Cavalli Audio ... Is Back
Feb 13, 2013 at 10:16 AM Post #47 of 73
Kinda what I was trying to say. We're arguing about an assumption I made, nothing finite. 

I tried to drop it earlier, and I will now. If you want to keep arguing, PM me. 

Quote:
Could we please not drag this thread down?

The price for the LAu hasn't even been officially announced to my knowledge for crying out loud.

Feb 13, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #48 of 73
We're arguing about a conjectured price.  Perhaps it should be curtailed until a formal announcement is released which includes a price.  

If the price is higher than other SS amps on the market, I'm sure Alex will take the time at the time of the announcement to detail some of the work that goes into his product.

I'm sure when the time is right, Alex will start a Liquid Gold thread and clue everyone in on... well, everything about it.

Edit- Ninja'd by MF 

Feb 13, 2013 at 10:27 AM Post #49 of 73
Quote:
Kinda what I was trying to say. We're arguing about an assumption I made, nothing finite. 

I tried to drop it earlier, and I will now. If you want to keep arguing, PM me. 

You Did??  
confused_face_2.gif

Feb 13, 2013 at 10:30 AM Post #50 of 73
We're arguing about quite a few unknowns here though as we don't know what it looks like and we don't know the actual cost (hell we don't even know what it sounds like), but if casework is the main argument right now, I bet it'll look gorgeous after seeing his latest efforts on the LG. The case was much improved from the previous LF and LL.

I was really trying to leave it at that. We don't actually know. Then you insisted that we were arguing about the price point I suggested for any SS amp rather than just the LAu. 

Either way, it's over. Just stop.

Quote:
You Did??  
confused_face_2.gif

Feb 13, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #53 of 73
Glad to hear your health is better Alex. I wish you all the best for your restart.
The great thing about having integrity and maintaining the highest standards possible is that if there is an unforeseen circumstance that halts things that integrity and high standards will always bring customers flooding in when things get going again and I am sure that will be the case for you, one of the most respected people in this business.

Feb 17, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #54 of 73
I built the first LUa proto in April 2010, and it drove my HD800 very well, even SE (in fact, I had APS make me a balanced -> SE adapter it was so good). Can't wait to hear personally what this will sound like with 3 years of additional refinement. Also heard it briefly with the LCD2, and it drove them equally well.

Feb 17, 2013 at 2:02 PM Post #55 of 73
Quote:
I built the first LUa proto in April 2010, and it drove my HD800 very well, even SE (in fact, I had APS make me a balanced -> SE adapter it was so good). Can't wait to hear personally what this will sound like with 3 years of additional refinement. Also heard it briefly with the LCD2, and it drove them equally well.

How about some pictures?  Thnaks!

Feb 17, 2013 at 3:11 PM Post #56 of 73

I actually had this amp at CanJam 2010 in Chicago, so it has been seen in public. Due to my (wholeheartedly supported) NDA, this is all I can (or would) show. Not sure how relevant the very first prototype has to any current product other than to show that development is iterative, and takes time.

Feb 19, 2013 at 12:13 PM Post #59 of 73
Ladies and Gentlemen,

We have refreshed and updated the Cavalli Audio Facebook page in anticipation of the upcoming Spring production run. We will be posting updates, pictures of production, and other interesting bits here, so be sure to like us on Facebook. 

For those of you on Twitter, be sure to check out the Cavalli Audio Twitter page, and follow us there. 

We will be ramping up communication with you via our social networks, and will even be starting a YouTube channel soon! Much more to come - stay tuned.

Thanks much,

Cavalli Audio

Users who are viewing this thread

Back