Cardas Smurf Cables for Senn HD-600
Jun 25, 2002 at 12:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

kwkarth

Electronics guys... we have our plusses and minuses. With advent of digital everything, we're being phased out
My Cardas HD-600 replacement cables arrived today and even though they're not broken in, I can tell a not too subtle improvement already. The bass is for sure improved over the stock cables and the hole in the mids does seem to be filled in better. This is cool!! Will they unseat the AKG-501s??? Time will tell. I'll keep you all posted.
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
I'm not entirely sure but it seems like the soundstaging may be improved as well!

Jun 25, 2002 at 1:04 AM Post #2 of 36
How long did it take you to get your order? I ordered mine almost 20 days ago and I'm still waiting.

Jun 25, 2002 at 1:08 AM Post #3 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by YoNni22
How long did it take you to get your order? I ordered mine almost 20 days ago and I'm still waiting.

Headroom has a serious backorder on these things. Cardas only ships them about 30 cables each month and the demand has been outpacing the supply. I ordered mine about 2 weeks ago and don't expect anything for at least 3 weeks as I didn't have my order in-time to make that last shipment.

In the meantime it's K501s and Koss run into the portable 120 Ohm adapter that came with the Porta Corda pushed into the 120 Ohm output of the Corda.

Jun 25, 2002 at 1:13 AM Post #4 of 36
Hmmm... They should say that on the website. When I ordered, the cables were "in stock". Now the cables are available in "1 week" which is not true. I'm a little disappointed because I spent extra money on express shipping hoping that they will be here asap. If I had known that the order would take this long, I would've asked for regular shipping.

Jun 25, 2002 at 2:29 AM Post #5 of 36
Quote:

Hmmm... They should say that on the website. When I ordered, the cables were "in stock". Now the cables are available in "1 week" which is not true. I'm a little disappointed because I spent extra money on express shipping hoping that they will be here asap. If I had known that the order would take this long, I would've asked for regular shipping.

Call em and let them know. There are other options and I suppose it's not to late to cancel your order and get the cable from Todd R for $140. I'm using the certificate I got for volunteering so I don't really mind waiting.

Now, I suppose it is possible that thier web page is more up-to-date than I am. They may have had a conversation with Cardas and explained that they are getting killed with orders for these things and Cardas may be stepping-up shipments.

I'm going to take this to the Headroom forum where it may be more properly addressed and a better fit.

Jun 25, 2002 at 2:54 AM Post #6 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by kwkarth
My Cardas HD-600 replacement cables arrived today and even though they're not broken in, I can tell a not too subtle improvement already.

Mine arrived today as well and I could hardly believe the difference they made! I guess cables do matter.
wink.gif

Jun 25, 2002 at 3:40 AM Post #7 of 36
Quote:

I placed my name on the list at least a month ago, maybe longer. They just called Friday to say they were ready to ship, and they arrived today. It has been so long I almost forgot I ordered them. It was worth the wait!

Happy Listening!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 25, 2002 at 3:45 AM Post #8 of 36
I fully understand that this cable is backordered but they should really say that on the website so it will not deceive people. I was overjoyed when I saw that they were in stock and that was the main reason I ordered them. I glad to hear people are enjoying the cable though.

Jun 25, 2002 at 4:02 AM Post #9 of 36
Quote:

I fully understand that this cable is backordered but they should really say that on the website so it will not deceive people. I was overjoyed when I saw that they were in stock and that was the main reason I ordered them. I glad to hear people are enjoying the cable though.

I agree and I'm sure that the webpage was probably lagged behind the reality for a bit...

This is also why I posted this in the headroom forum so they could respond to your concerns.

I'm sure there was never the intent of decieving anyone. Headroom just isn't that kind of company. Regardless, something did happen and you did not get what you expected and you should let them know and at least give them a chance to explain.

Jun 25, 2002 at 4:29 AM Post #10 of 36
Quote:

My Cardas HD-600 replacement cables arrived today and even though they're not broken in, I can tell a not too subtle improvement already. The bass is for sure improved over the stock cables and the hole in the mids does seem to be filled in better. This is cool!! Will they unseat the AKG-501s??? Tine will tell. I'll keep you all posted.
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
I'm not entirely sure but it seems like the soundstaging may be improved as well!

For me the Cardias was one of the biggest surprises at the Headroom NY tour. I was shocked at the difference.

Jun 25, 2002 at 12:52 PM Post #11 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by bootman

For me the Cardias was one of the biggest surprises at the Headroom NY tour. I was shocked at the difference.

Same here... Before that, while I knew a cable makes a difference in the sound, I didn't think it made *THAT* much difference in the sound!!

I found the Equinox close but, to my ears, the Cardas edged it out by a hair in detail in the high-end rack through the HP4. The difference I was hearing between the two could also be due to the headphones as well.

Either way, I decided to sell the Clou Red and order myself a Cardas which I'm now awaiting patiently. In the meantime My HD600s are stuck in the headroom bag until I get SOME sort of cable for them.

Jun 25, 2002 at 12:57 PM Post #12 of 36
Quote:

My Cardas HD-600 replacement cables arrived today and even though they're not broken in, I can tell a not too subtle improvement already. The bass is for sure improved over the stock cables and the hole in the mids does seem to be filled in better. This is cool!! Will they unseat the AKG-501s??? Time will tell.

One of us. One of us.

Jun 25, 2002 at 2:50 PM Post #13 of 36
Quote:

Agreed. Almost made me wish I hadn't sold my 580s.

Jun 25, 2002 at 6:29 PM Post #14 of 36
dang, sorry to hear there is still such a backorder. I am glad I jumped on the opportunity and got one of the initial run. It has been sitting in my system happily for a couple of months now.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'd be interested to compare my cable with a recently purchased one to see if there are any differences due to burn-in.

Anyway, enjoy your cables when the come fellas!

Driftwood

Jun 25, 2002 at 9:14 PM Post #15 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by Nezer

Call em and let them know. There are other options and I suppose it's not to late to cancel your order and get the cable from Todd R for $140. I'm using the certificate I got for volunteering so I don't really mind waiting.

Now, I suppose it is possible that thier web page is more up-to-date than I am. They may have had a conversation with Cardas and explained that they are getting killed with orders for these things and Cardas may be stepping-up shipments.

I'm going to take this to the Headroom forum where it may be more properly addressed and a better fit.

Hey Nezer,
I talked to Cardas yesterday, and they told me it would still be a couple weeks for the cables. I don't have any yet either, I was just trying to find out who wanted some in advance.
Todd R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back