CanMania 2014 @ Capital Audiofest: Impressions & Reports
Jul 30, 2014 at 3:46 AM Post #106 of 123

The one rig that I most enjoyed... ever... even more than an Orpheus audition... was an 007 Mk I via a KGSSHV.  It was just about perfect.  I envy you, as I have yet to hear an 007 Mk I driven by a BHSE, despite the fact that HeadAmp is at every meet and show II'm at.  I think that's because I'm a co-organizer at every meet and show I'm at, and never get to listen to anything. 
redface.gif

Enjoying the write ups Warren...and living vicariously through those....what you said above resonates..and how.. That is exactly my stat rig as well... I guess the BHSE may be "better" but hey I don't want to find out (at least for now 
biggrin.gif
).

Properly driven, the SR-007 Mk I is an amazing experience.  Absolutely and breathtakingly lifelike, without the SR-009's rather unrealistic hyper-detail.  Next chance I get, I'll check it out with the BHSE and let you know if you're safe or destined for some inner turmoil. 
tongue.gif

Jul 30, 2014 at 3:59 AM Post #107 of 123

For everyone that went to CanMania, I have question for y'all...

Do you have any suggestions for how to improve CanMania in the years to come?

Jul 30, 2014 at 4:27 AM Post #108 of 123

Properly driven, the SR-007 Mk I is an amazing experience.  Absolutely and breathtakingly lifelike, without the SR-009's rather unrealistic hyper-detail.  Next chance I get, I'll check it out with the BHSE and let you know if you're safe or destined for some inner turmoil. 
tongue.gif

Now the unofficial slogan (or is it official) of Head-fi makes all the more sense 
biggrin.gif
. Actually, I might as well order the BHSE now, given that it takes quite a while to be delivered. I won't hurt as much right away... But, I will wait for your impressions.
beerchug.gif

Jul 30, 2014 at 8:30 PM Post #110 of 123
Jul 30, 2014 at 8:32 PM Post #111 of 123
  Dang it Lee! I was still only half awake in this picture!

Quote:

But this picture is pretty great.

I had a great time at Captial Audiofest last weekend. Great seeing everyone again and as always, a blast when we come together.

Hey Jimmy, post a bit more! And you may catch up to me and others!
biggrin.gif

But it was great meeting you, Owen, and all the other great guys at CAF! 
beerchug.gif

Jul 31, 2014 at 12:37 AM Post #112 of 123

For everyone that went to CanMania, I have question for y'all...

Do you have any suggestions for how to improve CanMania in the years to come?

three days went by so fast. 

Jul 31, 2014 at 8:09 AM Post #114 of 123
  Dang it Lee! I was still only half awake in this picture!

Quote:

But this picture is pretty great.

I had a great time at Captial Audiofest last weekend. Great seeing everyone again and as always, a blast when we come together.

Thanks Jimmy and Owen -had a blast with you guys and everyone who was there. Could  not have been better hangin with you peeps.

Jul 31, 2014 at 8:19 AM Post #115 of 123
Again I wanted to thank everyone for what will be my last show that I will be organizing. Headphone.Guru is requiring 100 percent of my time now. Thanks to everyone who came and made it a successful show. i appreciate the help from John Williams at the meet and for Mercer for making me have some laughs and the brotherhood.Warren for his help and for the people who were committed and dedicated. Gary Gill for his best effort and his friendship. To my friends who supported an upcoming show and to Cousin Kenny for his friendship and bringing Mercer to the show every day. To Owen Kwon for hanging out with us and the awesome 1AM breakfast suggestion and his generosity for picking up dinner. To my friend Lee Shelly for helping Cavalli so his company could attend and especially to all our vendors and friends who made the CanMania possible. My true felt heart and should go out to everyone for your continued support and I look forward to supporting everyone and also for the friendships and brotherhood we have. 

I could never have pulled this off without the community and it is strong and united. There is nothing else in audio history that can compare to what we have going on. Thanks and Love you all. Big shout out to all my Vendors for their LOVE and SUPPORT

Jul 31, 2014 at 9:53 AM Post #116 of 123
Frank,

Thanks for making it happen.  It was fun hanging out at the booth and getting to know you a little.  Continued success with Headguru...and I'm sure you will.  best,  Fred

Jul 31, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #117 of 123
Great to meet you Mike.  I love that you love what you do so much.  You could have kept me LMAO for hours had it not been for, well, the audio show in the background.  
See you at the next one I hope.

Aug 1, 2014 at 10:08 PM Post #119 of 123
I would like to give you guys my experience at CAF. I will say this was the first meet/convention I have ever been to. The people were extremely kind and sharing. I came to CAF expecting to be blown away. Hearing things that I thought was not possible. I have never heard headphones better than DT990's, never heard a DAC better than my Asus Essence ST. As you can see in my sig I am a speaker guy. The moment I heard my speaker set up I sold my Amperiors. Well the headphones were impressive but really did realize I am still a speaker guy. I honestly thought the HD800's could have had more soundstage. The only headphone that I felt was not a headphone was the Stax SR-009, and that is only the most expensive headphone in the world. Was really impressed with the speakers systems but not blown away as I expected I would be. Main thing I came away with was an appreciation for my speaker rig. And that you don't need to spend a lot of money to enjoy 90-95% of what that guy with 100K speakers has. Those are just my two cents. 

Aug 2, 2014 at 7:12 AM Post #120 of 123
  I would like to give you guys my experience at CAF. I will say this was the first meet/convention I have ever been to. The people were extremely kind and sharing. I came to CAF expecting to be blown away. Hearing things that I thought was not possible. I have never heard headphones better than DT990's, never heard a DAC better than my Asus Essence ST. As you can see in my sig I am a speaker guy. The moment I heard my speaker set up I sold my Amperiors. Well the headphones were impressive but really did realize I am still a speaker guy. I honestly thought the HD800's could have had more soundstage. The only headphone that I felt was not a headphone was the Stax SR-009, and that is only the most expensive headphone in the world. Was really impressed with the speakers systems but not blown away as I expected I would be. Main thing I came away with was an appreciation for my speaker rig. And that you don't need to spend a lot of money to enjoy 90-95% of what that guy with 100K speakers has. Those are just my two cents. 

Thanks for sharing, man!! One thought: ever had an opportunity to try a Smyth Realizer? Even some of the most hardcore speaker-only guys have been converted by how perfectly it emulates speaker sound via headphones-- to the point that some professionals use it to mix using headphones while away from their studios. 

It's certainly not cheap, but it might be a great option for someone who has a speaker setup they love, but would like some of the flexibility and convenience afforded by headphones. Just a thought!! (And yeah, the SR-009 is pretty much stupid-good, so I hear ya there :p). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back