Can't wait for ie400 and ie500
May 8, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #16 of 62
Its impossible to find a good picture of the cable. Are there 3 or 4 strands of the cable at the plug?
20190508_180759.jpg 20190508_180837.jpg 20190508_180852.jpg

May 8, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #18 of 62
Thanks for the pics! I asked because i wanted to know if its possible to turn the cable into a balanced one. So are there still 4 strands of the cable at the 3,5 mm connector?

May 8, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #19 of 62
Thanks for the pics! I asked because i wanted to know if its possible to turn the cable into a balanced one. So are there still 4 strands of the cable at the 3,5 mm connector?

Yes, 4 strands. you think it can be turned into balanced by changing 3.5 connector to say 4.4?

May 8, 2019 at 5:04 PM Post #22 of 62
So, on a further listening i can definitely confirm they have the same hardnes, chalky sound as ie800s a bit, but still, i find them very enjoyable and the tuning is of honest ,quality sound, definitely there big time.
To me, it's a question if they gonna get smoother and more refined with burn in, if they do, it'll be competing with most top dogs

May 8, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #23 of 62
I didnt find the IE800 to have hardness and definetly not the IE800S. I did think the original IE800 treble was a bit brittle though, they fixed that in the S model but it lost its vibrancy.

May 9, 2019 at 5:05 AM Post #24 of 62
So, on a further listening i can definitely confirm they have the same hardnes, chalky sound as ie800s a bit, but still, i find them very enjoyable and the tuning is of honest ,quality sound, definitely there big time.
To me, it's a question if they gonna get smoother and more refined with burn in, if they do, it'll be competing with most top dogs
you own some of the most talked bout iems, like legend x and solaris, and do you really feel the ie500 pro can fit among those flagships and get play time when you have solaris and legend x.

May 9, 2019 at 5:18 AM Post #25 of 62
you own some of the most talked bout iems, like legend x and solaris, and do you really feel the ie500 pro can fit among those flagships and get play time when you have solaris and legend x.
I do, but lets give it 3 days or so, it is different in a way that its an honest top sound, noone tried pleasing audiofools here lol. Its ultra comfortable, small and ultra light, almost to the point of feeling a little cheap(not in a bad way). Bass is awesome, i wouldn't miss LX that much in that respect tho it is still better(different), its mainly the chalkiness that needs to go with burn in, but it's so clear and clean and that one DD no crossover is cool, even the totl hybrid BA used for mids and top are sounding a little unnatural now.
I like the ie500 because it does things as well as any top pro tool and doesn't care about trends and asian/eu markets, it just sounds right.
On the other hand, i can see others thinking it sounds a little hard, lacking sweetness in mids perhaps, wasn't tuned for that, lushness, soundstage probably not on par with totl iem, but clarity and tonality class leading

Last edited:
May 9, 2019 at 2:24 PM Post #27 of 62
I do, but lets give it 3 days or so, it is different in a way that its an honest top sound, noone tried pleasing audiofools here lol. Its ultra comfortable, small and ultra light, almost to the point of feeling a little cheap(not in a bad way). Bass is awesome, i wouldn't miss LX that much in that respect tho it is still better(different), its mainly the chalkiness that needs to go with burn in, but it's so clear and clean and that one DD no crossover is cool, even the totl hybrid BA used for mids and top are sounding a little unnatural now.
I like the ie500 because it does things as well as any top pro tool and doesn't care about trends and asian/eu markets, it just sounds right.
On the other hand, i can see others thinking it sounds a little hard, lacking sweetness in mids perhaps, wasn't tuned for that, lushness, soundstage probably not on par with totl iem, but clarity and tonality class leading

sounds really promising

can you tell me bout mids are they affected by the bass

May 9, 2019 at 5:33 PM Post #28 of 62
sounds really promising

can you tell me bout mids are they affected by the bass
Absolutely no bleeding.
I've done some more listening, i still like them, compared to Solaris today, considering there's almost 1k difference, i wouldn't say it feels like a step down necessarily, of course S is better, it is such a special iem, it amazes me every time, so open,clear, holographic, refined,everything really.
But ie500 is still here and i am happy listening to it for long time, soundstage is smaller, as its the one driver only, mids and highs have a little less separation or room to breath, sound a little congested next to Solaris or LX, but again all is there in terms of details and clarity, voices and instruments are great, especially guitars, bass guitars, fantastic for electronic music too.any bass notes are tops, tho solo violin sounded a little veiled today.
Anyway, sorry about the very scattered impressions, but im just saying it as i hear it as i go.
Point is, yes, i have totl iems and LX and Solaris are both so incredible that i don't think I'll ever sell these, too special in so many unbeatable ways, but IE500 costs a lot less and does so much right, it doesn't feel like a big step down, bass is as good as any, the rest is good too, but as its tuned to be used professionally, say, LX is more lush,laidback, made for you to sit back and enjoy, 500 sounds definitely more monitoring kinda sq, but it doesn't lack fun,never the boring kind

Users who are viewing this thread

Back