Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire
Dec 5, 2011 at 10:56 PM Post #587 of 2,306
Me neither, not anymore, anyway, but I still like to tease Alex about them at every opportunity I get. All in good spirit. It's a great amp. I am, however going to get a Stax 009 in a couple of weeks, so I'm curious to see how it will compare to the LF/LCD-3 combo. I'm thinking of BHSE as the amp for the Stax.

Quote:
The LEDs don't bother me in the least, they are on the right of me in my office. Burn-in continues using the STS burn in disc. Looking forward to the lunch time session.

Dec 5, 2011 at 11:23 PM Post #588 of 2,306
So far, only with the Stax amp for my 009, the LCD3 still can't compare to the 009 in terms of transparency and details even with my Leben or LF. But the LCD3 does excel in dynamics and bass and its naturalness brought about by the Liquid Fire. Both are top notch I'd say, but going in different directions.

Dec 5, 2011 at 11:27 PM Post #589 of 2,306
The next amp I offer will have no LEDs and no other indication. The user will have to use ESP to determine if the amp is on or off.
tongue.gif

Dec 5, 2011 at 11:55 PM Post #590 of 2,306
LEDs or no--I love music and the LF transports me where I want to be: right smack dab in the middle of the music I love. I am at once involved and entranced. Thank you, Dr. Alex Cavalli.

Dec 6, 2011 at 12:37 AM Post #591 of 2,306
Listening to "Jazz them Up" from Bianca Wu on LCD3... Very engaging and the dynamics is great. Much improved soundstage. The tonality with the Telefunkens sound just right. I think I will eventually get some Siemens CCa's just to get some perspective on how good the Telefunkens are with the LF, but that will have to wait until the TFKs are fully burnt in.

Dec 6, 2011 at 12:59 AM Post #592 of 2,306
I read from someone in this thread about using Cerabase as feet for the Liquid Fire. I am not sure that actually works. The Cerabase is for equipment of over 30kg (like my Esoteric K-01). There are some other similar products from Finite Elemente which I think would suit the weight of the Liquid Fire more than the Cerabase - does anyone know the model name? Thanks.

Dec 6, 2011 at 1:05 PM Post #593 of 2,306

Quote:
LEDs or no--I love music and the LF transports me where I want to be: right smack dab in the middle of the music I love. I am at once involved and entranced. Thank you, Dr. Alex Cavalli.

Are you sure the "entranced" feeling is not some kind of hypnosis from the LED's?

I kid I kid.  To be honest, since my amp is at the other end of the room from me, I don't even notice the lights normally.

Listened to the LF and BADA some last night.  I'm trying out some different tweaks on the SB Touch to tide me over until I get the money and motivation to change up my transport.  I think one of the tweaks seems to have worked pretty well.  I think a previous mod had collapsed the sound stage a little and I didn't notice it too much until I factory reset.

Dec 6, 2011 at 2:14 PM Post #594 of 2,306
Really enjoying the detail and dynamics with the  W4S DAC2>LF>ever so ancient LCD-2 R1 combination. I was listening to The Power Of Soul - A Tribute To Jimi Hendrix last night. Found it  interesting how the soundstage widened to seemingly outside the headphones with track number 4, Purple House by Prince as compared to the previous songs. Great track.

Dec 6, 2011 at 2:21 PM Post #595 of 2,306
Really does let you explore the music than the gear doesn't it, the Liquid Fire. It really doesn't call attention to itself, yet surprises you with what you hear every single time.

Ethan, get the music server already.. :) at least before the meet in Jan!!

Dec 6, 2011 at 3:40 PM Post #597 of 2,306

Quote:
Ethan, get the music server already.. :) at least before the meet in Jan!!

Haha...unfortunately unlikely.  Maybe if my Christmas present from my mom is to pay for the plane ticket that I already bought, I may have some money.  Though I should pay the credit card down first.

Dec 6, 2011 at 4:24 PM Post #598 of 2,306
Listening to The Beatles "The Word" 24 bit remaster off Rubber Soul.  The bass is just so enjoyable.  Kind of bouncy.  The LF just knocks this one out of the park!

Dec 6, 2011 at 6:08 PM Post #599 of 2,306

Quote:
Are you sure the "entranced" feeling is not some kind of hypnosis from the LED's?

That's it. I think you've nailed it! Thank goodness I haven't played any recordings that have people snapping their fingers otherwise I would awaken from my entrancement sooner than I'd care.

Dec 6, 2011 at 11:55 PM Post #600 of 2,306

Quote:
The next amp I offer will have no LEDs and no other indication. The user will have to use ESP to determine if the amp is on or off.
tongue.gif

On no, please keep Hal on your upcoming LL amp. Hal and I have become good friends (as long as I don't go outside), and from what Hal tells me he would like a Hally as a companion. So I guess I am going to have to get a Liquid Lighting to go along with my Liquid Fire, don't want to get Hal upset.
angry_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back