CAROLINAS CanFest 7 SUNDAY March 31st, 2019
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 10, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #46 of 174
My first choice for the gathering ended up being way too expensive. They significantly increased their rental fees from the last time we used them. No problem, several other choices are available which I shall pursue.

Jan 10, 2019 at 1:54 PM Post #47 of 174
My first choice for the gathering ended up being way too expensive. They significantly increased their rental fees from the last time we used them. No problem, several other choices are available which I shall pursue.

Concord, NC community rooms at fire stations 7 (where it was held last year) and 9 (bigger and nicer) I can rent for 25/hr.

Jan 10, 2019 at 2:29 PM Post #48 of 174
Concord, NC community rooms at fire stations 7 (where it was held last year) and 9 (bigger and nicer) I can rent for 25/hr.

I second this. Space was nice and there was ample room for loading and unloading

Jan 13, 2019 at 12:19 AM Post #50 of 174
Give me a little more time to work on a location.

Wasn't the Firehouse a bit cramped for space last year? I wasn't there so I don't know first hand.

It was a little crampt with every one we had, but not terribly so. I certainly won't be taking up another 12" so that'll help <.<

Jan 20, 2019 at 8:53 PM Post #54 of 174
This may be a bit preemptive, but if you'd like to start making a list of attendees and corresponding equipment, mine's listed below.

• Headphones-
    • Audio-Technica
      • ATH-W1000Z
    • Bowers & Wilkins
      • P7
      • P9
    • Edifier
      • H850
      • W855BT
    • Meze Headphones
      • 99 Classics
    • Oppo
      • PM-1
    • Sennheiser
      • HD650
      • HD660 S
      • PXC550 (Subject to Change)
  • IEM's
    • Empire Ears
      • Hermes VI (customs)
  • Amps
    • Audio-Technica
      • AT-HA5000
    • Schiit (Subject to Change)
      • Ragnarok
    • Sennheiser
  • Dacs
    • PS Audio
      • DigitalLink 3
        • Upgraded by Cullen to his Stage 4 version
      • Yggdrasil
        • Most current version
  • Combi
    • Sennheiser (Subject to Change)
      • HDVD800

EDIT: There may be additions/subtractions to this list depending on what/if I've any product reviews going on around when the meet it to be scheduled.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2019 at 3:24 PM Post #55 of 174
That is a good idea.
We are still in the process of nailing down a venue for either 3/23/19 or 3/30/19. In the meantime send me your equipment lists. Also, please let me know if any of you have an in with retailers and/or manufacturers who we can invite to attend.

Jan 23, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #56 of 174
That is a good idea.
We are still in the process of nailing down a venue for either 3/23/19 or 3/30/19. In the meantime send me your equipment lists. Also, please let me know if any of you have an in with retailers and/or manufacturers who we can invite to attend.

I've reached out to Schiit, who did SO MUCH, for the event and also Audio-Technica, who have some of the coolest people I shouldn't have the honor in knowing. As soon as a date cam be set the better for them.

Jan 25, 2019 at 11:50 AM Post #57 of 174
FINALLY!!!!
We have a FANTASTIC location for the Carolina CanFEST 8!
It is located in Charlotte, just north of Uptown, and has an amazing history. Henry Ford used the facility to make Model T cars. In WW2 it was used to produce missiles. Currently, the 70-acre area is being redeveloped as Charlotte’s largest adaptive reuse project, a unique space where entrepreneurs, artists, and community builders connect and create. Several of the original buildings are being preserved. They are amazing including the old Boiler Room. It is the past, present an future all rolled into one. This is an event not to be missed.

Below is a link to the facility. We will have a beautiful 1800 sq ft meeting space and will plan to use it from 9 AM - 4 PM on March 30th.

https://camp.nc/

https://camp.nc/events/

In the meantime, please send me a list of the gear you are planning to bring so I can post that information. Also, let me know if you have any connection to manufacturers and /or retailers that may want to attend, or send equipment if they are not able to be present, so we can extend an invitation to them.

Directions to the facility are on their website.

I look forward to a fun and fantastic time.

Jan 25, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #59 of 174
FINALLY!!!!
We have a FANTASTIC location for the Carolina CanFEST 8!
It is located in Charlotte, just north of Uptown, and has an amazing history. Henry Ford used the facility to make Model T cars. In WW2 it was used to produce missiles. Currently, the 70-acre area is being redeveloped as Charlotte’s largest adaptive reuse project, a unique space where entrepreneurs, artists, and community builders connect and create. Several of the original buildings are being preserved. They are amazing including the old Boiler Room. It is the past, present an future all rolled into one. This is an event not to be missed.

Below is a link to the facility. We will have a beautiful 1800 sq ft meeting space and will plan to use it from 9 AM - 4 PM on March 30th.

In the meantime, please send me a list of the gear you are planning to bring so I can post that information. Also, let me know if you have any connection to manufacturers and /or retailers that may want to attend, or send equipment if they are not able to be present, so we can extend an invitation to them.

Attendee List including vendors/retailers/manufacturers:
To follow

Equipment List:

Army-Firedawg

• Headphones-
        • Audio-Technica
          • ATH-W1000Z
        • Bowers & Wilkins
          • P7
          • P9
        • Edifier
          • H850
          • W855BT
        • Meze Headphones
          • 99 Classics
        • Oppo
          • PM-1
        • Sennheiser
          • HD650
          • HD660 S
          • PXC550 (Subject to Change)
      • IEM's
        • Empire Ears
          • Hermes VI (customs)
      • Amps
        • Audio-Technica
          • AT-HA5000
          • Ragnarok
        • Sennheiser
      • Dacs
        • PS Audio
          • DigitalLink 3
            • Upgraded by Cullen to his Stage 4 version
          • Yggdrasil
            • Most current version
      • Combi
        • Sennheiser (Subject to Change)
          • HDVD800

Jan 25, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #60 of 174
FINALLY!!!!

Well done you! It's on my schedule.

I could conceivably bring the following (though I'm not sure if all are relevant):

Schiit Modi 3
Schiit Magni 3
Schiit Fulla 2
Schiit Freya (non-smoking edition :)) )
Schiit Vidar
Oppo 3 Phones
Grado SR80e
Various Raspberry Pi streamer endpoints

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread