Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon Owners Impressions
Sep 8, 2016 at 7:37 PM Post #2,284 of 2,966
Thanks for the review. Now I'm debating weather or not I should cancel my LC order and grab a Mjolnir 2 :-/

The MJ2 is 50% more expensive before getting into expensive tubes.  You might as well get the LC and see if you like it first.  You're not going to be able to get another one easily if you change your mind.  If nothing else, you can sell it for $800 and keep the power cord.  :wink:

Sep 8, 2016 at 7:48 PM Post #2,285 of 2,966

The MJ2 is 50% more expensive before getting into expensive tubes.  You might as well get the LC and see if you like it first.  You're not going to be able to get another one easily if you change your mind.  If nothing else, you can sell it for $800 and keep the power cord.  :wink:

+1

but I guess it depends if you like tube sound or not.
ooo, and secondly, your genre preference too!!

I think if you listen to metal or something that can be harsh like that, the mj2 being a Schiit could be more revealing and unpleasant to the harsh source.

personally, I'll just save some money and buy an LC(It's a safe bet ^_^)

Sep 8, 2016 at 8:06 PM Post #2,286 of 2,966
+1

I think if you listen to metal or something that can be harsh like that, the mj2 being a Schiit could be more revealing and unpleasant to the harsh source.

The LC is currently at $799 which is not far off from the MJ2 but as far as obtaining one over the other I guess your right. I wish I could of audition both but that's just near impossible currently.

Sep 8, 2016 at 9:09 PM Post #2,287 of 2,966
+1

The LC is currently at $799 which is not far off from the MJ2 but as far as obtaining one over the other I guess your right. I wish I could of audition both but that's just near impossible currently.

Had them both and really liked them both. The MJ2 imho with upgraded tubes is hard to beat for the money.

Sep 8, 2016 at 10:58 PM Post #2,290 of 2,966
Jotunheim, especially if power is important even if just down the road .

Sep 9, 2016 at 7:14 AM Post #2,292 of 2,966

I think the power of the two is closer then you might think. Where did Alex post the power specs of the final production numbers? Let me think about where that was...

Sep 9, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #2,293 of 2,966

I think the power of the two is closer then you might think. Where did Alex post the power specs of the final production numbers? Let me think about where that was...[/quote

http://www.cavalliaudio.com/products/liquid-carbon

LC: Maximum Power: ~1.5W into 50R

Jotunheim
Balanced Headphone Output:
Maximum Power, 50 ohms: 3000mW
Single-Ended Headphone Output:
Maximum Power, 50 ohms: 800mW

Sep 9, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #2,294 of 2,966
I think the power of the two is closer then you might think. Where did Alex post the power specs of the final production numbers? Let me think about where that was...

He posted 1.5w [50R] at the pre production stages, but never followed up on that later. But my own experience doubts that had even that much, unless I had a defective unit.

Sep 9, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #2,295 of 2,966
He posted 1.5w [50R] at the pre production stages, but never followed up on that later. But my own experience doubts that had even that much, unless I had a defective unit.

Actually he came back saying it was higher. I'll look for the quote later...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back