CAROLINAS CanFest 7 SUNDAY March 31st, 2019
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 25, 2019 at 10:03 PM Post #63 of 174
CanFEST 8 Big Goof!!!
I was just sent notification that the facility's event management system wasn’t updating correctly.
Thus, the last two Saturdays in March are previously reserved. No Saturdays, other than the Saturday of Easter weekend, are available through April. As a result, I have changed the date to Sunday, March 31st. You out of towners may want to come into town on Saturday and hoop dee do it up in the big City. My apologies for any inconvenience to anyone.

Jan 26, 2019 at 7:22 AM Post #64 of 174
Count me in. I had a blast last year. I will bring my lks004 dac and gustard h20 amp. Todd I also have a KTE Spring holo dac that I use with my home stereo rig that I can bring if anyone is interested in listening to that. I think I will only bring my hd800 cans. But I also have focal elears, hi fi man 400 and foster purplehearts if anyone wants me to bring those. Thanks for putting together the venue looks cool!

Jan 26, 2019 at 7:24 AM Post #65 of 174
I will also bring my ecp torpedo tube amp! It is cool!

Jan 29, 2019 at 6:03 AM Post #67 of 174
I will be there, dressed to kill.

My Gear List.
Source
Yamaha CD-S2000
Fiio X3vIII
Amps
Woo 22
Yamaha A-S300
Fiio A5 portable
Headphones
AKG K1000
Bose QC-25
Denon D7000
Grado RS-1
HiFi Man HE-400 (for sale)
Sennheiser PX-100 II
Fiio EX1 & F5
System
Koss ESP950 Elecrtostatic Headphone System

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2019 at 8:55 AM Post #68 of 174
Dressed to kill?

Alex, perhaps a poor choice of words
above. However, I must ask, will you be wearing that beautiful pink floorlength gown that you did last time or the dominatrix outfit?

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2019 at 9:02 AM Post #69 of 174
Would someone mind volunteering to maintain and update a list of who will be attending and also an equipment list?

If so, I will note the post number on my number one post of this thread for all to reference.

Also, any luck with reaching out to any manufacturers and/or retailers?

Thank you,

Danny

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #70 of 174
Would someone mind volunteering to maintain and update a list of who will be attending and also an equipment list?

If so, I will note the post number on my number one post of this thread for all to reference.

Also, any luck with reaching out to any manufacturers and/or retailers?

Thank you,

Danny
I'd be willing to chip in on that front.

BTW, my gear list will include:
Schiit Jotunheim
Schiit Lyr 2
Schiit Modi 2
LCD-2 (pre-fazor)
Audio Technica ATH-M40
Koss Portapro
AKG k240 Monitors
Koss KSC 75
Macbook

If anyone is really interested, I can also bring my turntable (Technics SL-J2 and Schiit Mani) and some records. I just started making a discogs list of my vinyl (https://www.discogs.com/user/RastaDolphin/collection?sort_by=artists_sort). Still have a lot to add and I'm sure my details of each pressing are wrong but it will be basically what I have.

Jan 29, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #71 of 174
Regarding editing, the short answer is that only one person can do the updating, editing, etc as it would be a new post under their name/account. I will let people know the post number so they can check it out periodically.

Feb 6, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #73 of 174
I feel like I may have asked this question before in this sort of scenario and reached a dead end but maybe things have changed. Would it make any sense or be at all convenient to try to do some kind of shared playlist that would be accessible from everyone's (or most (or some (or more than one person's)) sources so that people would have music they're familiar with on each setup? I know Spotify isn't streaming lossless or anything but they have something called Collaborative Playlists where different people can add songs to one playlist. Would a shared google drive be better for downloading songs locally? Complete waste of time? I just know I've gone away thinking headphones were blah because I had only heard music I wasn't familiar with and didn't appreciate on them only to later find out they were great.

Feb 7, 2019 at 2:05 PM Post #74 of 174
It's a good idea but the execution is tough.

Assuming the sources are computers, you could just log in to your Spotify (or other music streaming service) account and access your personal playlists, right?
Or you could bring your own source around to each table and connect if the owner allows it.
Or... you could carry a USB stick/drive that contains the music you are familiar with.

The problems that I see are:

1) Not everyone's source is going to be spotify/tidal/any other streaming service friendly (CD, Vinyl, etc.)
2) Not everyone will have available USB ports if you decide to go the USB stick/drive route
3) Not everyone is comfortable with a stranger navigating around on their computer and/or adding/running unknown files

Feb 7, 2019 at 3:20 PM Post #75 of 174
It's a good idea but the execution is tough.

Assuming the sources are computers, you could just log in to your Spotify (or other music streaming service) account and access your personal playlists, right?
Or you could bring your own source around to each table and connect if the owner allows it.
Or... you could carry a USB stick/drive that contains the music you are familiar with.

The problems that I see are:

1) Not everyone's source is going to be spotify/tidal/any other streaming service friendly (CD, Vinyl, etc.)
2) Not everyone will have available USB ports if you decide to go the USB stick/drive route
3) Not everyone is comfortable with a stranger navigating around on their computer and/or adding/running unknown files
Yeah. That's what I was thinking too but just thought I'd throw it out there. Maybe someone had a good idea. If SOME people had sources with Spotify, they could have the shared playlist in their account. I guess I'll just bring some 100' cables and drag them from my turntable to everyone's setup. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back