Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire
Feb 13, 2013 at 11:03 AM Post #2,147 of 2,306
I can almost  guaranty that anyone who has heard the LAu has little to no experience with the DS , let alone heard them within a reasonable time frame to one another. I didn't particularly like the edgy character of the DS at the 2 meets I have heard it , it sounds like a "high feedback" amp to me; limited detail ( microdynamics ), narrow soundstage and "edgy". The LAu is nothing of the sort but these sort of subjective opinions will only be more widely available after its official release and some exposure. 

The next revision of the LF however ......... I am looking forward to hear this one! It is promising to be a real killer amplifier , Alex's hiatus has perhaps been beneficial to this design as he has completely revamped the design, one might even consider it a different amp 

..dB

Feb 14, 2013 at 8:25 AM Post #2,153 of 2,306
Quote:
I can almost  guaranty that anyone who has heard the LAu has little to no experience with the DS , let alone heard them within a reasonable time frame to one another. I didn't particularly like the edgy character of the DS at the 2 meets I have heard it , it sounds like a "high feedback" amp to me; limited detail ( microdynamics ), narrow soundstage and "edgy". The LAu is nothing of the sort but these sort of subjective opinions will only be more widely available after its official release and some exposure. 

The next revision of the LF however ......... I am looking forward to hear this one! It is promising to be a real killer amplifier , Alex's hiatus has perhaps been beneficial to this design as he has completely revamped the design, one might even consider it a different amp 

..dB

Thank you, very helpful.

Feb 15, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #2,154 of 2,306
Quote:
....... I didn't particularly like the edgy character of the DS at the 2 meets I have heard it , it sounds like a "high feedback" amp to me; limited detail ( microdynamics ), narrow soundstage and "edgy".......

I have not found this to be true in my case. I am using an Invicta DAC with VeraStarr Grand Illusion interconnects into a RS Dark Star and it is audio bliss. Pin sharp instrument/voice location in a broadened soundstage, detail and micro dynamics far superior to the other amps I compared the DS to. Detail level is quite remarkable and no 'edgyness' at all. YMMV of course, but my experience with the DS is that it is exemplary in my system driving LCD2s and LCD3s.

Feb 19, 2013 at 8:48 AM Post #2,155 of 2,306
Quote:
I have not found this to be true in my case. I am using an Invicta DAC with VeraStarr Grand Illusion interconnects into a RS Dark Star and it is audio bliss. Pin sharp instrument/voice location in a broadened soundstage, detail and micro dynamics far superior to the other amps I compared the DS to. Detail level is quite remarkable and no 'edgyness' at all. YMMV of course, but my experience with the DS is that it is exemplary in my system driving LCD2s and LCD3s.

Thanks for the input.

Feb 21, 2013 at 1:47 PM Post #2,156 of 2,306
I just got a LF, but haven't opened it yet.  Just wondering - is it ok to unplug and plug the source input while the amp is running?  I would never do it on a speaker preamp, but I'm not familiar enough with head gear.

Apr 8, 2013 at 9:54 AM Post #2,160 of 2,306
Cleaned out the dust today.  Boring post for sure.  Slid off the cover and blew out the dust and used micro-fiber cloth to get the rest.  Not exactly like the inside of a desktop computer w/huge dust but worth doing.  Anyone here get to A/B the LF with the LG?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back