Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384 PCM + 64/128 DSD
Jul 26, 2016 at 8:19 PM Post #781 of 3,742
seems hard to find a nice small OTG flash drive with proper capacity. 

Looking for this size, but this size seems only availabe as USB 3.0 connectors. And highest capacity is just 128GB.

USB C flashdrives in acceptable size come with laughable 64GB at best. 

Jul 26, 2016 at 9:10 PM Post #782 of 3,742
Has anyone managed to transfer files to SD card with player connected to comp (OSX)?
I have Android File Transfer for Mac installed and the app starts up when I have player connected. I can access the internal storage but not the contents of the SD card from app. Tried multiple cards but still same result.

No problems on my DP-X1 or AK320 using this transfer method. SD card is in ExFAT format.

Currently I am removing the SD card and transferring it from card reader when I am adding files.

Jul 27, 2016 at 7:41 AM Post #783 of 3,742
The Cayin i5 can definitely handle the TF10 or any similar IEM. However I'll suggest you add a portable amplifier such as C5, or use a desktop amplifier such as iHA-6 to handle full size planar headphones like HE560. The i5 will drive the HE560 to exceeding loud level, but it won't have enough current capacity to feed the magnetic components satisfactory.

Hi, Andy,

Can I5 drive Yuin PK1 to its full potential? or still need amp to do it. Please advise. Thanks.

Jul 28, 2016 at 5:05 AM Post #784 of 3,742
seems hard to find a nice small OTG flash drive with proper capacity. 

Looking for this size, but this size seems only availabe as USB 3.0 connectors. And highest capacity is just 128GB.

USB C flashdrives in acceptable size come with laughable 64GB at best. 

I thought Sandisk has 128GB Type C flash drive in the market already.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/02/22/sandisk-introduces-a-dedicated-usb-type-c-flash-drive-that-goes-up-to-128gb/

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jul 28, 2016 at 5:19 AM Post #785 of 3,742
Hi, Andy,

Can I5 drive Yuin PK1 to its full potential? or still need amp to do it. Please advise. Thanks.

My friend, full potential is a very bold claim,

If you were to compare i5 with certain desktop amplifier or adding a portable headphone amp such as Cayin C5 to the i5, the Yuin PK1 definitely will perform better. On the other hand, I doubt if there is any DAP can drive the Yuin PK1 to the same level as selected desktop or portable headphone amp in the chain.

The scenario can actually apply to a lot of scalable dynamic IEMs such as IE800.

So pardon me for saying that i5 can paired with Yuin PK1 "satisfactory", can't go beyond that in terms of a public claim from a manufacturer.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jul 28, 2016 at 5:44 AM Post #787 of 3,742
My friend, full potential is a very bold claim,

If you were to compare i5 with certain desktop amplifier or adding a portable headphone amp such as Cayin C5 to the i5, the Yuin PK1 definitely will perform better. On the other hand, I doubt if there is any DAP can drive the Yuin PK1 to the same level as selected desktop or portable headphone amp in the chain.

The scenario can actually apply to a lot of scalable dynamic IEMs such as IE800.

So pardon me for saying that i5 can paired with Yuin PK1 "satisfactory", can't go beyond that in terms of a public claim from a manufacturer.

Ok Andy.. Understood. Thanks for your explanation.

Jul 28, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #790 of 3,742
hope the firmware is fixed so I can change my mind or qp1r it is...
:confused_face:
tempted for i5 bc the color scheme pairs with fidue sirius :p but the sound of qp1r :smile_phones:

As far as I can remember how the QP1R performed. I won't say day and night but the Questyle is definitely in another league.

The i5 sounds great but can't compete with the best daps in the $800-1500 range

Jul 28, 2016 at 11:37 PM Post #793 of 3,742
As far as I can remember how the QP1R performed. I won't say day and night but the Questyle is definitely in another league.

The i5 sounds great but can't compete with the best daps in the $800-1500 range

so i got the qp1r first! based on sound signature, i5 can compete just like n5 :)

Jul 29, 2016 at 3:12 AM Post #794 of 3,742
just joined the club of i5 owners!
Still in box on my desk, will explore tonight after work!

Got a bundle of i5 with new Final Audio F4100 --> amazing pairing at this price point! 

P.S.: Hm, just opened the box and found quite bad scratches on the back panel. Will head back to the store to see
if I get it replaced.

Jul 29, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #795 of 3,742
Just got the i5 I am experiencing low level background static noise when wifi is turn on and streaming music on tidal and apple music. Can hear it clearly when using my noble k10 and less so on my layla. Want to know if it's a known problem or is it my unit any owner with the same experience? Also when streaming my music it will randomly pause for half a second in every track like its loading the track anyone experiencing it as well? If those are known problem will it be fix on the new 1.5 firmware?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back