Cardas Smurf Cables for Senn HD-600
post-147557
Thread Starter
Post #1 of 36

kwkarth

Electronics guys... we have our plusses and minuses. With advent of digital everything, we're being phased out
Joined
Sep 30, 2001
Messages
10,307
Reaction score
97
Joined
Sep 30, 2001
Posts
10,307
Likes
97
My Cardas HD-600 replacement cables arrived today and even though they're not broken in, I can tell a not too subtle improvement already. The bass is for sure improved over the stock cables and the hole in the mids does seem to be filled in better. This is cool!! Will they unseat the AKG-501s??? Time will tell. I'll keep you all posted.
I'm not entirely sure but it seems like the soundstaging may be improved as well!
 
     Share This Post       
post-147562
Post #2 of 36

YoNni22

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
May 28, 2002
Messages
136
Reaction score
0
Joined
May 28, 2002
Posts
136
Likes
0
How long did it take you to get your order? I ordered mine almost 20 days ago and I'm still waiting.
 
     Share This Post       
post-147565
Post #3 of 36

Nezer

Antibacterial soap... kills bacteria... bad karma?
Joined
Dec 6, 2001
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
13
Joined
Dec 6, 2001
Posts
1,273
Likes
13
Quote:

Originally posted by YoNni22
How long did it take you to get your order? I ordered mine almost 20 days ago and I'm still waiting.


Headroom has a serious backorder on these things. Cardas only ships them about 30 cables each month and the demand has been outpacing the supply. I ordered mine about 2 weeks ago and don't expect anything for at least 3 weeks as I didn't have my order in-time to make that last shipment.

In the meantime it's K501s and Koss run into the portable 120 Ohm adapter that came with the Porta Corda pushed into the 120 Ohm output of the Corda.
 
     Share This Post       
post-147566
Post #4 of 36

YoNni22

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
May 28, 2002
Messages
136
Reaction score
0
Joined
May 28, 2002
Posts
136
Likes
0
Hmmm... They should say that on the website. When I ordered, the cables were "in stock". Now the cables are available in "1 week" which is not true. I'm a little disappointed because I spent extra money on express shipping hoping that they will be here asap. If I had known that the order would take this long, I would've asked for regular shipping.
 
     Share This Post       
post-147610
Post #5 of 36

Nezer

Antibacterial soap... kills bacteria... bad karma?
Joined
Dec 6, 2001
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
13
Joined
Dec 6, 2001
Posts
1,273
Likes
13
Quote:

Originally posted by YoNni22
Hmmm... They should say that on the website. When I ordered, the cables were "in stock". Now the cables are available in "1 week" which is not true. I'm a little disappointed because I spent extra money on express shipping hoping that they will be here asap. If I had known that the order would take this long, I would've asked for regular shipping.


Call em and let them know. There are other options and I suppose it's not to late to cancel your order and get the cable from Todd R for $140. I'm using the certificate I got for volunteering so I don't really mind waiting.

Now, I suppose it is possible that thier web page is more up-to-date than I am. They may have had a conversation with Cardas and explained that they are getting killed with orders for these things and Cardas may be stepping-up shipments.

I'm going to take this to the Headroom forum where it may be more properly addressed and a better fit.
 
     Share This Post       
post-147625
Post #6 of 36

DeanA

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Mar 15, 2002
Messages
319
Reaction score
10
Joined
Mar 15, 2002
Posts
319
Likes
10
Quote:

Originally posted by kwkarth
My Cardas HD-600 replacement cables arrived today and even though they're not broken in, I can tell a not too subtle improvement already.


Mine arrived today as well and I could hardly believe the difference they made! I guess cables do matter.
 
     Share This Post       
post-147669
Post #7 of 36

kwkarth

Electronics guys... we have our plusses and minuses. With advent of digital everything, we're being phased out
Joined
Sep 30, 2001
Messages
10,307
Reaction score
97
Joined
Sep 30, 2001
Posts
10,307
Likes
97
Quote:

Originally posted by YoNni22
How long did it take you to get your order? I ordered mine almost 20 days ago and I'm still waiting.


I placed my name on the list at least a month ago, maybe longer. They just called Friday to say they were ready to ship, and they arrived today. It has been so long I almost forgot I ordered them. It was worth the wait!

Happy Listening!
 
     Share This Post       
post-147671
Post #8 of 36

YoNni22

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
May 28, 2002
Messages
136
Reaction score
0
Joined
May 28, 2002
Posts
136
Likes
0
I fully understand that this cable is backordered but they should really say that on the website so it will not deceive people. I was overjoyed when I saw that they were in stock and that was the main reason I ordered them. I glad to hear people are enjoying the cable though.
 
