Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon Owners Impressions
Mar 3, 2016 at 6:53 PM Post #1,607 of 2,966
I bought the Emotiva DAC to partner with the LC.

As with others I though that balanced all the way must be better. But, as Alex has been at pains to point out at various times in this thread it really makes no difference whatsoever at the input - nada - nothing.

I've tried both connections and listened very very very carefully ... there is no discernable difference. 

Now, I may have cloth ears, but many other LC owners have reported the same thing so I do believe it to be true.

I'm happy with my Emotiva, but if I was choosing all over again, I'd go for the Mojo.

Mar 3, 2016 at 6:56 PM Post #1,608 of 2,966
LC question - I am using balanced out to IEM via RSA connector. At zero position of the volume pot, I still hear audio. It's faint, but clearly noticeable. No issue with full size headphones via XLR balanced. Is this normal?

Mar 3, 2016 at 6:56 PM Post #1,609 of 2,966
Hey guys, I sent an email to cavalli via the website regarding my hum issue after I tried all the suggestions to mitigate and its still there :frowning2:

But still no reply after a few days still no reply, any other ideas how to reach them?

Mar 3, 2016 at 7:59 PM Post #1,610 of 2,966
Hey guys, I sent an email to cavalli via the website regarding my hum issue after I tried all the suggestions to mitigate and its still there
frown.gif

But still no reply after a few days still no reply, any other ideas how to reach them?

You can email Alex directly at alex@cavalliaudio.com.

EDIT - BTW, I'm close to pulling the trigger on a Mojo myself.  Many folks whose ears I trust are saying it's the real deal.  I'm looking forward to checking it out at Canjam in a couple weeks.  It should make a nice complement to my LC (DAC-19 is on my Liquid Crimson now).

Mar 3, 2016 at 8:14 PM Post #1,611 of 2,966
Hey guys, I sent an email to cavalli via the website regarding my hum issue after I tried all the suggestions to mitigate and its still there :frowning2:

I am looking forward to what the response is from Cavalli Audio as well. Please do report when you get a reply as I have the same issue.

Mar 3, 2016 at 8:56 PM Post #1,612 of 2,966
Y
LC question - I am using balanced out to IEM via RSA connector. At zero position of the volume pot, I still hear audio. It's faint, but clearly noticeable. No issue with full size headphones via XLR balanced. Is this normal?

Yes. I hear it SE with my ciems. Also balanced with my Oppo PM-1's. I haven't tried with my Ether C yet.

Mar 3, 2016 at 11:08 PM Post #1,613 of 2,966
You can email Alex directly at alex@cavalliaudio.com.

EDIT - BTW, I'm close to pulling the trigger on a Mojo myself.  Many folks whose ears I trust are saying it's the real deal.  I'm looking forward to checking it out at Canjam in a couple weeks.  It should make a nice complement to my LC (DAC-19 is on my Liquid Crimson now).

You should be happy with it. I know I am.

:beerchug:

Mar 3, 2016 at 11:48 PM Post #1,614 of 2,966
Y
Yes. I hear it SE with my ciems. Also balanced with my Oppo PM-1's. I haven't tried with my Ether C yet.

Thanks! I thought I remember reading something on that. Of course the lifetime warranty helps too.

Mar 3, 2016 at 11:57 PM Post #1,615 of 2,966
You should be happy with it. I know I am.

beerchug.gif

Yep, you're one of those trusted ears.  You, @AxelCloris, @Hansotek, @jude, and others I can't recall off the top of my head all rave about it.  And like I said, my Carbon needs a DAC.  As this won't be my primary setup, size and price come into play and the Mojo seems to fit the bill nicely.  And looking to the future, it seems like it'd be an ideal pairing with the Liquid Spark as well.  
wink.gif

Mar 4, 2016 at 5:17 AM Post #1,616 of 2,966

Yep, you're one of those trusted ears.  You, @AxelCloris, @Hansotek, @jude, and others I can't recall off the top of my head all rave about it.  And like I said, my Carbon needs a DAC.  As this won't be my primary setup, size and price come into play and the Mojo seems to fit the bill nicely.  And looking to the future, it seems like it'd be an ideal pairing with the Liquid Spark as well.  
wink.gif

If CanJam is anything like the last headphone show I attended, you'll have no problem hearing the Mojo. The vast majority of high-end exhibitors were driving their products from Mojo or Hugo sources. That alone says a lot about its abilities.

Good point on future pairing with the Spark too. I know a lot of folk would like Cavalli to produce a DAC. Personally I'd like them to stay focused on their real strengths in the amplifier field, and leave the DACs to Chord.

Mar 4, 2016 at 10:16 AM Post #1,617 of 2,966
I can highly recommend that Mojo!

If CanJam is anything like the last headphone show I attended, you'll have no problem hearing the Mojo. The vast majority of high-end exhibitors were driving their products from Mojo or Hugo sources. That alone says a lot about its abilities.

Good point on future pairing with the Spark too. I know a lot of folk would like Cavalli to produce a DAC. Personally I'd like them to stay focused on their real strengths in the amplifier field, and leave the DACs to Chord.

Has anyone compared to the Mojo to the iFi Micro?  I currently have the Micro.  Seems like the Mojo is more popular, but since I already have the Micro, seems like the Mojo would be a sidegrade and not worth selling the Micro to get the Mojo.

Mar 4, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #1,618 of 2,966

Has anyone compared to the Mojo to the iFi Micro?  I currently have the Micro.  Seems like the Mojo is more popular, but since I already have the Micro, seems like the Mojo would be a sidegrade and not worth selling the Micro to get the Mojo.

I can't compare to the Micro, but I'd be willing to bet somebody has in the Mojo thread. FWIW, I enjoy it far more than the similarly-priced Bifrost Multibit. I've used the Mojo extensively with the Carbon, Crimson and Gold, and it is just fantastic with all three of them. 

Mar 4, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #1,619 of 2,966

I haven't heard either, but I've read plenty about both.  If I was considering buying one of the two, I'd get the Mojo easily.  If I already had the ifi, I don't know that the improvement would be worth the money/effort.  I'd take Dave's advice and check the Mojo thread for more info.

Unrelated:  I just moved to a new city and I've been without any of my desktop gear for a week now.  Really wishing I had something like the Mojo right now.  The Crimson sitting in a box over there is just taunting me!!!  I should probably get off Head-fi and unpack some more...

Mar 4, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #1,620 of 2,966

I can't compare to the Micro, but I'd be willing to bet somebody has in the Mojo thread. FWIW, I enjoy it far more than the similarly-priced Bifrost Multibit. I've used the Mojo extensively with the Carbon, Crimson and Gold, and it is just fantastic with all three of them. 

I just came to that same conclusion...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back