Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384 PCM + 64/128 DSD
Feb 14, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #2,791 of 3,742
Does anybody know if there is any hissing on the andromeda with the i5?

Feb 14, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #2,792 of 3,742
A fix for the battery drain during sleep mode would be deeply appreciated. Boot time is too long to be constantly turning i5 off to conserve battery...

I can't express more how concerned I am about this issue.  Maybe I'll reconsider selling my i5 if this issue got fixed.  Thanks for raising this again Nik.

Feb 15, 2017 at 8:53 PM Post #2,796 of 3,742
I can't express more how concerned I am about this issue.  Maybe I'll reconsider selling my i5 if this issue got fixed.  Thanks for raising this again Nik.

Yes, I'm supposed to review i5, but I was trying to wait until this issue was resolved. If it isn't resolved soon, I'll move forward with the review and it'll be an unfortunate con against the DAP..

Feb 16, 2017 at 8:52 AM Post #2,799 of 3,742
Just received my new cayin case from Penon Audio. Fits perfectly. Awesome work!

Feb 16, 2017 at 7:11 PM Post #2,800 of 3,742
The new case fits much better. 

However, workmanship is still poor if you see the how the stitching is carried out where it goes around the cutout for the volume knob.
Also take a look to the surfaces at the cutouts for the hardware buttons, the SD slot and the USB C port.

Feb 16, 2017 at 11:57 PM Post #2,802 of 3,742
  The new case fits much better. 

However, workmanship is still poor if you see the how the stitching is carried out where it goes around the cutout for the volume knob.
Also take a look to the surfaces at the cutouts for the hardware buttons, the SD slot and the USB C port.

Not quite sure what do you, taking a look around those cutouts?  I think Cayin did a great job with a new case.  Really like a dark gray color with a red stitching on the back.  The material is on a softer side, but with a nice grip and more friction when you hold it.  The workmanship is pretty good, imho.  The fit is much better, i5 doesn't slide out anymore.  All the ports and hw buttons have a generous opening. 

Available now from Penon Audio here, a very reasonable pricing.

Here is how it looks (click on images to expand):

Feb 17, 2017 at 1:43 AM Post #2,803 of 3,742

Not quite sure what do you, taking a look around those cutouts?  I think Cayin did a great job with a new case.  Really like a dark gray color with a red stitching on the back.  The material is on a softer side, but with a nice grip and more friction when you hold it.  The workmanship is pretty good, imho.  The fit is much better, i5 doesn't slide out anymore.  All the ports and hw buttons have a generous opening.  Here is how it looks (click on images to expand):

Looks alright to me but of course for the price you can't compare it to a Dignis branded case.

Feb 17, 2017 at 2:44 AM Post #2,805 of 3,742
Just back to Shenzhen office for the first time after the Chinese new Year and CanJam NYC break. We are working on the domestic version of Version 2.2 firmware right now, hopefully this will be uploaded to our website with 24 hours. The International version is scheduled to release by 22nd Feb 2017.

The firmware is all about adding USB Audio output to i5, not much has been down to other bug fix for the moment. We have devoted considerable effort to optimized the firmware for Tidal playback, I shall provide a detail report on the Tidal issue in next couple of days, please stay tuned if you are concerned about the Tidal issues on i5.

Hi Andy,

the firmware is out on the Chinese site - but no possibility to download it, constantly drops at 30MBs or so. Any chance to upload it to other sources?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back