Cascade Headphone by Campfire Audio
Mar 30, 2020 at 1:23 PM Post #1,846 of 2,728
Yeah, I meant the lobh strap that I purchased here. For a moment I thought that Campfire made official straps that I hadn't noticed lol

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Campfire-Audio-Cascade-Premium-Head-Comfort-Strap-039-Lohb-Strap-039-/184189987654?ul_noapp=true&nma=true&si=4U6dYVxzLfjIoJ4%2Biid4COy%2BZVI%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

KucuzEC.png
Forever in transit D':

I ordered one too in January and it took more than a month to come to Canada. The tracking doesn't change after this. Below is my screenshot. Hope it helps.

Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 10.51.31 PM.png

Mar 30, 2020 at 2:17 PM Post #1,847 of 2,728
I ordered one too in January and it took more than a month to come to Canada. The tracking doesn't change after this. Below is my screenshot. Hope it helps.

Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 10.51.31 PM.png
I see. Well, I guess it'll get here in a week or two then. Did you have to go to the local post office or did it just arrive for you? Also, what are your thoughts on it so far?

Mar 30, 2020 at 2:55 PM Post #1,848 of 2,728
I see. Well, I guess it'll get here in a week or two then. Did you have to go to the local post office or did it just arrive for you? Also, what are your thoughts on it so far?

I got it in my mailbox, Canadapost (similar to USPS in the US) delivered it. It really improved the entire comfort of the headphones, really worth the $50 I paid for it. I would also recommend you to try the cloth earpads for very bass heavy music, it kind of reduces the bass and sounds a little more neutral. :)

Mar 30, 2020 at 3:43 PM Post #1,849 of 2,728
I got it in my mailbox, Canadapost (similar to USPS in the US) delivered it. It really improved the entire comfort of the headphones, really worth the $50 I paid for it. I would also recommend you to try the cloth earpads for very bass heavy music, it kind of reduces the bass and sounds a little more neutral. :)
Thanks for the recommendation, I bought the cloth and XL pads but I've been using the XL pads exclusively due to the better noise isolation and my huge ears. When I want a bit more open sound I reach for the Elex. I'm looking forward to getting the lobh strap for improved comfort!

Apr 7, 2020 at 1:22 PM Post #1,850 of 2,728
I got my set of new Cascades a few days ago.... Man, this is one of the most fun headphone I've had in a long time. The bass is really strong without being boomy and it's just really enjoyable.
I've got 6 other pairs of phones (800s, th900, lcd3, sundara, beyer T1v2s, focal clears)
But these are just fun as hell. As much as I love my 900s, these are half the price and just as fun! (I'd never sell my 900s, just love them)

Sounds great with my 789 and the tube amps I have. Pretty damn happy with them.

Apr 10, 2020 at 9:24 PM Post #1,852 of 2,728
So, I ordered some cloth pads and was emailing back and forth with Campfire. The guy has said to pull off the white sticker in the ear pad, like has been mentioned and man, it's hard to believe it makes that much of a difference but it actually does! You do loose a bit of bass but I feel it makes everything sound better, so its an easy compromise.

Apr 10, 2020 at 10:00 PM Post #1,853 of 2,728
So, I ordered some cloth pads and was emailing back and forth with Campfire. The guy has said to pull off the white sticker in the ear pad, like has been mentioned and man, it's hard to believe it makes that much of a difference but it actually does! You do loose a bit of bass but I feel it makes everything sound better, so its an easy compromise.

white sticker off and no black filter?

or which black filter

thanks

Apr 12, 2020 at 12:05 PM Post #1,855 of 2,728

Hi,

What improvements did you notice without the White Sticker on the stock pads with zero black dampeners? Thank you.

Apr 12, 2020 at 4:19 PM Post #1,857 of 2,728
After a bunch of reading I think I've come to the decision that I'd like pull the trigger on these.. local shop has them new, but I'm also looking into acquiring them used. I listen to mostly Drum and Bass and sounds like the Cascade aren't too difficult to drive and would fit in nicely with musical preferences and gear (below).. Never owned Campfire audio, though have spent some time with the Andros and Atlas before and liked their sound and tuning. Anyone able to talk me off / push me off the ledge? :)

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2020 at 4:35 PM Post #1,858 of 2,728
After a bunch of reading I think I've come to the decision that I'd like pull the trigger on these.. local shop has them new, but I'm also looking into acquiring them used. I listen to mostly Drum and Bass and sounds like the Cascade aren't too difficult to drive and would fit in nicely with musical preferences and gear (below).. Never owned Campfire audio, though have spent some time with the Andros and Atlas before and liked their sound and tuning. Anyone able to talk me off / push me off the ledge? :)
If you liked the Atlas then you'll like the Cascade. Similar signature but in a headphone.

Apr 12, 2020 at 5:17 PM Post #1,860 of 2,728
If you enjoy the Vega or Atlas by CFA and you want a headphone, the Cascade is great! I personally prefer my IEM’s on the go and a full size non portable ZMF at home. I sold my cascades to fund my ZMF purchase and while I don’t regret it, I still think the cascades were an excellent headphone although a bit too boomy for my preference but you liked atlas so over the edge you go! Have fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back