Casual Tokyo get together.
Jul 30, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #31 of 43
GK, yeah saw that thread. Sorry can't help you. I enlarged & think the closest I could find were just regular Apple earbuds but pink. However the flat cable threw a spanner in the works.

By the way all, there's also a Fujiya DAC show in Aug 25th in Aoyama. It's also a possible meet although less personable. Chance to pick up Fujiya prods at discount though.

Jul 31, 2012 at 7:30 AM Post #32 of 43
GK yeah saw that thread too, sorry I just cant see any IEMs in the picture (maybe Im looking at the wrong places in the photo :)).

I will check my calendar for August free dates to meet up.

Aug 2, 2012 at 9:45 PM Post #33 of 43
Hi guys, I've just received my Leckerton UHA6S MKII and I think some of you need to try it. I'm especially thinking about Shigzeo and Arnaud, I'm sure you'll be both interested.

Aug 10, 2012 at 5:51 AM Post #34 of 43
Hi all,

Thank you very much to ExpatInJapan for hosting today's meet in his home. We're eternally grateful and hope we didn't create too much of a mess. It was a nice warm and cosy gathering and everyone didn't waste any time jumping straight into checking out each other's gear.

The full range of pix can be found here :-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/anakchan/?uploaded=39&magic_cookie=c62d94f5f1892b0404e20526b3f7328d

But the main highlights are :-

L-R: shigzeo, ExpatinJapan, skoog5600, FrenchBat

Arnaud & his daughter

FrenchBat & AnakChan

Let's get straight into the gear!!

Colorfly C4 & Unique Melody Merlins, and behind iBasso DX100 & FitEar TO GO! 334

& I need FrenchBat to remind me what this is again ACS T1 Live with a Teclast T51

Colorfly C4 with the Fostex TH900

Amps (where do I start!!?)

Now with DAPs too!!

Choose your fav amp :-

Shigzeo's choice(s)

iPhone+CLAS transport+Colorfly C4 DAC+ALO Rx Mk3+

What the table really looked like without some headphones (but with loads of IEMs)

Headphones for all ages!!

And finally everyone at the meet. From L-R

shigzeo the Prankster

AnakChan

GKanai

skoog5600

FrenchBat

ExpatinJapan the Host
"The Daughter"
Arnaud the dad

I see there was a colorfly C4 drive the TH900, how's its sound? :)

Aug 10, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #35 of 43
Quote:
I see there was a colorfly C4 drive the TH900, how's its sound?
smily_headphones1.gif

In a word. Nice. But that is if I could get the C4 playing my files in the first place! I was politely holding in my frustration but I think Shigzeo saw right through me :wink:. I have to admit though, I've not found many amps that don't play well with the TH900. Even the little Ortofon Hd-Q7 works well with the TH900.

Aug 10, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #36 of 43
In a word. Nice. But that is if I could get the C4 playing my files in the first place! I was politely holding in my frustration but I think Shigzeo saw right through me :wink:. I have to admit though, I've not found many amps that don't play well with the TH900. Even the little Ortofon Hd-Q7 works well with the TH900.

Thanks for the kind review! :)

Aug 13, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #38 of 43
Quote:
Hi guys, I'm coming to Tokyo on September and was wondering if any head-fiers would be up to meet? :)

Alterstar - We are in the midst of planning something an informal head fi'er gathering, but it seems to have lost momentum. So your post will revise this talk of meeting.

It seems for the most part August is out ... or half over so hopefully the Fi'ers will be up for meeting in September.

Anyone?!!!

Aug 15, 2012 at 5:23 PM Post #40 of 43
Quote:
In Sept. my preference would be for either 9/22-23 or 9/29-30 as I don't think I can do the other weekends.

I am open those weekends as well.

Aug 16, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #41 of 43
Quote:
Alterstar - We are in the midst of planning something an informal head fi'er gathering, but it seems to have lost momentum. So your post will revise this talk of meeting.

It seems for the most part August is out ... or half over so hopefully the Fi'ers will be up for meeting in September.

Anyone?!!!

I'm not sure when on September I will be arriving yet. Probably after the 11th. I'll update you guys! I hope I can find work there and permanently reside in Tokyo as well. Will be trying my luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back