Carolina CanFest 6. 17FEB2018. 10-1500. Concord, NC. CFD Station 7
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 15, 2018 at 12:03 PM Post #376 of 424
I have not seen the box from Gearbest yet so doorprizes may not be what we hoped. I'll keep an email list on my table and we will draw numbers and send them after the fact if need be.

Feb 15, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #378 of 424
I've been debating a Jote for office use, may have to put a thank you note in with the order :wink:

Feb 15, 2018 at 8:00 PM Post #380 of 424
I'm sorry to say that I will no longer be able to attend, my grandfather is going to pass away any day now so I have to be at home.

I'm so sorry to hear that my friend. I wish you and your family the best.

Feb 15, 2018 at 9:07 PM Post #382 of 424
Playing the rag and yggy with the Ether and THX00 for the guys at the station. Notice the smiles, this is why I love this hobby and watching and listening to new listeners finally hearing what music can sound like.
IMG_4849.jpg

Feb 15, 2018 at 9:19 PM Post #383 of 424
Playing the rag and yggy with the Ether and THX00 for the guys at the station. Notice the smiles, this is why I love this hobby and watching and listening to new listeners finally hearing what music can sound like.
So excited, I can't wait!!! (He's got the Ethers on backwards tho)

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2018 at 7:42 AM Post #385 of 424
jazzk here how early can we get to station to set up? super excited!!!!!!! I'am bringing my own table by the way

Feb 16, 2018 at 7:43 AM Post #386 of 424
Sorry to throw a monkey wrench into the works but my attorneys just contacted me. They now say that the $550,000 for the use of the name “CanFest” MUST, I repeat MUUUST be paid prior to the event. Otherwise, the police will show up, shut it down and arrest ALL attendees (except me If course) AND ALL equipment will be confiscated and given to me.

Sorry guys and gals. I just have to go with how my attorneys advise me. After all, it’s all about the money. I also hate the idea that all of you will be arrested for “CanFest Abuse”, which is a felony, and will now have a criminal record which will follow you until you die. No jury of your peers will find you innocent. And there might even be prison sentences involved. I hope you don’t mind rooming with Bubba and his “special” friends.

I’m also sorry that this is how it turned out for this affair. Speaking of affairs, this seems to be the ONLY type of affair of which I am now capable. This makes me so sad. I’m sure you all feel my pain and I appreciate your sympathy. You are so nice and I am such a jerk.

OK, got to go. I’ve got to get back to my Sensitivity Training class.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2018 at 7:49 AM Post #387 of 424
My attorney suggested we just change the name to "Carolina Canfeast/ The Dannyb uses beats and is tone deaf fundraiser". since it includes food it is still a good name and can help a less than worthy cause.

Feb 16, 2018 at 8:29 AM Post #388 of 424
As far as using the Beats and being tone deaf you’ll get no argument from me.

Since the term “CanFest” has been PUBLICLY used/abused on this site, multiple times, there is no turning back. Trying to change the name now will not work.

However, if the food is really good this could reduce this from a felony down to a misdemeanor. My team of legal eagles tells me this will be at my option.

Feb 16, 2018 at 8:52 AM Post #389 of 424
The food is Schiit so that doesn't bode well for the home team.

Feb 16, 2018 at 9:23 AM Post #390 of 424
That’s pretty damn clever. I may make an exception in your case regarding being arrested, or not. How’s that for stress and pressure? And to think you were going to have fun this event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back