Cascade Headphone by Campfire Audio
Nov 5, 2019 at 12:57 PM Post #1,759 of 2,737
Do these require a lot of power to shine? I have just purchased a iFi Zen Dac and wondering if it will do these justice?
It doesn't require a lot of power, but it scales very well. More power tends to generate a more refined sound.

Off topic somewhat, I just got the SXC 8 4.4mm balanced cable for the Cascades with the XL pads - really beautiful upgrade. They retain the detailed and visceral bass, but it's now superbly tonally balanced with a much improved soundstage.

Nov 7, 2019 at 6:09 PM Post #1,760 of 2,737
Has anyone tried aftermarket replacment headband pads designed for the HD650 if they would fit the Cascade? To alleviate the hotspot on top of the headband I mean (in my case..) Looks more elegant than the Dekoni Nuggets solution.

https://shopee.ph/Replacement-Headb...1783975.1537540613?__hybrid__=1&stm_referrer=

Have you tried bending the headband a bit? Same method as for ZMF headbands because they are both spring steel. There are instructional videos on YouTube and I think I posted one in this thread a long time ago

Nov 7, 2019 at 6:14 PM Post #1,761 of 2,737
Here I just took a couple photos for you, I bent my headband as Ken indicated was no problem, they are super comfy like this.
Also that is just flour on it in the side pic, I was baking.
Found my old pics, it just increases the area I contact with my head so you don’t get hotspots, I’ll see if I can find the YouTube instructions

Nov 8, 2019 at 2:54 AM Post #1,763 of 2,737
Found my old pics, it just increases the area I contact with my head so you don’t get hotspots, I’ll see if I can find the YouTube instructions

that’s some improvement over the original fit/design! Shame you have to do that to an almost £800 pair of headphones though. They should have come out the factory this way. Still debating whether to get a pair, the voice inside me keeps reminding me I can get one open back headphones and have change for a decent closed back as well (probably without that bass I like on the cascade).

Nov 8, 2019 at 5:51 AM Post #1,764 of 2,737
that’s some improvement over the original fit/design! Shame you have to do that to an almost £800 pair of headphones though. They should have come out the factory this way. Still debating whether to get a pair, the voice inside me keeps reminding me I can get one open back headphones and have change for a decent closed back as well (probably without that bass I like on the cascade).
Good luck finding a pair, even if you do decide you want one. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I have been waiting for a good while. . .

Nov 8, 2019 at 5:57 AM Post #1,765 of 2,737
The
Good luck finding a pair, even if you do decide you want one. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I have been waiting for a good while. . .
problem isn’t finding a pair (they’re available here), it’s whether I want two pairs vs one. I know it’s hard to say whether something is worth x amount

Nov 8, 2019 at 8:09 AM Post #1,766 of 2,737
The

problem isn’t finding a pair (they’re available here), it’s whether I want two pairs vs one. I know it’s hard to say whether something is worth x amount
Mind sharing your source, that has them in stock?

Nov 8, 2019 at 4:23 PM Post #1,767 of 2,737
Hey folk I was wondering how does these cascade compares in sq vs ier-z1r?

How big are the ear pads inside, does it touch your ears? For example bose qc35 doesnt touche my ears at all are this smaller? or same?

Also wonder if anyone compared them vs sony 1000xm3 when wired.

thanks for the feedback!

Nov 8, 2019 at 4:48 PM Post #1,768 of 2,737
I
The

I would love to know, where these are available. Anyone care to share their source, in London?

Nov 8, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #1,769 of 2,737
Hey folk I was wondering how does these cascade compares in sq vs ier-z1r?

How big are the ear pads inside, does it touch your ears? For example bose qc35 doesnt touche my ears at all are this smaller? or same?

Also wonder if anyone compared them vs sony 1000xm3 when wired.

thanks for the feedback!
I had the first version of the sony 1000.
If you compare them together you will never listen to the sony again. It's like they are screaming in your ears.
The cascades are less practical and way uglier though.
I wouldn't say the cascades are touching your ears, but I have never had a problem with any headphone, so maybe you should wait for someone else to answer.

Nov 8, 2019 at 5:18 PM Post #1,770 of 2,737
I had the first version of the sony 1000.
If you compare them together you will never listen to the sony again. It's like they are screaming in your ears.
The cascades are less practical and way uglier though.
I wouldn't say the cascades are touching your ears, but I have never had a problem with any headphone, so maybe you should wait for someone else to answer.

I guess something like mdrz7m2 or mdr 1am2 is more o its ally?
1000xm3 was a push too low probably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back