Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire
Oct 15, 2011 at 3:28 PM Post #241 of 2,306
The Liquid Fire coming in a few weeks will be it for me. I'm really enjoying the LCD-2 R1s and from what I've heard they'll be a nice match with the LF. The next time there's a meet or audio show in the Toronto area that I can make I'd love to compare the different versions of the LCD-2 and 3. I think I'll be selling my T1s as well as the Lyr shortly to help pay for the LF. 
Kind of scary when the $59 that'll buy a good computer game will barely put a dent in the tax on the audio stuff we're playing with.......but hey, it's still cheaper than Harleys.

Quote:
Not sure. I'm worried already hearing about the LCD-4s being released in a year or so....makes me wonder if Audeze is following the EA Sports business model with a new headphone every year. Except that Madden 2012 only cost me $59.

What about you?

Oct 17, 2011 at 5:02 PM Post #242 of 2,306
It appears a lot of people thought this at RMAF :

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=98219.msg1002474#msg1002474

Can't wait to listen to the LCD-3 on the LF myself.  
beerchug.gif

Oct 17, 2011 at 6:33 PM Post #243 of 2,306
... but hey, it's still cheaper than Harleys.

Been there done that got 3 plus a frame and front end for a 4th.

Now if I could just figure a way to to keep the headphones on my head while doing 80.
eek.gif

I just bought a Liquid fire from ALO, to go with my LCD-2.2

I was using a Burson Audio HA-160 but wanted the tube in the loop.

Headphones do sound great while doing maintenance
dt880smile.png

Oct 17, 2011 at 6:42 PM Post #244 of 2,306
haha awesome..yeah Harleys are way more expensive than my crocth rocket lol

Just got done paying my Yamaha R6 off..got my eyes on either a Triumph bonnie or an Italian crocth rocket next year..
in the mean time..sinking money into some choice tubes for the LIquid Fire.

Congrats by the way :)

Oct 17, 2011 at 6:52 PM Post #245 of 2,306
Before my Harley craze.

I road a 1979 Truimph Bonnieville 750 Special, great ride, but no 1000 miler for sure

That Triumph was far from the easy chair on wheels I slumber across the land with now a days.

Oct 18, 2011 at 11:28 AM Post #246 of 2,306
Quote:
It appears a lot of people thought this at RMAF :

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=98219.msg1002474#msg1002474

Can't wait to listen to the LCD-3 on the LF myself.  
beerchug.gif

The Audez'e table had four amps: RWA Audez'e Edition Isabella, CEntrance DACmini, Eddie Current 2A3, Cavalli LF.  General consensus was the LF/LCD-3 combination was the best of those at the table.  I strongly agree with that assessment.

Oct 18, 2011 at 11:48 AM Post #247 of 2,306
I put 3 Synergistic Research MIGs under my Liquid Fire and it was a night and day difference.
I had HUGE issues with shrill (if not piercing) highs on some recordings with my HD800s. This effect disappeared almost completely after putting the MIGs in (2 open, 1 closed configuration).
I then proceeded to put Finite Elemente Cerabase feet under my FE Spyder rack. You could argue that this helped all components, including the LF, but yet again a notable step up (better focus).

For what it's worth: Since I already had a nice rack, and the LF was on a custom top shelf that sat on FE Spyder Ceraballs, I had not expected any effect from the MIGs.
I couldn't have been more wrong. Apparently the LF is highly sensitive to proper mechanical insulation (just give it a try!)

A few questions:
  1. the case is resonant -- anybody tried damping it to any good effect?
  2. the feet are just standard feet -- recommendations on footers or isolation?
  3. any recommendation on power cord? I'm currently using an Asylum PC, but will also try a Jellyfish when it breaks in a bit

Glad it's here -- I've been waitin...

Oct 18, 2011 at 11:54 PM Post #248 of 2,306
Just a quick note on the Siemens 6922=E88CC=CCa.

imo the main thing to look for is the test results.

If you are looking at the very high end of the Siemens E88CC Early 1960's imo as long as the Quad set you are getting have test results close to the picture I posted it really doesn't matter if they are E88CC or CCa, they are the same if the E88CC's are very strong as shown in the picture.

Here is what to look for when buying the Siemens Halske E88CC/CCa early 60's.
[size=x-small][size=x-small][size=medium]Make sure you are buying Real Siemens Halske E88CC / 6922 tubes - They have the double-stage getter frame-grid construction, Gray separator or Gray Electro-static shield, 4 seams on top and numbers in the glass between the pins and the Siemens Halske ‡ codes in the glass[/size][/size][/size].

These are actual test scores from one of my Quad set tubes. The other three have about the same test scores and they all have the same date code.

Also at half the price of the above tube the Siemens E88CC/6922 1974 are a very nice tube also, look for test results for the IP meas; 26.

Oct 20, 2011 at 7:12 PM Post #250 of 2,306
right about 150-170 hours and it hits the spot .

all liquid fires are burned in for 50 hours i believe on the bench by Dr. Cavalli.

Around another 100 hours and it'll break in nicely.

Oct 20, 2011 at 7:31 PM Post #251 of 2,306
I'm at 5 hours and very happy with the sound of the Dire straits in my ears.

Cambridge Audio 740C to a Anedio Dac-1 to Liquid Fire to Audeze LCD-2.2  Best headphone sounds i have ever heard, and it is far from completing burn in.

Oct 20, 2011 at 7:40 PM Post #252 of 2,306
I have one of these on order from an authorized dealer, but not direct from Cavalli Audio.

Seeing that #36 is reported above has having been delivered, am I correct that the first batch shipped (starting in July) was numbered #1 - #30 and that the second batch stated at one point on the Cavalli website as scheduled to ship in October, starts with #31 and that this 2nd batch has in fact started shipping?

Thanks in advance for an answer from anyone in the know.

Oct 20, 2011 at 7:52 PM Post #253 of 2,306
I don't know if this a second order for October or something different.

But after speaking to the people at Cavalli Audio, they informed me they had shipped a few LF out to ALO audio, right before Canjam.  

ALO is where I got mine from  ordered Monday received today.

Very happy with both Cavalli and ALO for their very friendly helpful approach to me when I was trying to get one.

I spoke to Dr Cavalli after mine arrived today, and he helped me with initial set up and answered questions about burn in, power cords and future tube rolling.

It is nice to see people like him in audio helping people both before and after the sell.

Oct 20, 2011 at 11:03 PM Post #255 of 2,306
Anybody else using HD800's with a Liquid Fire?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back