Cardas Ear Speakers delayed but worth the wait!
Nov 10, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #271 of 453
6 dB at 19 kHz?!?!

Is that for you or your dog...LOL?

Lol, If you tried it, you would see that it's a parametric EQ shelf that extends to 2khz :rolleyes:

Nov 10, 2013 at 7:44 PM Post #272 of 453
I was hoping no one would ask lol.

There's a lot of detail masking, both because of the FR after 4khz and because of the general liquidity of the sound, it's almost an oiliness that weighs things down and won't wash off. Tonality is pretty off to my ears, especially in the midrange where some vocals almost sound squeaky and muted at the same time. Brass instruments immediately stand out as lacking... brass and crispness. Dynamics are good but bass is surprisingly soft in character for the levels and undermines the rest of it a little. Soundstage is spacious, deeper than wide, and well layered, but the images themselves are pretty fuzzy, albeit generally realistic, and details start to blend between layers (the EQ helps a lot here and you'd hopefully hear what I mean if you try it). There's also a bit of a problem with the layering being uneven, with nearer images being more compressed than those further back, relative to each other.

They're unique but I think there's a general lack of fidelity to back up the uniqueness given their market position.

And the cable I'm not a fan of. When they are pulled out of my ears as I just sit there, yea.

Thank you very much Vwinter, appreciate it.

There's a definite pattern forming from trusted impressions I've gathered regarding this earphone.  

Nov 10, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #274 of 453
Haha, i saw the q factor... I was just poking fun :D

:p

I don't even know if you own these, but if you do, give it a try and let me know what you think.

Nov 10, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #275 of 453
Thank you very much Vwinter, appreciate it.

There's a definite pattern forming from trusted impressions I've gathered regarding this earphone.  

Glad to help. There's definitely a variance of opinions on these. I think if you get a grip of what people look for in sound from those that do and don't like them, you'll likely see more overlap.

Nov 17, 2013 at 4:17 PM Post #276 of 453
The Cardas EM5813 is great in my opinion. The only problem is that they take an enormous amount of burn in before the reach their true potential. A burn in of 300 hours (at loud but not stupidly loud volume) is not nearly enough for hearing what they are capable of. I have around 500 hours on mine and I'm still hearing improvements. I can recommend using a FM-radio with mini-jack tuned between channels for the purpose.

Regards,
VB

Nov 23, 2013 at 4:12 PM Post #277 of 453
The Cardas EM5813 is great in my opinion. The only problem is that they take an enormous amount of burn in before the reach their true potential. A burn in of 300 hours (at loud but not stupidly loud volume) is not nearly enough for hearing what they are capable of. I have around 500 hours on mine and I'm still hearing improvements. I can recommend using a FM-radio with mini-jack tuned between channels for the purpose.

Regards,
VB

I can also attest to the above comments...I have found that unlike most of my phones, there was a very large improvement in SQ as the hours accumulated. I am pleased that the changes were for the better rather than for the worse!

Bass has tightened considerably and is more in balance with the rest of the sound spectrum. Highs no longer strike me as recessed, but are also well-balanced and quite true to life. Soundstage has realistic width and excellent perception of depth. I am running these directly from my DX50 and the synergy seems to be excellent. I do think the perform above their price point.

I did, however, find the stock dual-flange tip to be uncomfortable and hard to get a good seal, but using the largest Sony hybrid, the fit is quite secure and the seal is perfect.

Nov 30, 2013 at 12:40 PM Post #278 of 453
I can also attest to the above comments...I have found that unlike most of my phones, there was a very large improvement in SQ as the hours accumulated. I am pleased that the changes were for the better rather than for the worse!

Bass has tightened considerably and is more in balance with the rest of the sound spectrum. Highs no longer strike me as recessed, but are also well-balanced and quite true to life. Soundstage has realistic width and excellent perception of depth. I am running these directly from my DX50 and the synergy seems to be excellent. I do think the perform above their price point.

I did, however, find the stock dual-flange tip to be uncomfortable and hard to get a good seal, but using the largest Sony hybrid, the fit is quite secure and the seal is perfect.

it's some people who have spent the least amount of time with this wonderful earphone who seem to have the biggest criticisms. It's a great iem. 

Nov 30, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #279 of 453
Edited out.

Nov 30, 2013 at 1:43 PM Post #280 of 453
delete

Nov 30, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #281 of 453
My apologies. I felt it was an indirect statement as his was directly after mine. Guess I was wrong. Let me know if you want me to remove my prior post.

Nov 30, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #282 of 453
My apologies. I felt it was an indirect statement as his was directly after mine. Guess I was wrong. Let me know if you want me to remove my prior post.

It can stay. lol... You're entitled to your opinion about the Cardas too. Apology accepted. I don't take cheap shots at other people's opinions. I just wanted to make that clear. I'll take my response down now. Happy listening.

Nov 30, 2013 at 2:03 PM Post #283 of 453
Cool. Likewise removed.

Nov 30, 2013 at 2:26 PM Post #284 of 453
Nicely done gentlemen. You dont see that too often - its refreshing.
smile.gif

Dec 5, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #285 of 453
I am running these directly from my DX50 and the synergy seems to be excellent.

Any thoughts on how they sound straight out of the Tera Player?  For some reason I keep looking at them, my wallet would be very happy if you could tell me it's a terrible pairing
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back