Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon Owners Impressions
Apr 4, 2016 at 9:08 PM Post #1,786 of 2,966
Apr 4, 2016 at 9:31 PM Post #1,787 of 2,966
When placed at the Extreme ends of the device a wider soundstage has been perceived.

In for one 
rolleyes.gif

But really though, I need to get some feet for my LC. 

Apr 4, 2016 at 9:48 PM Post #1,788 of 2,966
In for one :rolleyes:

I used the rubber feet that came with the iDAC2 (that I won) for my Liquid Carbon. That's the total extent that I've used the iDAC2, lol!

Apr 4, 2016 at 10:10 PM Post #1,789 of 2,966
In for one :rolleyes:

I bought these and have extras. PM if you like them and I'll send 4 to you.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002OTNGPQ/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Apr 5, 2016 at 3:06 PM Post #1,790 of 2,966

Hello gents. We are working on this with CanDude. I'm not certain what happened in this instance. Give me a little bit to try to understand it.

As of 10 minutes ago I just had the exact same thing happen to my LC 
frown.gif
 #22. 

WARNING:
Do not plug a SE plug into the SE jack when a headphone is connected to a balanced jack, and the power is on! 
Amp instantly broke. Bass clipping heavily in both channels.

Apr 5, 2016 at 7:28 PM Post #1,791 of 2,966
frown.gif
 #22. 

WARNING:
Do not plug a SE plug into the SE jack when a headphone is connected to a balanced jack, and the power is on! 

oh!! I do this all the time 
frown.gif
 and luckily no issue so far.

Apr 5, 2016 at 7:29 PM Post #1,792 of 2,966
I put tape over the socket not used just to remind myself of this! 

Apr 5, 2016 at 8:46 PM Post #1,793 of 2,966
frown.gif
 #22. 

WARNING:

what headphones did you use?  the other person that experience this issue I think has his HE-6 plugged into the balanced..

I have no issues with this since I only use 1 headphone at a time..

Apr 5, 2016 at 9:36 PM Post #1,795 of 2,966
This is great news! Is there any way for current owners of the LC to receive the power supply upgrade in the new version of the LC?
I really need an answer to this question. My Stock SE th900's sound like Pete Townshend's Hiwatt when there is no music playing.

Apr 5, 2016 at 11:33 PM Post #1,797 of 2,966
why don't you email warren or alex regarding this.. I find no fault on the SE of my LC (as of now)..tried my A83, SR80i, 560..maybe yours has a defect and you can have it fixed.
Mines not broken. As I just said in another post, the SE input works better for me at lower listening volumes.

Apr 5, 2016 at 11:46 PM Post #1,798 of 2,966
why don't you email warren or alex regarding this.. I find no fault on the SE of my LC (as of now)..tried my A83, SR80i, 560..maybe yours has a defect and you can have it fixed.
Mines not broken. As I just said in another post, the SE input works better for me at lower listening volumes.

I don't know dude, you're making it sound pretty broken. Maybe you should take advantage of that lifetime warranty or something. :wink:

Apr 9, 2016 at 10:33 PM Post #1,799 of 2,966
I really need an answer to this question. My Stock SE th900's sound like Pete Townshend's Hiwatt when there is no music playing.

That is interesting. I have an Ember that I have been playing with tube rolling. I have some setups with multiple tubes. Some people had mantioned hum in one channel with similar setups. I have used the HE 560, He 400i, Hd600, Hd650, Pm3, Hp50 with a set of 6g5 Visseaux tubes. Dead silence. I plugged in my set of TH-X00 and had a bunch of hum in the left channel. I will have to plug them into the LC and see what happens. Not sure why they would show up noise  more than others. They really aren't much more sensitive than the PM 3 or HP 50?

BTW, I have had no problems with noise and the LC... except balanced in and SE out... cured by connecting an RCA cable between the DAC and LC .. When I do that it is actually very quiet.

Apr 9, 2016 at 10:51 PM Post #1,800 of 2,966
That is interesting. I have an Ember that I have been playing with tube rolling. I have some setups with multiple tubes. Some people had mantioned hum in one channel with similar setups. I have used the HE 560, He 400i, Hd600, Hd650, Pm3, Hp50 with a set of 6g5 Visseaux tubes. Dead silence. I plugged in my set of TH-X00 and had a bunch of hum in the left channel. I will have to plug them into the LC and see what happens. Not sure why they would show up noise  more than others. They really aren't much more sensitive than the PM 3 or HP 50?

BTW, I have had no problems with noise and the LC... except balanced in and SE out... cured by connecting an RCA cable between the DAC and LC .. When I do that it is actually very quiet.
Well, thank you for reviving my specious comments. Ok I exaggerated a bit. Yet, If I'm listening to Enya with the TH900's, I'm blissed out on one of her swirling waltzes, and then between the tracks is a noticible amplifier hum which is then covered up when the music starts up again. This is the only amp I have with noise on the SE. I will contact Cavalli. But tonight, thank you, I will take your suggestion and connect an RCA between my Emotiva and the LC. It is just connected balanced at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back