Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384 PCM + 64/128 DSD
Jan 31, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #2,701 of 3,742

1. Yes, the play/pause and skip track on screen buttons work perfectly on my i5 even on the lock screen, but as a personal preference I use the physical buttons more often.
2. Gain settings (aka low db and high db on the i5 software) are usefull to drive a wide variety of IEMs/Headphones with differences in their nominal impedance measured in Ohms (Ω). The Cayin i5 has a recommended headphone impedance range between 8-300Ω which technically means any IEM/Headphone between that range can be driven with the i5 without any constraint thanks to this gain settings and it will sound the way it is intended. "Technically speaking" of course.
tongue.gif

Just to be sure to have understood: the high db setting is then for headphones with high impedance?

Jan 31, 2017 at 11:07 AM Post #2,703 of 3,742

I was listening as per normal during my daily commute to work and I switched the player off when I reached the office.
9 hours later after I was off work, I tried to turn on the player again and there was no response at all. The re-enabling sequence was similar to yours with the recovery mode and the power plugged in.

Thanks for sharing Kell77. I´ll replicate the two following scenarios in the coming days to replicate this behavior and I´ll share any findings with you guys
smile.gif

1. I will play the same DSD128 files I heard the night this issue arised, then I´ll pause one of those DSD files and I´ll leave my Cayin i5 On for 10 or 15 hours straight.
2. I´ll start playing the same DSD128 files I heard the night this issue arised and I´ll leave it playing the rest of the music library. At one point the i5 will end playing music and it will stay On, I´ll check the device 10 and 15 hours later.

We´ll see what happens lol. I´ll also share the music settings and general i5 settings.

Jan 31, 2017 at 11:51 AM Post #2,704 of 3,742
Today I also experienced a strange event of battery draining: when I turned off the i5 yesterday I was pretty sure that battery charge was above 30%. When I turned it on today, it immediately went off "saying" that the battery was at 0%.

Jan 31, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #2,705 of 3,742
Today I also experienced a strange event of battery draining: when I turned off the i5 yesterday I was pretty sure that battery charge was above 30%. When I turned it on today, it immediately went off "saying" that the battery was at 0%.

That's weird. Mine never did that.

Jan 31, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #2,706 of 3,742
  I almost suffer a heart attack!! lol. I have been thinking about it for a while and actually I don't know if I turned it off when I went to sleep
ph34r.gif
I might have left it playing music during the night, but I still don't know how or why the device became unresponsive even when I plugged it to the power source 18 hours later I went to sleep. The aforementioned scenario makes me ask the following question:

Which would be the normal behavior of the Cayin i5 if it is left playing music for 4 hours straight, and after that it stays on for an indefinite period of time?

I'm tempted to replicate this scenario to see if I can replicate this "abnormal behavior". @kel77 would you elaborate your experience? Did your i5 also became "unresponsive"?The 

The behaviour may vary depending on your idle settings. Anyway I've experienced bugs when using the idle shutdown option. The device turning off automatically after the time set period, even if it wasn't on idle, was the most annoying one. So I'm not using that option at all, which drains the battery if I miss to turn it off. Not a fast drain though, so I'm good. I'm also curious about seeing your results after the scenerio replay...

Jan 31, 2017 at 12:16 PM Post #2,707 of 3,742

If you backread long enough, you'll see my numerous comments about this issue.  I put mine in the drawer about more than half charged like around 75%, then check it after a couple of days only to see the battery completely drained.  This DAP needs a working deep sleep function just like in my Opus#1.  I leave it 50% charged, will see it again after some days to be almost at the same level, maybe 3-5% less only.

Jan 31, 2017 at 1:00 PM Post #2,708 of 3,742

If you backread long enough, you'll see my numerous comments about this issue.  I put mine in the drawer about more than half charged like around 75%, then check it after a couple of days only to see the battery completely drained.  This DAP needs a working deep sleep function just like in my Opus#1.  I leave it 50% charged, will see it again after some days to be almost at the same level, maybe 3-5% less only.

I don't know if we are referring to the same issue: mine was supposed to be completely turned off, so it seems that some process prevented it from shutting down, even if the screen went off. Otherwise I couldn't explain such a behaviour, unless there is some problem with the correct measurement of the remaining charge.

Jan 31, 2017 at 11:24 PM Post #2,713 of 3,742
  The i5 community will not be too happy to learn that features missed in i5 will be now available in their entry DAP!

My thought would be if you want those features sell your higher priced dap and fund the lower model

Users who are viewing this thread

Back