Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire
Apr 10, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #2,176 of 2,306
Quote:
Dang, $6450 for the Liquid Gold? Why would someone pay that much when the HeadAmp GS-X MK2 is less than half the price, has almost every feature to match (with the notable exception of the lack of phase inverters), has better build quality, and also has enough power output to effectively drive most hard-to-drive headphones? (i.e., is the 9W @ 50 Ohms of the Liquid Gold really necessary for any headphones out there?)

Considering that production Liquid Gold units aren't even out yet, how in the world can you back up the build quality statement and still lay claim to one shard of credibility?

Apr 10, 2013 at 5:28 PM Post #2,179 of 2,306
Quote:
so you are intimately familiar with the new lineup = have you even seen the quality of these amps ? 

no I didn't think so, this is just the type of picture bashing one might have anticipated. 

Quote:
Considering that production Liquid Gold units aren't even out yet, how in the world can you back up the build quality statement and still lay claim to one shard of credibility?

My reference to build quality was more of an observation that the Liquid Gold looks like it has a regular brushed-aluminum chassis, while the GS-X MK2 has a powder-coated chassis and a polished-aluminum, laser-engraved front panel with polished volume knob. Does that not constitute better build quality?

Apr 10, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #2,180 of 2,306
The etching and finish on the LAu's front panel is actually quite impressive. Major step up from previous amps. The knobs are also done completely custom and from what it looks like they aren't painted anymore like previous amps either.

Quote:

My reference to build quality was more of an observation that the Liquid Gold looks like it has a regular brushed-aluminum chassis, while the GS-X MK2 has a powder-coated chassis and a polished-aluminum, laser-engraved front panel with polished volume knob. Does that not constitute better build quality?

Apr 10, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #2,181 of 2,306
Quote:

Again, since no production Liquid Gold amps have been shipped yet, and hence no direct observation and comparison can be done, you're just spreading misinformation at this point. Either of them could be better built than the other, and that's not the point I'm trying to make - what I am however trying to get across is that you lack any factual basis upon which to issue said statement.

Like others have said prior to me, the current generation of Cavalli amps are a marked departure from the debut crop in terms of materials, fit and finish. I've personally only touched the LG, and it's miles ahead of the LF and LL mk I which I owned.

Apr 10, 2013 at 6:55 PM Post #2,182 of 2,306
Quote:
<...>  
Like others have said prior to me, the current generation of Cavalli amps are a marked departure from the debut crop ... and it's miles ahead of the LF and LL mk I which I owned.

Thank goodness that I have never seen in person any other Cavalli amp produced after my LF (No. 15). :wink:

I still own it too and I am still loving it.

Apr 10, 2013 at 7:38 PM Post #2,183 of 2,306
Quote:
Again, since no production Liquid Gold amps have been shipped yet, and hence no direct observation and comparison can be done, you're just spreading misinformation at this point. Either of them could be better built than the other, and that's not the point I'm trying to make - what I am however trying to get across is that you lack any factual basis upon which to issue said statement.

Like others have said prior to me, the current generation of Cavalli amps are a marked departure from the debut crop in terms of materials, fit and finish. I've personally only touched the LG, and it's miles ahead of the LF and LL mk I which I owned.

Point taken and I retract my observation of the Liquid Gold's build quality, especially given the post above by MorbidToaster, who has had direct experience with it.

Apr 17, 2013 at 4:59 AM Post #2,185 of 2,306
Quote:
Hoping to have some sound impression soon enough as well. Stay tuned.

popcorn.gif

But at $6K plus..   I'll pass..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back