Cayin C9: Dual Nutube, Fully Balanced Class A/AB Portable HeadAmp
Dec 16, 2021 at 7:32 AM Post #5,131 of 6,212
i can definitely see why people want longer IC cables for the C9... unit runs rather hot, especially hot when running when the batteries are charging (obv). hot enough where i lay my LPGT to the side of it. makes a nice dual purpose hand warmer for these colder office days but yes, i will be looking into a longer IC cable... FAW likely.
The Totem IC is excellent but short indeed. Here's how I used my setup, with a tall smartphone stand.

Dx312-C9-stand.jpg

Convenient, smaller footprint on the desk and optimized for cooling. :innocent:

Dec 16, 2021 at 8:59 AM Post #5,132 of 6,212
i can definitely see why people want longer IC cables for the C9... unit runs rather hot, especially hot when running when the batteries are charging (obv). hot enough where i lay my LPGT to the side of it. makes a nice dual purpose hand warmer for these colder office days but yes, i will be looking into a longer IC cable... FAW likely.
I'm getting in a FAW Noir IC with 4.4mm Furutech plugs each end probably next week, so can let you know how it pairs. I also recommend Plussound. Christian there will do you an IC at any length you want. Excuse the phone photo, but you get the idea:

20211216_145227.jpg

Dec 16, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #5,133 of 6,212
I'm getting in a FAW Noir IC with 4.4mm Furutech plugs each end probably next week, so can let you know how it pairs. I also recommend Plussound. Christian there will do you an IC at any length you want. Excuse the phone photo, but you get the idea:

20211216_145227.jpg
Nostoi

Can definitely recommend Christian @ PlusSound, as that is who I worked with to make my longer IC's.
I've always got really good and to the point recommendations from Christian, and built my 2 X8 8 wires IC's mixing cable types, and at least for me and IMO, was well worth the cost as I'm really hearing a difference from the various Interconnects I tried. I have a post earlier in this (Cayin C9 thread) going over the various IC's I tried and what I landed at from PlusSound, and maybe not something everyone will end with, I'm very happy with the results

My current setup when using the C9
P6K+C9+Jolene+PS IC + PC PPH.jpg

Dec 16, 2021 at 12:12 PM Post #5,134 of 6,212
Nostoi

Can definitely recommend Christian @ PlusSound, as that is who I worked with to make my longer IC's.
I've always got really good and to the point recommendations from Christian, and built my 2 X8 8 wires IC's mixing cable types, and at least for me and IMO, was well worth the cost as I'm really hearing a difference from the various Interconnects I tried. I have a post earlier in this (Cayin C9 thread) going over the various IC's I tried and what I landed at from PlusSound, and maybe not something everyone will end with, I'm very happy with the results

My current setup when using the C9
Nice. Looks like we're both using same cables - X8 silver plated copper? Christian is great, indeed. His cables sound spectacular - not overly coloured but very refined - and they're probably the most aesthetically pleasing ones out there.

Dec 16, 2021 at 1:30 PM Post #5,135 of 6,212
Nice. Looks like we're both using same cables - X8 silver plated copper? Christian is great, indeed. His cables sound spectacular - not overly coloured but very refined - and they're probably the most aesthetically pleasing ones out there.
Nostoi

Actually, selling a X8 cable I had Christian make that was 4 wires of Silver Platted Copper + 4 wires of Silver and Gold alloy. I really enjoyed the sound signature, but then the wild side took over and I discussed a X8 cable using 4 wires of Tri-Silver (silver, silver gold alloy and Palladium Platted silver in each wire) + 4 wires of the Palladium Platted Hybrid (Palladium Platted Copper and Palladium Platted Silver in the same wire) with Christian and that is the cable I've settled on as my go to with the C9. that is what was in the attached photo.
Terminated both cables with Christian's really nice Rhodium Platted 4.4mm Balanced connectors and the sound quality that came out of the C9 was just really enjoyable. The later cable really extended the sound stage front to back as well as side to side.

Agree with the aesthetics of the PlusSound cable, and the build quality has just been rock solid.
Probably spent more than I should have but during the Covid Lockdown, it was my welcomed escape...

Cheers!

Dec 17, 2021 at 4:55 AM Post #5,136 of 6,212

+1. Yes, please let us us about the Forza Audio Works cable, shopping and delivery experience. It is one of the few custom cable makers in Europe, not much choice here, in particular not in Germany.

Dec 20, 2021 at 1:32 PM Post #5,140 of 6,212

Attachments

• 20211220_103029.jpg
    20211220_103029.jpg
    946.9 KB · Views: 0
Dec 21, 2021 at 5:10 AM Post #5,141 of 6,212
When you charge the batteries in the external charger, what amperage do you select?

If I charge to 2.0A will it damage the batteries or better to charge it slowly to 0.5A?
IMG_20211221_111019_615.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2021 at 5:48 PM Post #5,142 of 6,212
When you charge the batteries in the external charger, what amperage do you select?

If I charge to 2.0A will it damage the batteries or better to charge it slowly to 0.5A?IMG_20211221_111019_615.jpg
I think chargers like these usually automatically select the amperage based on the battery's capacity. When you turn it on first what does it set to?

Dec 22, 2021 at 12:11 AM Post #5,143 of 6,212
I think charging wise it’s best with multi battery to use the same set of 4 and always charge and discharge as a matched sets. There’s a lot of Counterfeit and rewraps batteries of this type since there also widely used in vaporize. I would avoid buying batteries on amazon.
Definitely do some research on these type of batteries and buy from somewhere you trust.
I have used https://www.imrbatteries.com/ in the past.

Dec 23, 2021 at 9:20 AM Post #5,145 of 6,212
I think, i have found my dream combo at last:

Ibasso DX300Max
Rotland IC Connect cable
Cayin C9
Tripowin 4,4mm balanced
Audeze iSine 20

(please excuse the dust :wink:)

IMG_0106.jpg

In HeadFi, End Game is a short-term status. it can be a week, or a month, or a year. However, in this particular case, if his statement last for 1 week, it will be equivalent to 1 month or 1 year already.

Shall we suggest some planar IEM options to Scotty? Maybe we can encourage him to break his endgame before end of 2021? :ksc75smile:

Let me throw the first punch:

Audeze Euclid
:wink:

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back