Carolina CanFest 6. 17FEB2018. 10-1500. Concord, NC. CFD Station 7
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 7, 2018 at 7:37 AM Post #256 of 424
The uhaul would be a last case. I've a couple guys who're gonna try and lend me some tables they own.

Feb 7, 2018 at 10:39 AM Post #257 of 424
I've got one I can use for my stuff so that'll save at least one more.

Feb 7, 2018 at 3:54 PM Post #259 of 424
I hope I'm not too late! I live a few hours away (Wilmington) but I'm just saw this, and I'll be trying to make this. My own collection is limited (Sennheiser momentum v1, m1060, DT770, monks, and a Fiio e10k). Is that worth bringing?

Absolutely - I'd love to hear the 1060s as I have started to buy those a half dozen times.

Feb 7, 2018 at 4:06 PM Post #260 of 424
I think we may have another cool headphone at the meet - working out the details now. Think Tents, flames, and small waterfalls.

Feb 7, 2018 at 4:26 PM Post #261 of 424
I'm quite curious to attend as well. I don't have much to show off currently.

SHP9500s, which several other people will no doubt have.

Status CB-1s which can answer anyone's nagging curiosity about those.

An XDuoo XD-05 dac/amp with the Burson Audio V5i op-amp upgrade... this will probably be the most interesting. Pretty serious portable amp actually.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2018 at 4:30 PM Post #262 of 424
We are all at different places on the curve, some are young and just starting out, others have their end-game all worked out. Half the fun is learning from everyone else's experiences. I know I have less expensive gear than some due to other obligations, but that will never stop me from going, offering anything I have for others to try, and learning something new each time. If all you bring is your ears and a good attitude, that is what counts most.

Feb 7, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #263 of 424
I hope I'm not too late! I live a few hours away (Wilmington) but I'm just saw this, and I'll be trying to make this. My own collection is limited (Sennheiser momentum v1, m1060, DT770, monks, and a Fiio e10k). Is that worth bringing?

I'm quite curious to attend as well. I don't have much to show off currently.

SHP9500s, which several other people will no doubt have.

Status CB-1s which can answer anyone's nagging curiosity about those.

An XDuoo XD-05 portable amp with the Burson Audio V5i op-amp upgrade... this will probably be the most interesting.

I love hearing both top of the line and entry-level stuff

Actually haven't heard SHP9500 yet so I'm excited for that

As well as hearing the DT 1770 and the m1060

I'll also have a wide variety of stuff at my table from entry-level to mid-range all the way up to top of the line if you want to get an idea of how things change as you move through the different price points

Feb 7, 2018 at 4:47 PM Post #264 of 424
We are all at different places on the curve, some are young and just starting out, others have their end-game all worked out. Half the fun is learning from everyone else's experiences. I know I have less expensive gear than some due to other obligations, but that will never stop me from going, offering anything I have for others to try, and learning something new each time. If all you bring is your ears and a good attitude, that is what counts most.

Feb 7, 2018 at 6:29 PM Post #266 of 424

Absolutely not!! We'd certainly love to have you and glad you can make it!

@Vatnos I got you down as well my friend, and what @Wiljen said could NOT have been said any better.

Amen my friend. Beautifully said.

Feb 7, 2018 at 7:07 PM Post #267 of 424
You should definitely come, I'd really like to here everything you're bringing.

Feb 7, 2018 at 8:55 PM Post #269 of 424
So, the MX4s came in, and they're the strangest Audeze headphones I've tried. They're really apart from the rest of the LCD line.
Is it not similar to the LCD-4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back