car-fi
Jan 4, 2010 at 1:05 AM Post #91 of 1,421
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice 350Z, personally I like its overall looks over the 370Z.

Thanks yeah i prefer it well over the 370. If they put the 3.7 and the new interior in the 350z body id trade in in a heartbeat. I thought about trading up but id rather just mod the hell out of mine and love the way it looks.

Jan 4, 2010 at 8:35 AM Post #93 of 1,421
the problem with caddy is the fit,finish and materials are an insult for what they cost imo.

you can run a cts up to $55,000. i think that is absurd. of course then they discount it $20k. i like the way they look but they just feel cheap. look at the fuzzy carpet in the trunk. in cars for that price i do think the details matter.

an acura,lexus,bmw,mb,audi etc. is more car for your money in my opinion.

however, the gmc suv's are nicer than caddys i think. i do kind of like the gmc's.

music_man

Jan 4, 2010 at 4:46 PM Post #94 of 1,421
If I had the money I would trade my 370Z for a CTS w/ the Vette engine in a heartbeat!
wink.gif

Jan 4, 2010 at 11:15 PM Post #95 of 1,421
oh yeah the one with the supercharged z06 engine! that one is ok lol. who cares if it blows it's own doors off then haha. really it is a bargain too. the zr1 is way more money and can't take your family to dinner!

music_man

Jan 10, 2010 at 10:24 PM Post #97 of 1,421
Some lovely cars here.

The MGB is stunning. During the summer I helped a mechanic recover a 1965(?) MGB in red. It had only emerged from the barn about once a year and was in really nice condition. The owner asked me would I consider buying it but sadly there is no wa I could afford that.

I get around in a 1991 Land Rover Defender. It is cold, leaky and slow but I'm strangely attached to it.

Jan 11, 2010 at 9:02 AM Post #98 of 1,421
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I had the money I would trade my 370Z for a CTS w/ the Vette engine in a heartbeat!
wink.gif

Haha most people would! The CTS-V is a huge step up from a 370Z in pretty much all categories in my opinion.

Jan 11, 2010 at 11:43 PM Post #100 of 1,421
Oh yeah definitely. To be honest, I didn't know the first iteration of the CTS-V even existed before the current one came out and got rave reviews from everyone.

Jan 12, 2010 at 12:00 AM Post #101 of 1,421
Quote:

Originally Posted by plaidplatypus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone looking to buy a Mazda 3?

I actually just bought one. Mazda 3 SGT in graphite with far too many bells and whistles. Seeing as I was driving a 2000 Protege up until now, it's pretty fun.

Jan 16, 2010 at 1:46 AM Post #102 of 1,421
shopping cart into my 2010 s65
frown.gif
it does not matter if you got a new kia though. in a few months someone will spoil your party! i know no one will have pitty for me i don't expect any. a car is only new untill the minute you drive it off the showroom floor, i know this.

took it to a high end bodyshop. they said they'd pull the dent and paint the entire door. the guy said "honestly this car will be worth a lot less with that much bodywork than it will be with the dent!". so thats that. the first of many to come! enjoy the ride!

music_man

Jan 16, 2010 at 2:29 AM Post #103 of 1,421
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
shopping cart into my 2010 s65
frown.gif
it does not matter if you got a new kia though. in a few months someone will spoil your party! i know no one will have pitty for me i don't expect any. a car is only new untill the minute you drive it off the showroom floor, i know this.

took it to a high end bodyshop. they said they'd pull the dent and paint the entire door. the guy said "honestly this car will be worth a lot less with that much bodywork than it will be with the dent!". so thats that. the first of many to come! enjoy the ride!

music_man

How fast was the cart going to cause enough damage to require "that much bodywork"?? I've had my car get hit by a cart but it's never caused more damage then what a little PDR could fix (If I could be bothered to get it done, which I can't
tongue.gif
).

Jan 16, 2010 at 3:59 AM Post #104 of 1,421
is there a diy pdr?

i could try "dent busters". body shops always want to do what will make them the most money. at least this guy was honest. the dent is maybe 1/25" deep and 1/8" wide. indeed i drive the "anal" folks car and i guess i am being that way.

music_man

Jan 16, 2010 at 4:18 AM Post #105 of 1,421
As long as the impact didn't break the clear coat, a good body shop should be able to just pull the dent out. Not sure what the damage would be for a Merc but for most cars I'd assume around $100-150. It's worth it for a new car, on a ten year old car like mine, not so much.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back