Cascade Headphone by Campfire Audio
Jan 5, 2021 at 12:30 PM Post #2,086 of 2,728
Try the Cascades with the little Fiio BTR5, I was surprised of the synergy! Punchy bass and clear mids all the way. :beyersmile:

pic.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2021 at 12:34 PM Post #2,088 of 2,728
This is probably the headphone I wanna try the most but the price is really high. Ig I can dream...

I'm not railing on CA about this.

They may be pricey...but the bigger potential headache for me personally (because of my circumstances - I am in a somewhat remote area) is that if I don't like them and request a refund, I need to make the time to go to FedEx/UPS/DHL/etc. I also wouldn't be able to get customs and duties refunded.

On the flip side, I guess I could just consider it as selling them to someone else for USD799 minus courier shipping and customs.

Jan 7, 2021 at 12:55 PM Post #2,089 of 2,728
I'm not railing on CA about this.

They may be pricey...but the bigger potential headache for me personally (because of my circumstances - I am in a somewhat remote area) is that if I don't like them and request a refund, I need to make the time to go to FedEx/UPS/DHL/etc. I also wouldn't be able to get customs and duties refunded.

On the flip side, I guess I could just consider it as selling them to someone else for USD799 minus courier shipping and customs.

Here in Canada they go for $999.00, plus tax (15% in my province). Of course no one is going to pay tax on used items. When they go on sale on CAM (Canuck Audio Mart), they are listed at $800-$850 and they are gone within a few hours.

With no headphone shops in my area that is how I do all my shopping, plus I buy used. If it's a hot product your loss will be very minimal.

Jan 7, 2021 at 2:30 PM Post #2,090 of 2,728
Here in Canada they go for $999.00, plus tax (15% in my province). Of course no one is going to pay tax on used items. When they go on sale on CAM (Canuck Audio Mart), they are listed at $800-$850 and they are gone within a few hours.

With no headphone shops in my area that is how I do all my shopping, plus I buy used. If it's a hot product your loss will be very minimal.

Oh, just to clarify, what I meant was that I could mentally frame the return of these headphones to the USA as selling it to someone at a loss.

Jan 7, 2021 at 4:16 PM Post #2,091 of 2,728

You in Halifax Shane? You wanna try mine? Oh wait, you already have them I think yea?

Edit* whoops, looks like I was way behind in the thread

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2021 at 4:29 PM Post #2,092 of 2,728
These headphones are just a ton of fun! I was using them yesterday with my tube amp and my SS amp. I played rock, pop and jazz. Almost everything sounded so full and fun. I even listened to a bass lovers thread on a different forum from my phone (LG V30). I am not a fan of hip hop or EDM, but some of these tunes just made me giggle.

Today I was on the main amps doing lots more testing. One of my favourite bands is Florence and the Machine. These play fine, but do not sound great with Florence. Went to more rock and everything was rolling.

I ended up plugging these into my DAP (NW-ZX300) and hit the rower, my New Year's resolution. The sound via balanced 4.4mm cable is outstanding! While I like my DAC/amps system, this set-up comes pretty damn close.

Lastly, I took them into the office. My office set-up is Computer to Topping D30 DAC to Liquid Spark amp to Vanatoo Transparent Zero speakers.
I plugged into the Liquid Spark and was blown away. First thing I had to do was to turn down the Windows volume AND the amp volume. Everything in my collection and even on YouTube was just a ton of fun. I was playing some jazz by Nubya Garcia and I never realized how much bass content she has.
I also went back to a bass lovers thread and just bobbed my head for 30-60 minutes. :smile:

The majority of my music sounds really fun with these headphones. When I thought hard about it today, these are the polar opposite of my Grado GH2's.
IMO, The Grado's are awesome for mids and up. And the Cascades are awesome for mids and down. A GREAT combo!:L3000:

It has only been two days, but these are just blowing me away. But that pain on top of the head is no joke. I am afraid to bend the headband too much, but I am getting more aggressive.:ksc75smile:
Don’t be afraid to bend the headband, mine is super bent and Ken confirmed it would be no issue

Jan 7, 2021 at 5:17 PM Post #2,093 of 2,728
Don’t be afraid to bend the headband, mine is super bent and Ken confirmed it would be no issue

Two things:
I LOVE! these headphones
And
The headband is HORRIBLE!

I have bent it to stop the pain, but it has no clamp and when I bend over, they will just fall off. I get why they built it like this with the folding design for transport, but it is horrible.

Having said that I love these SO much that I will definitely be keeping them. It will be like my love/hate relationship with my Grado's: I could Never let go of that sound, but the cable is a tool from hell.

Jan 7, 2021 at 5:35 PM Post #2,094 of 2,728
You in Halifax Shane? You wanna try mine? Oh wait, you already have them I think yea?

Edit* whoops, looks like I was way behind in the thread

Thank you for the kind offer! I got them on Sunday and they have not left my head since. Nice to see a local boy on here. :thumbsup:

Jan 7, 2021 at 5:36 PM Post #2,095 of 2,728
Two things:
I LOVE! these headphones
And
The headband is HORRIBLE!

I have bent it to stop the pain, but it has no clamp and when I bend over, they will just fall off. I get why they built it like this with the folding design for transport, but it is horrible.

Having said that I love these SO much that I will definitely be keeping them. It will be like my love/hate relationship with my Grado's: I could Never let go of that sound, but the cable is a tool from hell.
You try like this? There is a YouTube video for ZMF headphones which is a good guide
1610058955636.jpeg

Jan 7, 2021 at 5:38 PM Post #2,097 of 2,728
You try like this? There is a YouTube video for ZMF headphones which is a good guide1610058955636.jpeg

I have been afraid to go that hard. Might even get some earpad clamp out of that. Thanks!

Jan 7, 2021 at 5:56 PM Post #2,099 of 2,728

Funny you mention those as I have a set on order from Drop, but not for the Cascades. I have a set of Edition XX's and they really need these.
I think the pic of the "ZMF bend" might be exactly what I need. My earpads stay at zero extension. These will not be my "out and about" 'phones like my former 99 Classic's, but theses sound about seven times better. My Fostex TH-610's are this loose and it really pisses me off. But with these I love the sound so much that I am like...I can live with that. :ksc75smile:.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back