Cans that cannot be heard from the outside
May 4, 2011 at 11:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

JoshKrak

New Head-Fier
I have a pair of SE530 IEM but I'm looking to get a pair of full size headphones. I love the sound of the 530's but am curious of the difference to full sized. I have around $700 to drop. I'll be using them in an office setting so the only requirement I have is that people around me should not be disturbed; sound doesn't leak out. Any suggestions?

May 5, 2011 at 12:25 AM Post #3 of 7
Do you need a lot of isolation or just phones that are quite on the outside?

The biggest difference I notice is that full size phones don't leave my ear canals sore.  

May 5, 2011 at 12:38 PM Post #4 of 7
It's pretty quiet in here so I'm not worried about isolation.

I figured closed ear headphones would be the way to go. I forgot to mention though, that I once tried the Denon AH-A100 but I was not impressed by the sound quality (highs seemed to be severly lacking). In addition, you could easily hear what was playing from the outside even at low to moderate volumes. I returned them the next day.

Phos reminded me of another requirement. They should be comfortable for long listening periods; upwards of 6-8 hours per day sometimes for 5 hours straight. As for the SE530's, my canals used to hurt but after 3 years of use, averaging over 30 hr/wk, I'm quite sure I've adapted.

May 5, 2011 at 12:54 PM Post #6 of 7
Seriously, almost everything, but here's a scale of genres from most listed to-to least

Trance->Dubstep/Glitch->Pop->Rock->Dub->Contemporary Classical/Piano->Rap->Motown->Jazz/Lounge->Country

Users who are viewing this thread

Back