Carolina CanFest 6. 17FEB2018. 10-1500. Concord, NC. CFD Station 7
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 3, 2018 at 4:46 PM Post #241 of 424
I'm looking forward to listening to everything you're bringing.

This thing should be a blast. I hope we can get it really building so it will be an every year thing for me. We need more meets in the area. NY, CHI, LA all great, but all too far to justify a weekend trip for me.

Feb 3, 2018 at 5:45 PM Post #242 of 424
I fully plan on making this a yearly event. Rather I'm the one being a host or someone else takes the reigns. I've also learned several lessons with this meet. Namely to look and see what other LARGE events are going on at the same time, I'm sad to admit I've missed out on at least 4 vendors/companies making an appearance due to them allocating resources towards the larger meet.

Again, I'm going to place the order for the food hopefully Wednesday. PLEASE, take a second to look over your name in the list on page one. If you're bringing a guest OR EVEN IF IT'S A POSSIBILITY please check to ensure the correct number of guests is next to your name, and if not. please comment to inform me.

Feb 3, 2018 at 7:19 PM Post #246 of 424
haha well, if you'll check out the first page at what's being brought to the meet you'll be so fulla Schiit you won't know what to do with yourself XD

Feb 4, 2018 at 9:43 AM Post #247 of 424
I'm really looking forward to playing with the Loki. I tried to order one, but it's back-ordered until the 22nd. Has anyone else had a chance to try it?

Feb 5, 2018 at 5:16 PM Post #248 of 424
Hey guys!

I recently found out @Wiljen is a big gas stove collector and he mentioned bringing one to show me as and that got me thinking that maybe we could do a cook out after the meet. That said, we reached out to @Army-Firedawg and he ok'd it!

So if you guys are ok with that do let us know! AN if that idea is alright then I'll open a poll for what meat

Feb 5, 2018 at 6:25 PM Post #249 of 424
If anybody has old Coleman stuff, I can be easily led astray :wink:

HGP Tank FIll Side.jpg

This one is about 9 inches across the burner the tank is 3 gallons for reference sake, and 45000 BTU

IMG_0444.JPG

This one is a 1944 Military Sterilization stove that was used in a field hospital in WWII. Burners are 5000 BTU each. Tank is about 3/4 of a gallon. I use this one with a big flattop to roast coffee.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #250 of 424
Hey guys, an update right quick. The room currently only has 12 tables available (I believed it had 16 as of last time I walked in the room)!! So if you ANY size table PLEASE bring it!!! I've a friend who's gonna try and bring 3 of his and hopefully I can mooch some off of others as well but still, if you've a table please bring it.

Feb 6, 2018 at 2:39 PM Post #251 of 424
I've got one I'll be bringing for sure would like to have two more but I can see if I can manage to fit it all on just one

That said everybody be extra careful when handling the gear on the table especially if it's crowded and take your time, most of all if something is too far for you to reach and you feel that you need to lean over the table to get it

do not lean over the table and reach for something please

ask one of us for help

my wife will be attending my table if I'm not and if necessary I'm sure that anybody would be happy to help, I want everybody to be comfortable and safe and don't feel that you need to overextend yourself or hurry

I believe they're going to be duplicates of some very high interest headphones in attendance so everybody should have a chance to hear them

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #253 of 424
What about a party rental place?

Just sent out an email to a local party place for a quote on 5 tables.

EDIT: An issue I may run into is that I've only a small Avenger so I'm unsure how much room I'm going to have to transport stuff.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2018 at 6:49 PM Post #254 of 424
I should be able to bring a table.

Feb 6, 2018 at 9:23 PM Post #255 of 424
Just sent out an email to a local party place for a quote on 5 tables.

EDIT: An issue I may run into is that I've only a small Avenger so I'm unsure how much room I'm going to have to transport stuff.

Well uHaul rents a small truck for like $20 a day here in SC, depending on how early the party store opens and how early/available/close a uHaul rental is to the meet I wouldn't mind picking up the tables and hauling my things+some extra tables in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back