Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire
Apr 8, 2013 at 10:00 AM Post #2,161 of 2,306
Did you find dust spots from the ventilation holes? Was this the first time that you gave it a thorough internal dusting?

Apr 8, 2013 at 11:14 AM Post #2,162 of 2,306
Quote:
Cleaned out the dust today.  Boring post for sure.  Slid off the cover and blew out the dust and used micro-fiber cloth to get the rest.  Not exactly like the inside of a desktop computer w/huge dust but worth doing.  Anyone here get to A/B the LF with the LG?

Okay, shouldn't this be posted in the "Dust Build-Up" thread???  Could a moderator move this?

. . .

jk
biggrin.gif

Apr 8, 2013 at 12:38 PM Post #2,163 of 2,306
Quote:
Did you find dust spots from the ventilation holes? Was this the first time that you gave it a thorough internal dusting?

Yes there were dust spots along the top supporting rails.  The perspex windows were a bit dusty as well.  I'd given it a cursory cleaning a while back but this was the first thorough one.  How's all with you Clayton?

Apr 8, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #2,165 of 2,306
Quote:
Yes there were dust spots along the top supporting rails.  The perspex windows were a bit dusty as well.  I'd given it a cursory cleaning a while back but this was the first thorough one.  How's all with you Clayton?

I'm doing great! I am still listening to the stock tubes. Each tube has two dampers on it. Which tubes are you using in your LF?

Apr 9, 2013 at 10:23 PM Post #2,168 of 2,306
Well, so the Liquid Gold's appearance at the NYC audio show in The Cable Company's tables with JPS Labs new Abyss headphones was a few hours ahead of me. :)

LAu is open for orders and there is information at:

http://www.cavalliaudio.com/index.php?p=product_details&pId=9

More information to come.

Many thanks to CableCo and JPS Labs for letting the LAu be at their show.

Apr 10, 2013 at 2:18 AM Post #2,169 of 2,306
I realise this is a differential design and parts counts is high, but that’s a lot of coin to say the least, is there an RK50 under the hood or some exotic parts pushing the price up?

Apr 10, 2013 at 3:07 AM Post #2,170 of 2,306
Dang, $6450 for the Liquid Gold? Why would someone pay that much when the HeadAmp GS-X MK2 is less than half the price, has almost every feature to match (with the notable exception of the lack of phase inverters), has better build quality, and also has enough power output to effectively drive most hard-to-drive headphones? (i.e., is the 9W @ 50 Ohms of the Liquid Gold really necessary for any headphones out there?)

Plus IMO, anyone who buys a balanced amp with internal phase inverters is just shooting himself in the foot and subtracting from the sound quality. I've said it before and will say it again: the proper way to go balanced is with a dual-differential/balanced source component!

Apr 10, 2013 at 3:18 AM Post #2,171 of 2,306
I mean, some people think the HE-6 only sounds good with 100wpc+

rolleyes.gif

Quote:
Dang, $6450 for the Liquid Gold? Why would someone pay that much when the HeadAmp GS-X MK2 is less than half the price, has almost every feature to match (with the notable exception of the lack of phase inverters), has better build quality, and also has enough power output to effectively drive most hard-to-drive headphones? (i.e., is the 9W @ 50 Ohms of the Liquid Gold really necessary for any headphones out there?)

Plus IMO, anyone who buys a balanced amp with internal phase inverters is just shooting himself in the foot and subtracting from the sound quality. I've said it before and will say it again: the proper way to go balanced is with a dual-differential/balanced source component!

Apr 10, 2013 at 11:32 AM Post #2,172 of 2,306
Quote:

Not sure if there is a misunderstanding here, but if you are saying what I think you are I actually agree. The LAu is a dual differential amplifier, one amp per channel. It has two fully differential inputs and one SE input. The SE does indeed have a splitter internally to create a differential signal. The balanced inputs, obviously, go directly into the amps.

Apr 10, 2013 at 12:09 PM Post #2,174 of 2,306
After finally seeing a BHSE in person the build quality is indeed impressive, but the new line of Cavalli amps is just as well built. Thicker panels all around, better finishes, the whole nine yards.

Build quality should not be a deciding factor between HeadAmp and Cavalli amps anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back