Cascade Headphone by Campfire Audio
Mar 29, 2019 at 2:06 PM Post #1,576 of 2,728
Life doesn't get much better than this nice Friday afternoon in the sun relaxing.

It’s beautiful, where are you in the UK?

Mar 29, 2019 at 2:12 PM Post #1,578 of 2,728
Absolutely gorgeous, and approximately where the Phillips part of my Family Tree’s originated, enjoy the sunny day!!!

Mar 30, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #1,580 of 2,728
Hey!

Are any of you Cascade owners in the Seattle area? I've got an Andromeda-S that I love, but hardly use, because: Atlas. Was originally thinking of selling them to get a cable and DAP and stuff. Now, I'm thinking that selling them and buying Cascade may be a better option.

I'd love to get to hear them before I commit to parting with Andro-S, if anyone is nearby, willing, and able.

Thanks!!!
HoS

Apr 3, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #1,581 of 2,728
Finally joined the Campfire Cascade club, so far, really like what I hear, different than the other headphones that I own. I'm generally not in the break-them-in club, but I will give my ears time to break in and post back my (subjective) thoughts. Sidenote, I also bought the cloth pads, 39 bucks is a huge plus compared to the cost of Focal's pads. One thing to note, @KB and team know how to make one helluva well built sexy headphone, pictures don't do Cascade's justice, well-done Campfire!

Apr 3, 2019 at 4:51 PM Post #1,582 of 2,728
Finally joined the Campfire Cascade club, so far, really like what I hear, different than the other headphones that I own. I'm generally not in the break-them-in club, but I will give my ears time to break in and post back my (subjective) thoughts. Sidenote, I also bought the cloth pads, 39 bucks is a huge plus compared to the cost of Focal's pads. One thing to note, @KB and team know how to make one helluva well built sexy headphone, pictures don't do Cascade's justice, well-done Campfire!

Awesome! I think we did not do enough to emphasize this, the major parts of the Cascade, (so the cups and hangar arm) are all full CNC from billet aircraft aluminum, we think this is apparent really when you have them in person. Bad news is we are almost sold out again and are in another production run but we will be out of of stock for a short time. Sorry for the miscalculation on how fast we would run out.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Apr 3, 2019 at 5:04 PM Post #1,583 of 2,728
Just doing some work around the house, listening to the Cascades and an old iPod. The bass was a bit “bloomy” with the underpowered source, so I switched to the larger pads and it proved to be the perfect combination.

Apr 3, 2019 at 9:30 PM Post #1,584 of 2,728
Awesome! I think we did not do enough to emphasize this, the major parts of the Cascade, (so the cups and hangar arm) are all full CNC from billet aircraft aluminum, we think this is apparent really when you have them in person. Bad news is we are almost sold out again and are in another production run but we will be out of of stock for a short time. Sorry for the miscalculation on how fast we would run out.

Ken
Seems like I ordered just in time! Phew!

Really can't wait for them to arrive on Friday.

Apr 4, 2019 at 1:21 AM Post #1,585 of 2,728
Just doing some work around the house, listening to the Cascades and an old iPod. The bass was a bit “bloomy” with the underpowered source, so I switched to the larger pads and it proved to be the perfect combination.
I ordered a pair of the XL Pads to have just in case they go on backorder and was impressed with how the Cloth Pads added more flavor to the sound. For now, I'm enjoying the bloom from the stock pads the most and they fit my small ears (blessing and curse for IEMs) with a little extra room too spare. Thanks for sharing wildcat, looking forward to testing all 3 pads and seeing how the XL's pan out. One thing I notice, the Cascades really seem to scale with gear, testing different setups really impressed hearing the Cascades take advantage of higher-end gear and also tried my Norne HD800s balance cable and it took it up another notch with extra headroom/power.

Apr 4, 2019 at 2:56 AM Post #1,586 of 2,728
I ordered a pair of the XL Pads to have just in case they go on backorder and was impressed with how the Cloth Pads added more flavor to the sound. For now, I'm enjoying the bloom from the stock pads the most and they fit my small ears (blessing and curse for IEMs) with a little extra room too spare. Thanks for sharing wildcat, looking forward to testing all 3 pads and seeing how the XL's pan out. One thing I notice, the Cascades really seem to scale with gear, testing different setups really impressed hearing the Cascades take advantage of higher-end gear and also tried my Norne HD800s balance cable and it took it up another notch with extra headroom/power.

I’m a big fan of Norne Cables, which one are you using?

Apr 4, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #1,587 of 2,728
Apr 4, 2019 at 12:57 PM Post #1,589 of 2,728
I’m a big fan of Norne Cables, which one are you using?
Black on Black Draug 3
I'm considering picking up the ALOaudio – SXC 8 for Cascade with 2.5mm (I have a 2.5mm to XLR connector) for flexibility or I might spring for the 4.4mm if I can find a quality 4.4mm > 4pin XLR connector. I had a few ALOAudio cables back in the day that I loved for high-quality parts and cable flexibility. Here's another Norne cable I recently picked up for my Focal Clear Pro.

Apr 4, 2019 at 7:39 PM Post #1,590 of 2,728
Black on Black Draug 3
I'm considering picking up the ALOaudio – SXC 8 for Cascade with 2.5mm (I have a 2.5mm to XLR connector) for flexibility or I might spring for the 4.4mm if I can find a quality 4.4mm > 4pin XLR connector. I had a few ALOAudio cables back in the day that I loved for high-quality parts and cable flexibility. Here's another Norne cable I recently picked up for my Focal Clear Pro.

I’m thinking of getting an S3 for my ZMF Headphones, I had the Draug 2 when I had the hd800, loved it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back