Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon Owners Impressions
Mar 19, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #1,729 of 2,966
Heard the Tungsten is incredible.

Mar 19, 2016 at 6:18 PM Post #1,731 of 2,966
Can someone tell me what the Tungsten is?

I have been looking and can't find any info on it.

Thanks
Hiwie

It's a prototype.

Mar 19, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #1,733 of 2,966
Is it pure balanced configuration? I knew he was releasing new stuff but was holding off on a Liquid Glass as a result of his new product releases. I really want a similar product to Liquid Glass with balanced in and out.

Thanks
Hiwie

Mar 19, 2016 at 7:34 PM Post #1,734 of 2,966
Is it pure balanced configuration? I knew he was releasing new stuff but was holding off on a Liquid Glass as a result of his new product releases. I really want a similar product to Liquid Glass with balanced in and out.

Thanks
Hiwie

Single ended input.

http://www.cavalliaudio.com/products/liquid-glass

Honestly, you won't miss a balanced input on Cavalli's amps, unless the SE out from the DAC is the weak link.

Duh, you're asking about the Tungsten. Apologies.

Edit: I asked in the CanJam Impressions thread and it looks like the Tungsten is SE Input only.

Mar 19, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #1,735 of 2,966

Single ended input.

http://www.cavalliaudio.com/products/liquid-glass

Honestly, you won't miss a balanced input on Cavalli's amps, unless the SE out from the DAC is the weak link.

Duh, you're asking about the Tungsten. Apologies.

Edit: I asked in the CanJam Impressions thread and it looks like the Tungsten is SE Input only.

All tube, output transformer-less (OTL) HP amp. Still in prototype form. Cheers

Mar 19, 2016 at 11:35 PM Post #1,736 of 2,966
Can anyone give me the width, length, height measurements of the LC please?  Thanks for the help!

Mar 19, 2016 at 11:42 PM Post #1,737 of 2,966
All tube, output transformer-less (OTL) HP amp. Still in prototype form. Cheers

Yes, I already know about the Tungsten. I was trying to be helpful in finding out the Inputs question, which are SE, which I'm cool with. I just had a brain fart and quoted about the Liquid Au.

:beerchug:

Mar 19, 2016 at 11:54 PM Post #1,738 of 2,966
Can anyone give me the width, length, height measurements of the LC please?  Thanks for the help!

3 Blu Ray movie cases stacked.

or

Approximately 5"W x 7"L x 1 3/4" Deep/Tall.

Mar 20, 2016 at 12:03 AM Post #1,739 of 2,966
Yes, I already know about the Tungsten. I was trying to be helpful in finding out the Inputs question, which are SE, which I'm cool with. I just had a brain fart and quoted about the Liquid Au.

:beerchug:

No worries. Have heard great things about the Tungsten from all my friends that have demoed it so far at CanJam SoCal. Cheers

Mar 20, 2016 at 12:06 AM Post #1,740 of 2,966
No worries. Have heard great things about the Tungsten from all my friends that have demoed it so far at CanJam SoCal. Cheers

Reading up on it now, but does OTL mean no balanced input typically?

Edit: I didn't realize there were that many approaches to OTL designs. To answer my own question it all depends on the design approach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back