Cayin C9: Dual Nutube, Fully Balanced Class A/AB Portable HeadAmp
Dec 23, 2021 at 9:25 AM Post #5,146 of 6,212
In HeadFi, End Game is a short-term status. it can be a week, or a month, or a year. However, in this particular case, if his statement last for 1 week, it will be equivalent to 1 month or 1 year already.

Shall we suggest some planar IEM options to Scotty? Maybe we can encourage him to break his endgame before end of 2021? :ksc75smile:

Let me throw the first punch:

Audeze Euclid
:wink:
No, i have an Over-Ear Planar already. But the ease of wearing the iSine 20 and the sound coming out of them, that is my (personell) end-game for now, this year and the next, as long as it lasts.

End-game is such a nasty word. Maybe the DAP or the AMP may change, but why the IEMs, when you found the right ones.

Dec 23, 2021 at 3:10 PM Post #5,147 of 6,212
Where did you purchase the little rack? I just recently got the C9 to pair with my DX300, and I'm interested in something similar. Having trouble finding such things on Amazon.

Dec 23, 2021 at 3:29 PM Post #5,148 of 6,212
Where did you purchase the little rack? I just recently got the C9 to pair with my DX300, and I'm interested in something similar. Having trouble finding such things on Amazon.
Amazon Japan I have got one too.
Amazon Rack

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2021 at 9:24 PM Post #5,150 of 6,212
ctaxxxx

Amazon Japan as noted above.
But since you too are in the US, and want IF you want to avoid the international shipping and such, I found the same rack at APOS Audio in CA, online
https://apos.audio/products/topping-acrylic-rack?_pos=1&_sid=c178eba91&_ss=r
Have only purchased the rack from them, and nothing else, but the transaction for the rack was pretty painless.
Enjoy using it with my C9 and Lotoo PAW 6K
Hope this helps

Dec 24, 2021 at 12:33 AM Post #5,151 of 6,212
ctaxxxx

But since you too are in the US, and want IF you want to avoid the international shipping and such, I found the same rack at APOS Audio in CA, online
Have only purchased the rack from them, and nothing else, but the transaction for the rack was pretty painless.
Hope this helps
That's perfect! I just placed an order. Thanks everyone!

Dec 25, 2021 at 7:28 AM Post #5,152 of 6,212
Merry Christmas Everyone! 🎅
Wishing you all Happy Holidays and hoping Santa brought you all you needed for Happy Listening 🎶
Enjoy 🎄

Dec 26, 2021 at 6:55 PM Post #5,153 of 6,212
Just discovered an issue with C9, I’ve always used it balanced to balanced, but when i tried 3.5 from dx240, it gives channel imbalance if listening from balanced headphones, its ok if i listen via 3.5, but as soon as i cross unbalanced signal with balanced cans left channel dips.
Anyone experienced this?

Dec 26, 2021 at 7:07 PM Post #5,154 of 6,212
Hello friends
I am considering to purchase C9. I have a particular use case and would love the advise of those who have been posting but especially @bluestorm1992, @Whitigir and @Andykong. I read the first 284 pages of this thread and my question was not asked in them- if it has been asked in the last 50 pages pls forgive me and point me to that post.

I own R8 and will plan to separately charge R8 and C9, never at the same time. I am interested to stream Roon via the signal chain hooked up like this; Google Wifi point (dc powered by its own adapter) -> RJ45 to Sonore MicroRendu, DC powered by LPS 1.2 (7 V input, 1 Amp) —> R8 via USB data (acting as a DAC not charging)—> 4.4 LO balanced to line in C9 —> iems via C9 3.5 mm or 4.4 mm PO ports.

Is there danger of triggering protective mode of C9 and damaging R8 because R8 is connected by USB (for data not charging) to the Sonore MicroRendu that is itself powered by DC current?

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2021 at 7:16 PM Post #5,155 of 6,212
Here is my second use case for C9:
Google Wifi point (dc powered by its own adapter) -> RJ45 to Sonore MicroRendu (DC powered by LPS 1.2 (7 V input, 1 Amp) —> USB data input only to iFi micro i DSD (this device is NOT charging when playing) —> RCA R and L line out SE via dual RCA (male) to 3.5 mm (male) adapter —> SE 3.5 mm line in to C9 —> iems out either 3.5 mm SE or 4.4 mm PO ports.

Similar to my other use case, Is there danger of triggering protective mode of C9 and damaging Ifi micro IDSD because iDSD is connected by USB (for data not charging) to the Sonore MicroRendu that is itself powered by DC current?

Dec 26, 2021 at 7:31 PM Post #5,156 of 6,212
Final use case
What about connecting a (DC) powered DAC -say an IFI Zen Dac V2 - to the C9. ZenDac V2 has a balanced 4.4 mm dedicated line out. What if I connect that LO via a non grounded 4.4 MM IC cable to 4.4 mm line in of C9 —is the fact that Zen DAC is a powered Dac a danger to activate the protective mode of C9 and short/damage the powered DAC?

Any difference if I connect the Zen DAC V2 via dual RCA to 3.5 mm SE adapter (acting as a DAC) to 3.5 mm line in of C9?

Thanks in advance for ANY AND ALL advice.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2021 at 5:00 AM Post #5,157 of 6,212
BEST-PORTABLE-AMPLIFIER-2021.jpg

Headfonics named our C9 as Best Portable Amplifier 2021. We are grateful that our product is well recognised by reviewers and users.

Marcus described the Cayin C9 as our "most refined version yet of their DOA and timbre technology inside their portable audio gear. Not only that, but it also revitalizes tubes on the go, a traditional niche in our hobby that seems to be forgotten in the head-long rush to find that one DAP on steroids."
Announcement of Headfonics Top Gear Awards for 2021

Check out Headfonic's C9 full review if you want to find out more detail.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Dec 27, 2021 at 5:25 AM Post #5,158 of 6,212
Congratulations! A well deserved award as I can also conclude that the C9 is an amazing Portable Amplifier that can be matched with many DAPs producing outstanding results. Many Congratulations again to you. Keep up the fantastic work that you all do!

Dec 27, 2021 at 11:19 AM Post #5,159 of 6,212
BEST-PORTABLE-AMPLIFIER-2021.jpg

Headfonics named our C9 as Best Portable Amplifier 2021. We are grateful that our product is well recognised by reviewers and users.

Marcus described the Cayin C9 as our "most refined version yet of their DOA and timbre technology inside their portable audio gear. Not only that, but it also revitalizes tubes on the go, a traditional niche in our hobby that seems to be forgotten in the head-long rush to find that one DAP on steroids."
Announcement of Headfonics Top Gear Awards for 2021

Check out Headfonic's C9 full review if you want to find out more detail.
@andykang

Congratulations to you and the C9 team and Cayin!
But lots of credit to you Andy for being responsive and transparent here. Can't speak for all C9 owners, but following your posts and information here helped and confirmed to me, getting a C9 should be in my arsenal of audio gear. Have been enjoying since.
Thank you!

Dec 27, 2021 at 1:02 PM Post #5,160 of 6,212
ctaxxxx

Hope this helps
I found it on aliexpress.

Aliexpress

There are other dimensions available. Look for "acrylic rack"
Is the stock interconnect too short for the rack? Was looking to buy a better interconnect, but not sure if I need to order a custom length.

Penon Totem seems too short, but the Eletech ones seem to be the same length as the stock?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back