Cavalli Audio - New Headfi Sponsor
Jun 9, 2012 at 9:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

runeight

Member of the Trade: Cavalli Audio
Folks, I am very pleased to be a new headfi sponsor as of June 1. There is a lot to talk about, but before I say anything further...

I want to thank each and every person who has bought a Liquid Fire and, now, a Liquid Lightning amp. I am grateful for your support and, especially for your stepping out on the ledge, so to speak, and buying these brand new amps. It is your support that has made becoming a headfi sponsor possible. Thank you.

This thread will probably be a general CA discussion thread. I understand that I, as a sponsor, can create one new thread per week. I will certainly do this, starting with a LF thread, then a LL thread, then...

Yes, there will be a new amp coming out in the Fall. I'll have more to say about this soon.

I am still getting the hang of sponsorship and all that I can do, but please feel free to comment or ask questions on this thread as thing get rolling.

Alex

Jun 9, 2012 at 10:34 PM Post #3 of 36
Welcome Alex. Looking forward to the new amp announcement!

Jun 10, 2012 at 3:43 AM Post #5 of 36
Thanks Alex for your support of head-fi. As one of the early LL recipients, I have to say your communication during the build phase was second to none and made the waiting time actually an enjoyable process; watching the youngling hatch so to speak.

Jun 10, 2012 at 9:22 AM Post #6 of 36
Congrats Alex!  It's been a great experience watching the company grow since the inception of the Liquid Fire and the introduction of the Liquid Lightning at CanJam 2011.

My one and only question about this new amp coming out in the fall: Will it be electrostatic or dynamic?

Jun 10, 2012 at 12:43 PM Post #9 of 36
Quote:
Congrats Alex!  It's been a great experience watching the company grow since the inception of the Liquid Fire and the introduction of the Liquid Lightning at CanJam 2011.

My one and only question about this new amp coming out in the fall: Will it be electrostatic or dynamic?

Thanks. I really do appreciate everyone who has helped to nuture this venture.

There are many projects in the works, but the next product will be a dynamic amp. It is designed to be at the opposite end of the spectrum from the LF. While you can tube roll in the LF, it is not designed to facilitate that. This new amp, called Liquid Glass, is designed for maximum tube rolling. It will let you roll 6SN7s and many other octals with the same basing arrangement. It will also allow you to roll 12AU7s or 6922s and many other noval tubes with the same basing arrangement. It will have a 6.3V/12.6V selector.

This amp is purposely designed to give you the sound of the tube without any additional refinements. It is a distant cousin of the Stacker amp. I think there are about 3 stackers in existence, but they have had various problems. The Liquid Glass (already prototyped and tested) has brand new circuitry. BTW, if anyone posts an old schematic of the stacker, it will not be the LG circuit unless they have hacked my computer or emails. 
smile.gif

The amp will have other features that I'll be able to talk about as the first pre-production unit takes shape over the summer. Expected release is mid-October to mid-November.

Also, as all of you know the LL has started shipping. I will have photos (out and in) of it next week. Hopefully some of the new owners can start to post their opinions soon. In fact, there is already one that was sent by private email. I hope that this gentleman will have time to post here or the new LL thread that will be started in the next couple of weeks.

Jun 10, 2012 at 7:38 PM Post #10 of 36
Quote:

Thanks. I really do appreciate everyone who has helped to nuture this venture.

There are many projects in the works, but the next product will be a dynamic amp. It is designed to be at the opposite end of the spectrum from the LF. While you can tube roll in the LF, it is not designed to facilitate that. This new amp, called Liquid Glass, is designed for maximum tube rolling. It will let you roll 6SN7s and many other octals with the same basing arrangement. It will also allow you to roll 12AU7s or 6922s and many other noval tubes with the same basing arrangement. It will have a 6.3V/12.6V selector.

This amp is purposely designed to give you the sound of the tube without any additional refinements. It is a distant cousin of the Stacker amp. I think there are about 3 stackers in existence, but they have had various problems. The Liquid Glass (already prototyped and tested) has brand new circuitry. BTW, if anyone posts an old schematic of the stacker, it will not be the LG circuit unless they have hacked my computer or emails. 
smile.gif

The amp will have other features that I'll be able to talk about as the first pre-production unit takes shape over the summer. Expected release is mid-October to mid-November.

Also, as all of you know the LL has started shipping. I will have photos (out and in) of it next week. Hopefully some of the new owners can start to post their opinions soon. In fact, there is already one that was sent by private email. I hope that this gentleman will have time to post here or the new LL thread that will be started in the next couple of weeks.

Very cool.

Having owned and loved the Agent Orange Stacker myself (now owned by Curra), I look forward to this amp! (I miss that little orange fellow)

Congrats on becoming a new head-fi sponsor!

Jun 10, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #11 of 36
Quote:

Very cool.

Having owned and loved the Agent Orange Stacker myself (now owned by Curra), I look forward to this amp! (I miss that little orange fellow)

Congrats on becoming a new head-fi sponsor!

Aha, one of the Orange Stacker owners. That amp seems to have traveled around some. One of the few living Stackers. The LG is better and more stable in every respect, but I believe that the sound dynamics are the same or better.

Jun 11, 2012 at 10:56 AM Post #12 of 36
Thanks for everything Alex!  #4 Liquid Fire reporting in..............and it is stupendous!!

Jun 11, 2012 at 3:20 PM Post #13 of 36
So... inquiring minds want to know, this being the "Sponsor Announcements and Deals" thread and all... where's the beef deal?

Any trifecta discounts for those of us who had the LF and the LL towards the LG? And I don't mean the company formerly known as Lucky GoldStar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back