Cayin C9: Dual Nutube, Fully Balanced Class A/AB Portable HeadAmp
Nov 9, 2021 at 5:05 PM Post #5,011 of 6,236
I notice when I charge it, it shouts from 2 lights to four. When in use it, after a few mins it drops from 4 lights to 2. Is this to do with battery conditioning?
When I got mine first it used to stay on 4 lights for hours and then the battery would start to die quickly. I let it run down completely and then fully charged it and the indicators work better now so it may help you too. It was recommended somewhere else in this thread to fix it.

Nov 9, 2021 at 5:07 PM Post #5,012 of 6,236
When I got mine first it used to stay on 4 lights for hours and then the battery would start to die quickly. I let it run down completely and then fully charged it and the indicators work better now so it may help you too. It was recommended somewhere else in this thread to fix it.
Cool, I thought that was the case. I’ll use it until it runs out tomorrow and then recharge it. Thanks 😀

Nov 9, 2021 at 11:44 PM Post #5,013 of 6,236
I sold my c9 a few months back, but then ended up missing it a lot so have just bought another!

Haha, so you once was lost, but now you found ......
Just make sure you won't lost it again. :wink: :wink:

I've now got every module for the n6ii also. Lots of experiments coming up. I'm also keen to try the c9 wit my ibasso dx300max. Exciting :)

The N6ii seems to get a lot of love after we launch R01, this is so encouraging.

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Nov 9, 2021 at 11:56 PM Post #5,014 of 6,236
I notice when I charge it, it shouts from 2 lights to four. When in use it, after a few mins it drops from 4 lights to 2. Is this to do with battery conditioning?

Should be battery problem, if this is your first cycle after you acquired the C9 again, maybe not all 4 batteries are in full charge, so the overall voltage drop quickly once they reach certain point. Discharge and recharge normally can rectify the problem.

Nov 10, 2021 at 1:16 AM Post #5,015 of 6,236
Good move. I've had my since it came out and continue to love it, especially via N6ii/A02. I can't really think of anything that didn't sound fantastic on it.

Been listening to DT1990 Pro via TT2 & C9 this morning - another great sounding set-up. :ok_hand:

The TT2 should be more than capable to handle DT1990 pro, wonder what mode did you use in C9? I assume you want to add a warmer presentation to your DT1990 Pro?

Nov 10, 2021 at 1:30 AM Post #5,016 of 6,236
Should be battery problem, if this is your first cycle after you acquired the C9 again, maybe not all 4 batteries are in full charge, so the overall voltage drop quickly once they reach certain point. Discharge and recharge normally can rectify the problem.
Thanks Andy, I’ll do that today 😀

Nov 10, 2021 at 1:42 AM Post #5,017 of 6,236
The TT2 should be more than capable to handle DT1990 pro, wonder what mode did you use in C9? I assume you want to add a warmer presentation to your DT1990 Pro?
Exactly. Not a question of power but a question of colour. I find the C9 slightly "tames" the peaks on the DT1990 without in any sense augmenting the technical presentation. Generally I use the TT2 on its own, but it's nice to have the option for a different tonality.

Nov 10, 2021 at 4:25 AM Post #5,019 of 6,236
I just discharged it completely and then started to charge it again. It seems to charge properly for the first two lights and then just jumps straight to 4th light. I’ve taken the batteries out and puts them back in. Same result

Nov 11, 2021 at 3:15 AM Post #5,020 of 6,236
Thanks for letting me know. No matter I know it pairs great with my N6ii and wm1z. Anybody know how the final a8000 or acoustune iems do with the c9?
+1. I would also like to hear about any impressions of the final A8000 with the C9, mainly for a bit of coloring. More, I would like to hear about the A8000 on the N6ii, any module(s) you have. Thanks!

Nov 14, 2021 at 7:50 PM Post #5,022 of 6,236
Have anyone paired C9 with HF suvanra.
I know it cannot drive suvanra properly but hope that it can temporary match :).

Nov 18, 2021 at 4:51 PM Post #5,023 of 6,236
I just got my C9 and can't get it to turn on. I put it to charge and the 4 LEDs turn orange but the device does not turn on even with the battery at maximum ...

I need help!

Nov 18, 2021 at 5:06 PM Post #5,024 of 6,236
I just got my C9 and can't get it to turn on. I put it to charge and the 4 LEDs turn orange but the device does not turn on even with the battery at maximum ...

I need help!
Did you open up the unit to charge the batteries? If so, you need to plug it in again once you close the C9. Then, it will turn on. This is a safety feature.

Nov 18, 2021 at 5:08 PM Post #5,025 of 6,236
Have anyone paired C9 with HF suvanra.
I know it cannot drive suvanra properly but hope that it can temporary match :).
Yes, I just got a Susvara after having owned the C9 all year. Andy Kong said it wouldn't drive it properly and I can confirm that the sound is very bad. It sounds very compressed. I only have the gain set to about 2 pm, but it really sounds bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back