Cascade Headphone by Campfire Audio
Nov 8, 2019 at 5:30 PM Post #1,771 of 2,726
I guess something like mdrz7m2 or mdr 1am2 is more o its ally?
1000xm3 was a push too low probably.
The z7m2 should be close but I haven't tried them. Wish I had though.
The cascades have such an energetic sound, and with some genres, it's the best! Unfortunately I thought the mid-bass was too dominant with other genres. Not that its bleeding, but It takes focus.
I've learned that I prefer a headphone with more sub-bass than mid-bass.

Nov 8, 2019 at 9:48 PM Post #1,772 of 2,726
Since we're on the subject of comparing Sony headphones to the Cascade, I find the that MDR-Z1R has better detail retrieval/clarity, a much bigger soundstage, and a more balanced low end. On the flip side the Cascade has more weight in the mid-range and an addictive, thumping bass. With Dekoni Nuggets I find the Cascade to be more comfortable than the Z1R. Overall, I think the Z1R is the better headphone, however, they are both exceptional.

Nov 9, 2019 at 2:59 AM Post #1,773 of 2,726
Has anyone tried or found an alternative headband for the cascade?

The headband is what stopping me from making this headphone stay longer on my head. They are just not comfortable. I hate it when I had to stop listening to this headphone just to relieve the discomfort.

I hope CA can look at suspension headband like the one used in the recently released AEON 2.

Suspension headband has the absolute comfort. The folding mechanism employed by Aeon2 is just brilliant.

Nov 9, 2019 at 4:21 AM Post #1,774 of 2,726

The headband is what stopping me from making this headphone stay longer on my head. They are just not comfortable. I hate it when I had to stop listening to this headphone just to relieve the discomfort.

I hope CA can look at suspension headband like the one used in the recently released AEON 2.

Suspension headband has the absolute comfort. The folding mechanism employed by Aeon2 is just brilliant.

Yes but will u like the sound of aeon2 ?

Nov 9, 2019 at 7:17 AM Post #1,775 of 2,726
Yes but will u like the sound of aeon2 ?
How the Aeon 2 sound like is irrelevant. My concern is to make the cascade more comfortable. The Aeon2 is only mentioned as reference to it's comfort. It's a pity that CA spend time to make the headphone sound very good but dropped the ball as far as comfort goes.

Nov 9, 2019 at 2:42 PM Post #1,776 of 2,726

I bought a "loeb" strap for my Cascades from Ebay - it completely eliminates the discomfort issue. That and the XL pads now render the Cascades supremely comfortable. Yes, it's odd that Campfire didn't contend with the comfort issue in the first instance, but the fix is pretty simple and effective.

Nov 9, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #1,777 of 2,726
I bought a "loeb" strap for my Cascades from Ebay - it completely eliminates the discomfort issue. That and the XL pads now render the Cascades supremely comfortable. Yes, it's odd that Campfire didn't contend with the comfort issue in the first instance, but the fix is pretty simple and effective.

Can you share a pic or link please.

I think cascade was ment as a portable indestructible headphone. Means folks wouldnt ware it more then 2h a time when traveling in commute. Now we are audiophiles that listens to hours and hours a day is different. They should release a new headphone to that purpose or at least maybe new options with accessories to accommodate who are in need.

Nov 9, 2019 at 4:25 PM Post #1,778 of 2,726
Can you share a pic or link please.

I think cascade was ment as a portable indestructible headphone. Means folks wouldnt ware it more then 2h a time when traveling in commute. Now we are audiophiles that listens to hours and hours a day is different. They should release a new headphone to that purpose or at least maybe new options with accessories to accommodate who are in need.
See attached. Wearing it now, no complaints at all.
IMG_20191109_2220543.jpg

Nov 10, 2019 at 1:26 AM Post #1,780 of 2,726
Nov 14, 2019 at 10:14 PM Post #1,784 of 2,726
Checking if anyone uses third party cables for their Cascades which are a step-up from the supplied CA Litz cables?

Alo Audio's own SXC8 is a natural option given the glowing reviews but I am also looking at Triton Audio's 8 Litz 24.5AWG SPC (silver plated copper) cable which has a lower price point =)

Nov 16, 2019 at 6:45 AM Post #1,785 of 2,726
Checking if anyone uses third party cables for their Cascades which are a step-up from the supplied CA Litz cables?

Alo Audio's own SXC8 is a natural option given the glowing reviews but I am also looking at Triton Audio's 8 Litz 24.5AWG SPC (silver plated copper) cable which has a lower price point =)

I had a cable made up by Oidio Cables here in the UK. It was the Oidio Mongrel cable and I couldn't be happier. They're an excellent company and their cables are top notch! I only wish they made IEM cables with MMCX connectors (they don't and won't).

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back