Cardas Ear Speakers delayed but worth the wait!
Apr 7, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #422 of 453
I really like the Sony PC-234S Audio Plug Adaptor because it's a silver finish and is more flush in fit with my various amps.

Some follow up.

This adapter works brilliantly with the Ear Speakers.  

It is very problematic with any TRRS 1/8" connectors.  You have to get them just right, or it has a bad connection and the sound doesn't sound right.

Apr 10, 2015 at 12:08 PM Post #423 of 453
Hi all,

I just demo`d these for a long time yesterday and am totally blown away. Really beautiful sound and it was tough to take them off.  It was the shop`s demo set, out on display and so has seen a lot of action, output a lot of audio, and so must be 101% burned in.  

I recognize that the cable is heavy (though nicely pliant - the weight would be worse if the cable was stiff) but I always use a shirt-clip anyway with every IEM.  

I was just wondering if anyone has any comments about their experiences with various shirt clips with this cable.  I love the Fitear rotating shirt clip, and hope that it works.  I`m buying my own EM5813 tomorrow ! ! 

d

Aug 31, 2015 at 11:25 PM Post #425 of 453
I thought the shirt clip was a little too aggressive, and the extra etymotic clip I have was too wide to attach to the cord.  I had these tiny hair clips laying around that I used one out of a package for something I can't remember, anyway it doesn't go up or down the cable when not in use, and it grabs just enough shirt to work.  If someone has a better solutions I am all ears.

Sep 2, 2015 at 8:40 PM Post #426 of 453
Apparently, there's a new Cardas Ear Speaker model on the way. 

They just posted this video:

Sep 4, 2015 at 1:35 AM Post #428 of 453
I sure hope the "2015" wasn't a typo! If it follows the the same release time frame as the EM5813, that "5" might really be a "6".
rolleyes.gif

Sep 4, 2015 at 2:06 AM Post #429 of 453
I think it should be lighter since the housing appears to be plastic. Lighter would certainly be a welcomed change. 

May 13, 2016 at 12:32 AM Post #431 of 453
....just relaxing in a comfy armchair while resting my tired legs on an ottoman with the EM5813s playing some tunes..... I forgot how relaxing and fluid the sound of these gorgeous iems is! I am a big fan of amplified sound for the last word in control but from my iPhone 6+ I am not complaining a bit. I have been enjoying the Campfire Audio Andromedas but the the EM5813 just has that dark natural completely non-fatiguing sound one can get lost in and just let the world pause for a moment......

May 13, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #432 of 453
I was beginning to think I was the only one owning these. I would add that with the 2 flange tips that come with these I was not getting the tightest seal which was an issue say on airplanes. I tried the Sennheiser tri flange tips linked below (in white or black) and they work great. The large is pretty much the same size as the Etymotics version and so this is now just as tight a fit. http://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Eartips-Sennheiser-Earphone-Headsets/dp/B00E8SCPU8

May 13, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #433 of 453
I was beginning to think I was the only one owning these. I would add that with the 2 flange tips that come with these I was not getting the tightest seal which was an issue say on airplanes. I tried the Sennheiser tri flange tips linked below (in white or black) and they work great. The large is pretty much the same size as the Etymotics version and so this is now just as tight a fit. http://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Eartips-Sennheiser-Earphone-Headsets/dp/B00E8SCPU8

Me too! I feel that these iems have not gotten that much attention lately. Maybe due to the quirky features like the high quality but heavy & microphonic cable or fit issues? Anyway I due prefer the sound of the blue dual flange eartips be urged bring the treble out a little more but are not as comfortable to wear for long periods. I am currently using some comfy foam Comply ear tips which seal perfectly too.

May 13, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #434 of 453
Mine have the balanced cables option and get used out of the Pono and so I am getting really spooky levels of dark natural sound as you say. They match really well, but I will say every bad mix edit you don't ever pick up normally elsewhere really stands out now as it is so immersive.

Jun 18, 2016 at 1:08 AM Post #435 of 453
Hi All.  Based on what I've read I think the EM5813s may be what I'm looking for.  I have the A&K Layla's and just can't seem to get in to them.  Will likely list them for sale soon.  I've been using them with a Grace Design M903 and Tidal.  I also have HiFiMan HE1Ks which I use with the Coincident Turbo SE.  I find that pair magical but would like a rig that I can take with me to work or on a plane that will help me get lost in the music.  Does anyone with experience with all three headphones have any comments on whether this could be a good fit for me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back