Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon Owners Impressions
Sep 12, 2016 at 4:31 PM Post #2,313 of 2,966
I'll take that as a no.

I know this is frustrating, but you might want to restrain your frustration. This is very much a boutique amplifier, with only 500 of them out in the wild from the first batch. Getting a consensus on anything is rather difficult. For instance, look at the brand Sennheiser. Do the HD series have a veil the rolls off the trouble or don't they? I don't believe there is a consensus one way or the other, and it is such a fun and popular debate that it has its own emoticon::deadhorse: this stands for beating a dead horse, in this case the Sennheiser "veil".

For me, the Liquid Carbon is a medium powered amplifier, that tilts ever so slightly to the warm side. Not quite to the level of tubes, but the treble is extremely controlled with no added sibilance. The bass is authoritative, but not exaggerated.

Is this a consensus? I'm not sure, although I know a few people who agree with my assessment.

I have not heard the amplifiers you mentioned, but I do know they have a pretty good reputation.

No forum, no thread, and no comment can never really replace your own experience with a piece of gear. This is why one of the mottos here is "sorry for your wallet"

Sep 18, 2016 at 9:18 PM Post #2,314 of 2,966
"For me, the Liquid Carbon is a medium powered amplifier, that tilts ever so slightly to the warm side. Not quite to the level of tubes, but the treble is extremely controlled with no added sibilance. The bass is authoritative, but not exaggerated."

I have one from the first batch. I think the above describes the Liquid Carbon well. I like balanced as well. But my TH900's are to die for in the SE output. A real slammer :0 Nope you do not need balanced.

Sep 19, 2016 at 4:53 AM Post #2,315 of 2,966
For me, the Liquid Carbon is a medium powered amplifier, that tilts ever so slightly to the warm side. Not quite to the level of tubes, but the treble is extremely controlled with no added sibilance. The bass is authoritative, but not exaggerated.

I have an LC from the first batch and this statement nicely sums up my impressions. It's a wonderful amplifier that offers a generous taste of the famous Cavalli sound at an attainable price.

Oct 3, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #2,316 of 2,966
So according to Alex, half of the final run of LAu's have already shipped or are in the process of shipping. The second half is slated for after RMAF. Has anyone here been contacted yet? I fear I am in the second half. Cheers 

Oct 3, 2016 at 10:36 PM Post #2,317 of 2,966
  So according to Alex, half of the final run of LAu's have already shipped or are in the process of shipping. The second half is slated for after RMAF. Has anyone here been contacted yet? I fear I am in the second half. Cheers 

There's discussion over here in the LAu thread.  I believe they're shipping in the order the orders were received so yours will probably be in the second batch.

Oct 4, 2016 at 6:32 AM Post #2,318 of 2,966
I assume I'm in the second batch. I got a message from Cavalli in mid August saying they're looking at shipping late Sept. I haven't heard anything since. 

I'm waiting but... I'm patient. I've been waiting my entire life, another month or so isn't going to hurt.

Oct 5, 2016 at 12:02 AM Post #2,319 of 2,966
I just received an email saying that my LC 2.0 is due to arrive this Thursday the 6th as it will be shipped out today!!!

Oct 6, 2016 at 5:27 PM Post #2,320 of 2,966
So.........has anyone been able to compare the LC to Schiits new "Jot". I'm on the waiting list for the next run of "Jots".
atsmile.gif

Oct 6, 2016 at 5:41 PM Post #2,321 of 2,966
  So.........has anyone been able to compare the LC to Schiits new "Jot". I'm on the waiting list for the next run of "Jots".
atsmile.gif

Jot has more punch and details. Can be bright at times.
LC has more enveloping sound and warmer tonality.

Jot is technically superior. Its tonality might not appeal to bright headphone owners.

Oct 6, 2016 at 6:03 PM Post #2,322 of 2,966

Jot has more punch and details. Can be bright at times.
LC has more enveloping sound and warmer tonality.

Jot is technically superior. Its tonality might not appeal to bright headphone owners.

Sounds like they will be a good complement to each other.

Oct 6, 2016 at 6:41 PM Post #2,324 of 2,966
Mainly more revealing of small details throughout. Tighter sound and more impact.

The LC tonality (warmish, with good clarity) and soundstage presentation (more laid back) is very appealing, though. The Jot is more forward and brighter.

For those who know Audio-GD amps, the LC is like a SA-31 and the Jot more like a NFB-6 or NFB-1amp (brighter, though).

Oct 6, 2016 at 6:44 PM Post #2,325 of 2,966
Mainly more revealing of small details throughout. Tighter sound and more impact.

The LC tonality (warmish, with good clarity) and soundstage presentation (more laid back) is very appealing, though. The Jot is more forward and brighter.

For those who know Audio-GD amps, the LC is like a SA-31 and the Jot more like a NFB-6 or NFB-1amp (brighter, though).

I've been curious about the Jot, but being as my main headphone is the hd800. I'd guess the LC is a better pairing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back