Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon Owners Impressions
Mar 16, 2016 at 3:11 AM Post #1,713 of 2,966
No doubt they will tweak it. Perhaps for faster, smoother assembly and to fix any flaws. Read a few (only a few) posts of first batch LC owners who had to ship theirs back for fixes. I figured that was why the lifetime warranty was added.

Second batch should have even fewer issues and no delays (I waited 5 months before having to cancel my original LC order). Doubt the second run will have the lifetime warranty though; it won't need it.

Mar 16, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #1,714 of 2,966
interestingly,I have been using my LC with my Hugo or Mojo and LCD-3F's and up until recently I had been putting volume on the Hugo to something marginally less than the fixed level and i enjoyed the combo but did not love it...just playing around a bit i decided to try the combo with the volume of the Hugo at the green normal start up and viola everything changed for me.....obviously I have to turn the volume up on the LC but to my ears what a difference...it seems like the soundstage opened up and the music was less congested and less harsh.....all of a sudden my LCD-3F's had a much wider soundstage and i found myself more involved with the music.....I dont think it is my imagination and i would recommend to anyone using the combo that you experiment with the volume levels of the LC and the Hugo...you might be surprised with the results,I was!

Mar 16, 2016 at 6:14 PM Post #1,715 of 2,966
  interestingly,I have been using my LC with my Hugo or Mojo and LCD-3F's and up until recently I had been putting volume on the Hugo to something marginally less than the fixed level and i enjoyed the combo but did not love it...just playing around a bit i decided to try the combo with the volume of the Hugo at the green normal start up and viola everything changed for me.....obviously I have to turn the volume up on the LC but to my ears what a difference...it seems like the soundstage opened up and the music was less congested and less harsh.....all of a sudden my LCD-3F's had a much wider soundstage and i found myself more involved with the music.....I dont think it is my imagination and i would recommend to anyone using the combo that you experiment with the volume levels of the LC and the Hugo...you might be surprised with the results,I was!

That's a great recommendation, as I'm hoping to finally get an LC and use the Hugo and Audezes with it! It indicates that the LC offers a bit of coloration.  Thanks!

Mar 17, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #1,716 of 2,966

You beat me to it!!  I was just about to post the same EXACT experience.  I use a HUGO with LCD-X and wasn't "loving" the combo with the LC.  I figured, burn in, which has been going on for quite some time.  Of course I overlooked the obvious as you point out, turned down the volume from the fixed volume of starting the HUGO with crossfeed being held down at startup and amazingly, the music was amazing!  Not bragging but comparing, my main system has the amazing NOLA Concert Grand Golds speakers, which Harry Pearson just before his death, reviewed and felt were the best speakers he has ever heard.  I can say, the combo of the HUGO, LCD-X and LC (with HUGO volume turned down) brings me as close to my main system as any can system I have ever heard.

The LC is quite a bargain.   

Mar 17, 2016 at 11:03 AM Post #1,717 of 2,966
  You beat me to it!!  I was just about to post the same EXACT experience.  I use a HUGO with LCD-X and wasn't "loving" the combo with the LC.  I figured, burn in, which has been going on for quite some time.  Of course I overlooked the obvious as you point out, turned down the volume from the fixed volume of starting the HUGO with crossfeed being held down at startup and amazingly, the music was amazing!  Not bragging but comparing, my main system has the amazing NOLA Concert Grand Golds speakers, which Harry Pearson just before his death, reviewed and felt were the best speakers he has ever heard.  I can say, the combo of the HUGO, LCD-X and LC (with HUGO volume turned down) brings me as close to my main system as any can system I have ever heard.

The LC is quite a bargain.   

Have you tried outputting 24/32 bit audio from your computer and then lowering the volume on the Mojo? Wouldn't expect any loss of quality if that was done, though could be wrong.

Mar 17, 2016 at 11:08 AM Post #1,718 of 2,966

Have you tried outputting 24/32 bit audio from your computer and then lowering the volume on the Mojo? Wouldn't expect any loss of quality if that was done, though could be wrong.

Using a HUGO not a Mojo and I like leaving sampling as is.  I am loving what I am hearing right now.  I really haven't heard better, especially for the price.  

Mar 17, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #1,719 of 2,966
Umm, I jut got a LC and now Cavelli announce a second run with some "surprises" bases on user feedback. I'm wondering if I need to sell my v1 now and jump on the V2.

Mar 17, 2016 at 1:07 PM Post #1,720 of 2,966
I could be made to look the fool later, but I tend to think the guts of the LC will remain the same.  With maybe a manufacturing tweek or two to help prevent issues that popped up with the first run.

Now maybe a new color or some other aesthetic change to make it stand out from the first run?

Mar 17, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #1,723 of 2,966
Warren posted last night or this morning that the official announcement is coming soon, pending some last minute details.  

Mar 17, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #1,725 of 2,966
  I think the 'surprise' will be no price increase over the first run.

It'll still make it worth for the first batch as there's a limited warranty I guess.

Or maybe the surprise is that to keep the cost low they decide it would not have its chassis. Easy save up on cost. Jk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back