Cars we love.
Jun 3, 2007 at 3:56 PM Post #61 of 133
Everyone has come up with the most exotic cars, some I had never even heard of. It only seems fitting to put one that I would love to own as well.

What I really have (notice the bird-crap on the hood):

Vette_1.jpg

What I really want, an all electric version by Tesla (Lotus), that does 0-60 in less than 4 seconds:

Tesla.jpg

Maybe some day, they start at $92,000.
k1000smile.gif

Jun 3, 2007 at 4:15 PM Post #62 of 133
Landcruiser.JPG

I want the above in a 450hp hydrogen fuel convert. ^

When all of you little weenies are standing over little piles of powdered fiberglass, gouged out from your ground effects, made by a two-inch bump in the road, I’ll be mocking you from my Landcruiser’s window with wild banshee screaming; winking; and large circumference, ghost lasso circles. Every time I sweep out a circle, made by swinging my imaginary lasso, my body will undulate. It will do so not only because of the forces acting on my torso through my arm, but also due to my incredible belly laughter. To you, it will seem my driver’s seat is a mechanical bull.

By the time I grow weary of ridicule, your tears, mixed with the road-killed fiberglass, will have made a paste on the asphalt. Many of you will spread this on your car’s sad little wound, wishfully thinking it will adhere and mend like bondo. Grieving, some of you just stare into it.

Adding insult to injury, I’ll pull up next to you and offer a ride. Acknowledging defeat, you will accept. Cruelly, I’ll floor my big girl, leaving you with stained pants: Out of the side of her knobbied front tire, will spray the remainder of your tear and fiberglass waste.

Jun 3, 2007 at 4:20 PM Post #63 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by plus_c /img/forum/go_quote.gif
plainsong, after having seen a C30 in the flesh for the first time today (they come out over here in September, a local dealer brought one from Canada to a wine festival I was at), I am completely and totally in love with that car. We're only getting the T5 version here, but that suits me just fine as I plan on autocrossing the living daylights out of it once I get one.

Do you have a manual transmission in yours? Have any commentary about how it shifts? The shifter action seemed pretty nice in the example I got to sit in today, but I'm curious to see what it's like in real life...

Yeah we have a manual gearbox. In fact here that's the default. At first shifting was a bit unresponsive. It didn't kill the experience. It was sort of like how when playing Guitar Hero II, the controls are responsive, just not as much as if you were playing a real guitar, just that much of a delay. So you get the idea, you could live with it, but it could be better.

After about 2000km that problem is history. I guess there was a "burn-in" time.
smily_headphones1.gif

We finally were next to another C30 in traffic, and when you see one parked you can tell where it's roots are, but while moving, there's nothing really like it out there. It's just that little bit different.
smily_headphones1.gif

I think the T5 is supposed to be the noisiest and least fuel efficient of the C30 lineup, but it also goes the fastest so that's ok.
smily_headphones1.gif
It's just a fun fun little car.

Jun 3, 2007 at 4:58 PM Post #65 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah we have a manual gearbox. In fact here that's the default. At first shifting was a bit unresponsive. It didn't kill the experience. It was sort of like how when playing Guitar Hero II, the controls are responsive, just not as much as if you were playing a real guitar, just that much of a delay. So you get the idea, you could live with it, but it could be better.

After about 2000km that problem is history. I guess there was a "burn-in" time.
smily_headphones1.gif

We finally were next to another C30 in traffic, and when you see one parked you can tell where it's roots are, but while moving, there's nothing really like it out there. It's just that little bit different.
smily_headphones1.gif

I think the T5 is supposed to be the noisiest and least fuel efficient of the C30 lineup, but it also goes the fastest so that's ok.
smily_headphones1.gif
It's just a fun fun little car.

Cool, thanks for the commentary! My wallet is cowering in the corner in dread/anticipation...the only thing keeping me from running to the Volvo dealer and putting down earnest money right now is knowing that my current car still has a few good years left in it, and it's been quite good to me while I've had it. I'm inclined to keep the Prelude as a second car, but then I'd need a place with a two-car garage...

Now my wallet is really cowering in fear
icon10.gif

Jun 3, 2007 at 5:16 PM Post #66 of 133
Last year, I traded in this driveway queen ...
coddingtown2003022Medium.jpg

For this 0 to 60 in 5.1 seconds "work" truck
tongue.gif

P6061450Medium.jpg

My next 'non' daily driver will be either a completely restored '73 stingray or perhaps some sort of AC Cobra kit in the 'turn key' stage

Jun 3, 2007 at 5:37 PM Post #67 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hermitt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Last year, I traded in this driveway queen ...
coddingtown2003022Medium.jpg

For this 0 to 60 in 5.1 seconds "work" truck
tongue.gif

P6061450Medium.jpg

My next 'non' daily driver will be either a completely restored '73 stingray or perhaps some sort of AC Cobra kit in the 'turn key' stage

Stingrays are also something I really want, anything from '69 to '73.

Jun 3, 2007 at 5:46 PM Post #69 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fallingwater /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Or better yet with a traditional reciprocating engine?
Don't get me wrong, I'm a sucker for alternative technology too, but wankel engines always seemed to me more trouble than they're worth.

By the way, there is an official Mazda V8 kit for the RX7... although I think a better fit for the RX7 would be the 2 litre turbo engine of the Lancer EvoIX...

As for me: since getting my motorbike and discovering I like riding bikes much more than I like driving cars, my enthusiasm for four-wheel vehicles has faded considerably.
Regardless, here are the cars I used to think of as my dreams:

7556.jpg

^^^ this one for the sheer speed

850Ci_stor.jpg

^^^ this one for the style

There is a great parallel between motorcycles and headphones when compared to sports cars and traditional speaker systems, respectively.

Motorcycles and Headphones are far cheaper than their alternatives, but get you WAY up the food chain in terms of overall performance in a big hurry.

Jun 4, 2007 at 12:21 AM Post #71 of 133
WHAT, NO JEEP LOVE?
I will always have my 1995 cherokee (if the engine dies that just gives me an excuse to cram a hemi in it)
icon10.gif

[size=xx-large]FUEL ECONOMY IS FOR CHUMPS![/size]

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1971 Chevy El Camino

My first car was a 1986 el camino. I sold it because the frame was about rusted in half.

Jun 4, 2007 at 12:57 AM Post #72 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fallingwater /img/forum/go_quote.gif
850Ci_stor.jpg

^^^ this one for the style

Mmm, 850. I love them. My dad used to have one, but he sold it a while back. I reckon it was nicer than the DB7 he replaced it with.

Jun 4, 2007 at 6:45 AM Post #75 of 133
IMAGE_00009.jpg

This is what I would love to own. It's my neighbor's - 68' or 69' Camaro Z28, and he also has a similar-era GTO convertible and Impala SS. Dude's got awesome taste in cars.

Picture852.jpg

Picture861.jpg

This my attainable goal car. I would love a clean JDM-style EP3 hatch for daily driving.

EDIT: If anyone is a member of EPHatch, can you please PM me? I can't seem to activate my account there when I register... it's very disheartening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back