Cascade Headphone by Campfire Audio
Sep 16, 2019 at 9:36 PM Post #1,697 of 2,737
Ha, that's one way of looking at it.
I don't know but I find it a really great headphone to listen to and I even use it over my custom IEM's at times (mid FI ones).
I don't know how they'd compare against a high end custom but I'm really happy with the cascades myself. I just often wonder why people bash so heavily because the FR isn't what it should be according to measurements? Is my hearing that 'broken' or is that just a very elitist way of judging a headphone. Something designed to bring you a fun and joyous musical listening experience. Some IEM's I've heard are considered near perfect FR but aren't exactly the most musical things around (I can understand that for mixing purposes that's a different story though).
The large ear pads totally solved the comfort issue for me... No need to bend anything.

These are a great set of travel headphones... And every day great fun cans!

Sep 17, 2019 at 5:46 AM Post #1,699 of 2,737
Cascades are still "Out of Stock"... im disappointed, its been already half a year maybe longer. i really dont want to buy used as in this hobby i only buy new. i hope they bring them back soon so i can get a pair. :frowning2:

Sep 17, 2019 at 6:28 AM Post #1,700 of 2,737
Cascades are still "Out of Stock"... im disappointed, its been already half a year maybe longer. i really dont want to buy used as in this hobby i only buy new. i hope they bring them back soon so i can get a pair. :frowning2:
I am happily waiting too.

Sep 17, 2019 at 10:25 AM Post #1,701 of 2,737
I am happily waiting too.
You already seem to have quite a healthy collection of headphones. What makes you want to add the Cascade? I've been intrigued by the ZMF offerings for home listening lately but haven't pulled a blind trigger yet :)

I didn't know these have been out of stock for so long. Is there an issue at CFA side or just no more batches being made?

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2019 at 10:35 AM Post #1,702 of 2,737
You already seem to have quite a healthy collection of headphones. What makes you want to add the Cascade? I've been intrigued by the ZMF offerings for home listening lately but haven't pulled a blind trigger yet :)

I didn't know these have been out of stock for so long. Is there an issue at CFA side or just no more batches being made?
I do have a healthy collection of headphones, that I only use at home. I am looking for a pair of portable full size/over ear, of the same caliber, to go with my collection. As you can see, I like ZMF, and they are warm bassy headphones, and it seems like the Cascade's sound sig, is right there with them, and right up my ally. I currently use the Campfire Audio Lyra II iem, as my only portable, and would like to have a full sized portable can, to compliment.

As far as being out of stock, I believe they are just making more, and just like last time it takes a good while, for them to come back in stock. I got an email last time they were restocked, but did not have the funds at the time, and they don't stay in stock very long, as they are quite popular. I don't know why it takes so long, but it does.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2019 at 7:12 AM Post #1,703 of 2,737
I was able to buy cascade new in germany. I assume that there are official dealers in usa/canada which have them in stock. Just "happily" buying and not waiting. In comparison to ZMF the tuning is different. I don`t want to describe it as a warm sounding headphone, my bathwater is warm. Maybe euphonic is the better word. Forgiving yes, because the midrange is a bit taken back. It´s definite not a vocal or midrange forward sounding headphone.

Sep 18, 2019 at 7:35 AM Post #1,704 of 2,737
I was able to buy cascade new in germany. I assume that there are official dealers in usa/canada which have them in stock. Just "happily" buying and not waiting. In comparison to ZMF the tuning is different. I don`t want to describe it as a warm sounding headphone, my bathwater is warm. Maybe euphonic is the better word. Forgiving yes, because the midrange is a bit taken back. It´s definite not a vocal or midrange forward sounding headphone.

Have you tried posting with the filters yet? I find the T2 filter brings the midrange forward a bit and reduce the bass a little.

Sep 18, 2019 at 8:11 AM Post #1,706 of 2,737
No one has them in stock. Thanks for the suggestion, but I have been checking everywhere daily.

Sep 18, 2019 at 8:37 AM Post #1,707 of 2,737
Have you tried posting with the filters yet? I find the T2 filter brings the midrange forward a bit and reduce the bass a little.

I was surprised how well rounded they are. I never believed in burn in and I still don't know if it's burn in or my ears getting used to it. I've really started to enjoy Cascade more and more up to a point where I now find my Westone es30 a bit too flat / lifeless. I originally bought cascades for rock / metal but I also listen piano and classical pieces or orchestral pieces on that setup. I've tried cloth and it's a different thing all together. Very versatile headphone. Up to a point where I'm almost not using IEM's anymore because I haven't found something I enjoy as much other than the Andromeda which aren't as comfortable for me (I need CIEM to be comfortable). l'm still looking into CIEM's that have that same very fun sound while still being enjoyable for any genre. If anyone has suggestions, feel free! For now Cascade goes to work every day with me :)

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2019 at 8:47 AM Post #1,708 of 2,737
I was surprised how well rounded they are. I never believed in burn in and I still don't know if it's burn in or my ears getting used to it. I've really started to enjoy Cascade more and more up to a point where I now find my Westone es30 a bit too flat / lifeless. I originally bought cascades for rock / metal but I also listen piano and classical pieces or orchestral pieces on that setup. I've tried cloth and it's a different thing all together. Very versatile headphone. Up to a point where I'm almost not using IEM's anymore because I haven't found something I enjoy as much other than the Andromeda which aren't as comfortable for me (I need CIEM to be comfortable). l'm still looking into CIEM's that have that same very fun sound while still being enjoyable for any genre. If anyone has suggestions, feel free! For now Cascade goes to work every day with me :)
Burn in is real, especially with drivers that use Beryllium. Sounds like you are really enjoying those, and you just made me want a pair, even more. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sep 18, 2019 at 8:55 AM Post #1,709 of 2,737
Burn in is real, especially with drivers that use Beryllium. Sounds like you are really enjoying those, and you just made me want a pair, even more. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Ha, I'll take a your word regarding burn in.

I remember the first time I auditioned these, I handed them back after one song because I was overwhelmed by the bass and found it way too strong. Then I auditioned a 'burned in Cascade' a second time with a different filter and cloth earpads. It was nothing like what I recalled from the first time. Made me wonder if I was confused or it was really a different beast all together. They let me play around with the filters and the pads and I eventually decided to buy one
I remember being impressed when listening to Muse and Daft Punk.

Sep 18, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #1,710 of 2,737
Ha, I'll take a your word regarding burn in.

I remember the first time I auditioned these, I handed them back after one song because I was overwhelmed by the bass and found it way too strong. Then I auditioned a 'burned in Cascade' a second time with a different filter and cloth earpads. It was nothing like what I recalled from the first time. Made me wonder if I was confused or it was really a different beast all together. They let me play around with the filters and the pads and I eventually decided to buy one
I remember being impressed when listening to Muse and Daft Punk.
I have yet to find a headphone, that has too much bass, as I am a basshead, but I love good mids too. I can't wait to hear the bass, on the Cascade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back