one up in a few months.

8. Maru10
    ...and when you do, pray share your opinion! I wa t to believe I saved a pretty penny with IHA6, and may consider buying another one for my secondar setup...

9. alphanumerix1
    I'd love to hear your full impressions. From every review i've seen its been great. I wonder why the community hasn't really picked this up.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  10. User00
    How does the Schiit Jotunheim compare to the iHA-6?

11. alphanumerix1
    Ive not used a jotunheim.

12. GustavM@hler
    Where do I find or purchase this and the iDAC-6 if I live in NYC? Is there a local dealer near/in Manhattan?

13. Andykong
    https://shop.musicteck.com/collections/cayin

Checkout MusicTeck, they are in New Jersey.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
  14. Andykong
    Because I have used iDAC-6 as the front-end of both HA1Amk2 and iHA-6 as one demo setup in a lot of shows, I asked the iHA-6 vs HA-1Amk2 questions very often, I can tell you that show visitors prefer HA-1Amk2 most of the time, kind of like 2:1, the general comment is iHA-6 is more versatile and transparent, but the HA-1Amk2 is more addictive and musical. However when I asked which unit will they consider buying, the iHA-6 has more supporter, they love it handy and being able to stack up with iDAC-6 (and iDAP-6) as a system, trouble free, and have the peace of mind that it can handle very demanding headphones pretty amazingly. I have HE6 or Abyss in my demo desk most of the time.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
  15. alphanumerix1
    still no word on full output power specs of the iha6 at xxx Ohms?

First

Back
10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Next

Last