Cat-Fi
Mar 1, 2011 at 2:32 PM Post #196 of 1,403

Quote:

And this is her sister, Maya.  She's also an Egyptian Mau, but the genetically rarer "Smoke" variety. 

I spent approximately 25 years wanting an Egyptian Mau, so I've been pretty excited to finally get these two.  
wink.gif

I make their food, since they're on a raw food diet. But we alternate with the better canned food for variety.

Surya is beautiful... I particularly like the smoke variety. Growing up we had a cat which was part Egyptian Mau, and part persian. The cat was off her rocker though! Heh.

Mar 6, 2011 at 11:59 AM Post #197 of 1,403

Quote:
Thanks for the input; I always wanted to know more about cat diet, and my suspicions seem confirmed. Time to change my cats' diet, even if I am buying one of best dry food for them. That water issue had been worrying me, since I wasn't under the impression they always drink enough.

Now I understand why a good friend of mine goes to so much trouble to prepare her cats' food, actually taking better care of her cats than herself! But that's another story :p .

Glad to help.  I'm not a prosthletizer, but from what I've read, it can keep cats healthier and save some very expensive and potentially heart-breaking trips to the vet.  I do a balance of canned foot (BFF, best feline friend - high quality tuna, no carbs or vegetables) that is actually quite inexpensive, just to give them some variety and on the off chance that what I've made might be unbalanced in some way. The only problem I ran into is that they love the raw food so much that will eat to excess - it's got so much more nutrition and calories than regular food (esp dry food) that you have to feed them less.  

Regardless, I'm a firm believer in those water fountains rather than just a bowl. You can get one for like $30 that constantly circulates and filters the water, and anecdotal evidence suggest that cats drink a lot more with them, which is good for their system.

Mar 15, 2011 at 3:29 AM Post #201 of 1,403
Love your kitty, Fatcat!

I had a tabby that used to do the same.

Mai Tai typically goes perpendicular to my lap and frequently on her back - angling for a belly rub (which she gets.) :)

Apr 3, 2011 at 1:23 AM Post #206 of 1,403
My cat runs on rockbox, I have an amplifier hooked up to it and I listen to it through my 225i's

My cat's purrs are all in .flac, with each "meow", I feel as if I'm travelling through a beautiful musical soundscape.

Apr 3, 2011 at 2:18 AM Post #207 of 1,403
You might be onto something there, Wash.

A good recording of a purr would make excellent ambient noise. I've heard tracks of rain, ocean waves, etc. played as something relaxing to drift off to sleep to.

A recording of a nice purr would be very comforting to fall asleep to.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back