Cayin HA-300MK2 (2022) TOTL Transformer coupled Direct Heated Triode Tube HeadAmp (Page 91)
Oct 11, 2023 at 12:46 PM Post #4,456 of 6,476
Last edited:
Oct 11, 2023 at 3:34 PM Post #4,458 of 6,476
the only 300b tubes i see mentioned are from elrog or western electric, are most others inferior in some way? quality of build or something?
Imo Psvane top level tubes are on the same level, but that's subjective 🤷‍♂️

Oct 11, 2023 at 6:21 PM Post #4,459 of 6,476
I ordered Acme 300B, so soon I can give my impressions, I cannot compare with WE300 and ER300 tho. My intention first is to get magical tubey sound. Then in some point I will get the Elrog. Would like also to hear opinions about the Takatsuki and Stradi in the HA300. Waiting someone brave to pull the trigger on the Stradi 😂

Oct 11, 2023 at 7:12 PM Post #4,460 of 6,476
I ordered Acme 300B, so soon I can give my impressions, I cannot compare with WE300 and ER300 tho. My intention first is to get magical tubey sound. Then in some point I will get the Elrog. Would like also to hear opinions about the Takatsuki and Stradi in the HA300. Waiting someone brave to pull the trigger on the Stradi 😂
Can't imagine it getting anymore tubey, than the stock Gold Lions.

Oct 12, 2023 at 1:09 AM Post #4,461 of 6,476
Unless the mighty @Andykong uses his powerful Cayin employee powers to make PSVane to make a limited run of 22DE4 :L3000:

There is no magic on this, all they need is an order for 100K units. :smile:

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Oct 12, 2023 at 1:12 AM Post #4,462 of 6,476
There is no magic on this, all they need is an order for 100K units. :smile:
Cayin has deep pockets. :^)

And then you still don't know how well they would work out. The metallurgy, a good strong vacuum, which is why the Japanese tubes are often so good and last a long time and tolerances.

Oct 12, 2023 at 8:18 AM Post #4,464 of 6,476
I had Acmes for a bit, and I wouldn’t say they sound all that toobey. Actually more of a modern sound, with big bass and treble, mids more in balance than other 300b. Not that soft sounding. Great tubes though, especially for the price. Great tonality and good detail. They’re just missing that extra layer of “you are there” compared to Takatsukis. WE300b will give you refined toobey-ness, if toobey softness is what you want.

Seems the consensus, which I agree with, is that you’re better off getting toobey sound with drivers. Maybe try RCA or Ken-Rad VT-231.

Oct 12, 2023 at 8:46 AM Post #4,465 of 6,476
I had Acmes for a bit, and I wouldn’t say they sound all that toobey. Actually more of a modern sound, with big bass and treble, mids more in balance than other 300b. Not that soft sounding. Great tubes though, especially for the price. Great tonality and good detail. They’re just missing that extra layer of “you are there” compared to Takatsukis. WE300b will give you refined toobey-ness, if toobey softness is what you want.

Seems the consensus, which I agree with, is that you’re better off getting toobey sound with drivers. Maybe try RCA or Ken-Rad VT-231.

Acme 300B + 4x22DE4 Jap Black plate, someone said bass?

baby-headphones.gif

Oct 12, 2023 at 3:46 PM Post #4,466 of 6,476
Good to see some discussion of the slightly more affordable tubes : )
Has anyone been able to compare the Linlai E-300B vs the Psvane WE300B replica?

I had a pair of Psvane WE300B replicas in my HA-300 (mk1). Unfortunately one of them blew (all white inside), and I presume replacing only the blown tube and running them unmatched is not the best of ideas?! I really loved the Psvanes, but if I'm going for a new pair I'd probably want something leaning a little warmer while hopefully preserving the technicalities. Seems the Psvane Acme might fit that description, but curious about the Linlai since they're priced evenly. Right now I'm just running a cheap pair of Psvane 300B/N which are pleasant enough, but hardly does justice to the amp.

Oct 12, 2023 at 4:02 PM Post #4,467 of 6,476
Good to see some discussion of the slightly more affordable tubes : )
Has anyone been able to compare the Linlai E-300B vs the Psvane WE300B replica?

I had a pair of Psvane WE300B replicas in my HA-300 (mk1). Unfortunately one of them blew (all white inside), and I presume replacing only the blown tube and running them unmatched is not the best of ideas?! I really loved the Psvanes, but if I'm going for a new pair I'd probably want something leaning a little warmer while hopefully preserving the technicalities. Seems the Psvane Acme might fit that description, but curious about the Linlai since they're priced evenly. Right now I'm just running a cheap pair of Psvane 300B/N which are pleasant enough, but hardly does justice to the amp.
So the tube lost its vacuum, which turns the getter white.

There should be measurements that came with the tube. The company should be able to match those measurements with another tube so you would only need to buy one.

Oct 12, 2023 at 4:36 PM Post #4,468 of 6,476
So the tube lost its vacuum, which turns the getter white.

There should be measurements that came with the tube. The company should be able to match those measurements with another tube so you would only need to buy one.

Are the original measurements still something to go by? They've been used quite a few hours (without me being able to say exactly how much).

Oct 12, 2023 at 4:41 PM Post #4,469 of 6,476
Are the original measurements still something to go by? They've been used quite a few hours (without me being able to say exactly how much).
They can change a little but more at the end of life for the tube. And the 300B should last a very long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back