     Share This Post       
post-147679
Post #9 of 36

Nezer

Antibacterial soap... kills bacteria... bad karma?
Joined
Dec 6, 2001
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
13
Joined
Dec 6, 2001
Posts
1,273
Likes
13
Quote:

Originally posted by YoNni22
I fully understand that this cable is backordered but they should really say that on the website so it will not deceive people. I was overjoyed when I saw that they were in stock and that was the main reason I ordered them. I glad to hear people are enjoying the cable though.


I agree and I'm sure that the webpage was probably lagged behind the reality for a bit...

This is also why I posted this in the headroom forum so they could respond to your concerns.

I'm sure there was never the intent of decieving anyone. Headroom just isn't that kind of company. Regardless, something did happen and you did not get what you expected and you should let them know and at least give them a chance to explain.
 
     Share This Post       
post-147701
Post #10 of 36

bootman

King o'Ping
Joined
Jun 22, 2001
Messages
3,308
Reaction score
10
Joined
Jun 22, 2001
Posts
3,308
Likes
10
Quote:

Originally posted by kwkarth
My Cardas HD-600 replacement cables arrived today and even though they're not broken in, I can tell a not too subtle improvement already. The bass is for sure improved over the stock cables and the hole in the mids does seem to be filled in better. This is cool!! Will they unseat the AKG-501s??? Tine will tell. I'll keep you all posted.
I'm not entirely sure but it seems like the soundstaging may be improved as well!


For me the Cardias was one of the biggest surprises at the Headroom NY tour. I was shocked at the difference.
 
     Share This Post       
post-147827
Post #11 of 36

Nezer

Antibacterial soap... kills bacteria... bad karma?
Joined
Dec 6, 2001
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
13
Joined
Dec 6, 2001
Posts
1,273
Likes
13
Quote:

Originally posted by bootman


For me the Cardias was one of the biggest surprises at the Headroom NY tour. I was shocked at the difference.


Same here... Before that, while I knew a cable makes a difference in the sound, I didn't think it made *THAT* much difference in the sound!!

I found the Equinox close but, to my ears, the Cardas edged it out by a hair in detail in the high-end rack through the HP4. The difference I was hearing between the two could also be due to the headphones as well.

Either way, I decided to sell the Clou Red and order myself a Cardas which I'm now awaiting patiently. In the meantime My HD600s are stuck in the headroom bag until I get SOME sort of cable for them.
 
     Share This Post       
post-147829
Post #12 of 36

kelly

Herr Babelfish der Übersetzer, he wore a whipped-cream-covered tutu for this title.
Joined
Jan 1, 2002
Messages
5,435
Reaction score
11
Joined
Jan 1, 2002
Posts
5,435
Likes
11
Quote:

Originally posted by kwkarth
My Cardas HD-600 replacement cables arrived today and even though they're not broken in, I can tell a not too subtle improvement already. The bass is for sure improved over the stock cables and the hole in the mids does seem to be filled in better. This is cool!! Will they unseat the AKG-501s??? Time will tell.


One of us. One of us.
 
     Share This Post       
post-147865
Post #13 of 36

Kubernetes

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Nov 5, 2001
Messages
372
Reaction score
10
Joined
Nov 5, 2001
Posts
372
Likes
10
Quote:

For me the Cardias was one of the biggest surprises at the Headroom NY tour. I was shocked at the difference.


Agreed. Almost made me wish I hadn't sold my 580s.
 
     Share This Post       
post-147965
Post #14 of 36

Driftwood

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Feb 21, 2002
Messages
488
Reaction score
12
Joined
Feb 21, 2002
Posts
488
Likes
12
dang, sorry to hear there is still such a backorder. I am glad I jumped on the opportunity and got one of the initial run. It has been sitting in my system happily for a couple of months now.


I'd be interested to compare my cable with a recently purchased one to see if there are any differences due to burn-in.

Anyway, enjoy your cables when the come fellas!

Driftwood
 
     Share This Post       
post-148038
Post #15 of 36

Todd R

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Sep 27, 2001
Messages
4,156
Reaction score
80
Joined
Sep 27, 2001
Posts
4,156
Likes
80
Quote:

Originally posted by Nezer


Call em and let them know. There are other options and I suppose it's not to late to cancel your order and get the cable from Todd R for $140. I'm using the certificate I got for volunteering so I don't really mind waiting.

Now, I suppose it is possible that thier web page is more up-to-date than I am. They may have had a conversation with Cardas and explained that they are getting killed with orders for these things and Cardas may be stepping-up shipments.

I'm going to take this to the Headroom forum where it may be more properly addressed and a better fit.


Hey Nezer,
I talked to Cardas yesterday, and they told me it would still be a couple weeks for the cables. I don't have any yet either, I was just trying to find out who wanted some in advance.
Todd R
 
     Share This Post       

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top