Cars we love.
Jun 2, 2007 at 9:37 PM Post #31 of 133
I loved my 1983 Mercedea Benz 240D, no race car but dependable, comfortable, Inexpensive to operate (30 mpg), classic design. I sold it for $1900 in 2001 with 284,000 miles. Often I wish I'd kept it.

Jun 2, 2007 at 9:54 PM Post #32 of 133
My favourite car was my 1984 Fiat Uno. Easy to park, fuel efficient and nippy around town. Could do 90 on a good day which wasnt bad for an 1100cc motor. Nothing I have owned since than has had the same charm.

250px-Fiat_Uno_SX_red_hl.jpg

Jun 2, 2007 at 9:54 PM Post #33 of 133
Ow I almost forgot. This car I was allowed to drive on the Landrover Experience without my driving licence. My ultimate experience was driving the Landrover Sport Supercharged because it accelerates in such bloody speed that was just a total kick for me
icon10.gif

Jun 2, 2007 at 10:18 PM Post #36 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrastique /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is that second one you have got there?? That looks real sweet! Is that really yours?

It's a Bugatti Veyron, and I believe it is currently the most expensive production car in the world so I doubt she has one.

Jun 2, 2007 at 10:25 PM Post #38 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrastique /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is that second one you have got there?? That looks real sweet! Is that really yours?

Its the Bugatti Veyron.
Worlds fastest and most powerful street legal full production car. 300 cars to be produced, at a base price of $1,440,800

I be she (plainsong) don't own one...
tongue.gif

Jun 2, 2007 at 11:07 PM Post #40 of 133
Uhhhhh, yeah, I have one. I just loved the C30 so much that I purposefully chose the 1.6L to compliment my Veyron.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Captain Slow goes really fast.

/No, if I were rich I'd have that db9 and gaze longingly at the Veyron. Girls can like fast cars too.
biggrin.gif

//Working on week 5 of the same tank of gas. The car averages not less than 10 miles a day. That's the minimum it goes. Some days that's all it does and on others we actually go places.

Jun 3, 2007 at 1:33 AM Post #41 of 133
plainsong, after having seen a C30 in the flesh for the first time today (they come out over here in September, a local dealer brought one from Canada to a wine festival I was at), I am completely and totally in love with that car. We're only getting the T5 version here, but that suits me just fine as I plan on autocrossing the living daylights out of it once I get one.

Do you have a manual transmission in yours? Have any commentary about how it shifts? The shifter action seemed pretty nice in the example I got to sit in today, but I'm curious to see what it's like in real life...

Jun 3, 2007 at 1:46 AM Post #42 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalmind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm a great fan of older 911's. My dad has always had them (from a 82' SC Targa to a 1986 911 Turbo, which he recently sold
frown.gif
), so I grew into them. My realistic dream car would be a stripped out pre-964 911.

930.jpg

Aren't some of those older air cooled 911s supposed to be hard to handle on the track?? a rumor I heard is that the rear end can get a little squeemish on tighter tracks.

Never driven one though... its just a rumor I heard.

Curious...

Jun 3, 2007 at 1:52 AM Post #43 of 133
For me, it's gotta be the Ford GT:
fordgt05_04.jpg

I see one around town frequently, but have never managed to connect with the owner. He/she is a lucky person. It's the classic white with blue racing stripes, and has plexiglass/lexan boot, so you can see all the goodies. Just gorgeous, and mean as hell.

Jun 3, 2007 at 2:29 AM Post #45 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lotus Exige / Elise

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0mJTczqAoU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBzmmO-3Cdo

heres one modded with a honda v-tec mill... Love the sound of this vid... and how hes flying past the stock WRX
blink.gif
blink.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqD9B027ZGA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQOnOXXc-ps

Elise's aren't actually too expensive, your dream car can come true. ($30,000 roughly) The only thing is that they are tiny, have you seen one in the flesh? It only comes up to my chest and I am 5'7. talk about a death trap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back