Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384 PCM + 64/128 DSD
Jul 25, 2016 at 12:03 AM Post #753 of 3,742
  Any indications whether dignis might want to make a case for the i5? They making one for the N5, so I think there should be a chance....
The OEM case seems a bit thick...

there is a dignis case for n5 already 
redface.gif

Jul 25, 2016 at 12:37 AM Post #754 of 3,742
  Any indications whether dignis might want to make a case for the i5? They making one for the N5, so I think there should be a chance....
The OEM case seems a bit thick...

Yeah I'm expecting it too. The thickness of the OEM one makes it harder to navigate around the edge of the screen.
And the back scratches easily.

there is a dignis case for n5 already 
redface.gif

That's why he's asking if there'll be one for i5.

Jul 25, 2016 at 6:18 AM Post #759 of 3,742
can I ask if the current firmware of i5 is buggy?

Jul 25, 2016 at 7:36 PM Post #761 of 3,742
What do you mean about the line out with max volume?

The i5 has LO/HO combine. However, I thought that the LO suppose to be by pass the internal amp which is not volume controllable. It should has the soft setting switch. It's not make sense when use external amp with LO while LO already amp internally. Am I missing something?

Yes, it is functioning like what you say above.. That's why I put it as upside.. LO will give you maximum output for the external amp. My concern only, the volume information not showing 100% maximun volume.. It is minor only.

Jul 25, 2016 at 9:31 PM Post #762 of 3,742
not necessarily. Just if you use powerhungry headphones. Am using 99% easy-drivable earphones. Should have no issues with that.

I had the same thoughts when I received the LG V10, but it's a real nightmare when half of your headphones are useless.

I think that an audiophile dap should have a minimum of 150mw/32ohms. Which certainly won't drive power hungry cans but enough for everything else.

Jul 25, 2016 at 9:36 PM Post #763 of 3,742

I only experienced player crash twice so far. Start up time slightly slow but I just leave it on standby most of time.
Music scanning is fast.

when it crash it just freezes? thanks in advance!

Jul 25, 2016 at 10:04 PM Post #764 of 3,742
Yes, it is functioning like what you say above.. That's why I put it as upside.. LO will give you maximum output for the external amp. My concern only, the volume information not showing 100% maximun volume.. It is minor only.

This is what I think: when use LO function the output level is fix at max and by pass the internal amp. The volume knob only control the internal amp output, it's not control the LO output. What I mean is in LO mode the output level and volume is separated.

Having said that, could you please verify this: Ex. you're listening with headphone at volume 50, then you switch to LO mode (I guess there is some sort of "soft switch" in the setting like the X7), the volume level suppose to stay the same at 50. If this is the case then LO function is working correctly.

Thanks

Jul 25, 2016 at 10:16 PM Post #765 of 3,742
Hello lucky early i5 owners,

My IEM is UE TF10, my full size HE560 is on its way. Do you think the i5 able to drive those or it need external amp? Any experience with similar IEM and cans would be helpful. People on X7 thread comment that AM5 module work well for both IEM and full size cans especially Fiio having 50% for AM right now which is very tempting.

I can't wait to compare both side by side but US market still very silence. Head up info is very appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back