CanJam SoCal 2021 (September 25-26, 2021)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 24, 2021 at 1:33 PM Post #901 of 949
Sorry for the noob questions, but:
  1. Are we expected to bring our own portable DAC, amp, and a DAP or phone with music on it? Or will every headphone already be paired with everything necessary to demo it? Basically, I'm wondering if I should be bringing anything other than my ticket and vaccine card. I know people sometimes bring their own equipment because they want to try it with different things, but I'm wondering if I need to.
  2. I notice the ticket is just a generic template with my name on it. There's no code to scan, right? And is it enough to have it on my phone, or would I actually need to bring the 8.5"x11" hard copy?
Just curious, any other Irvine locals going? I actually live just 10 minutes away, and my office is actually in the same plaza as the Irvine Marriott.

Has CanJam SoCal been hosted at Irvine before? Not sure if it's always in the same place, or if it rotates between OC/LA/SD/etc.

Welcome to CanJam! (Sorry about your wallet...) It's going to be fun! You don't have to bring anything - everything is set up to enjoy the various headphones. CanJam SoCal has been in Irvine before (across from South Coast Plaza) and around LA Live (I forget which hotel - Marriott maybe?). I don't know if there is a deliberate pattern to the locations.

Sep 24, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #902 of 949
Sorry for the noob questions, but:
  1. Are we expected to bring our own portable DAC, amp, and a DAP or phone with music on it? Or will every headphone already be paired with everything necessary to demo it? Basically, I'm wondering if I should be bringing anything other than my ticket and vaccine card. I know people sometimes bring their own equipment because they want to try it with different things, but I'm wondering if I need to.
  2. I notice the ticket is just a generic template with my name on it. There's no code to scan, right? And is it enough to have it on my phone, or would I actually need to bring the 8.5"x11" hard copy?
Just curious, any other Irvine locals going? I actually live just 10 minutes away, and my office is actually in the same plaza as the Irvine Marriott.

Has CanJam SoCal been hosted at Irvine before? Not sure if it's always in the same place, or if it rotates between OC/LA/SD/etc.

1) Anyone showing a headphone should have a laptop, tablet or DAP for you to use, but if you have your own portable setup (even if its just your phone), many will allow you to use your own music. This varies by exhibitor, though.

2) Oh your phone is fine, we just need to verify it!

We were in Irvine last year, prior to that was downtown LA, and then before that was Costa Mesa. (We get around.)

Sep 24, 2021 at 1:39 PM Post #903 of 949

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-24 at 10.38.54.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-24 at 10.38.54.png
    670.3 KB · Views: 0
Sep 24, 2021 at 2:20 PM Post #905 of 949
Sep 24, 2021 at 3:03 PM Post #907 of 949
Apart from listening to the demo units in the exhibitors booth, will there be HeadFi-er meet up stations as well to demo each others personal equipment ?
I’m looking to experience ZMF cans if I can! Will have DCA Wywires platinum cables, XI audio Broadway amp abd Dragonfly cobalt with me for auditions

Sep 24, 2021 at 3:17 PM Post #908 of 949
Apart from listening to the demo units in the exhibitors booth, will there be HeadFi-er meet up stations as well to demo each others personal equipment ?
No, at least not the vein of stations. @warrenpchi posted here on the topic. That being said, a lot of members are pretty cool about letting other people listen to their portable rigs. It never hurts to ask!

Sep 24, 2021 at 3:17 PM Post #909 of 949
...or pizza with reindeer sausage toping. Loved it when I visited AK :wink:
Must have visited Moose’s Tooth pizza. The beer there is pretty good too.

Hopefully you have some salmon in that case! :o2smile:
Sorrry to disappoint. If I had thought about it I definitely would have. Next year.

Sep 24, 2021 at 3:23 PM Post #910 of 949
Must have visited Moose’s Tooth pizza. The beer there is pretty good too.
I won't be surprised if that was the place!! Have to dig up the old photos from 3-4 years ago to confirm...

Sep 24, 2021 at 3:47 PM Post #911 of 949
Hello everyone,

We're a new headphone company named VZR Audio and we're thrilled to publically exhibit for the 1st time ever at CanJam SoCal 2021!

Our debut product, the VZR Model One, was built for audiophile gamers: folks who are passionate about high-quality audio reproduction for both music, content creation, as well as gaming (via our detachable boom mic!) Our team is composed of obsessive audiophiles (read about us here) who want to make hi-fi sound accessible to audiophiles and gamers alike, without breaking the bank.

We've sent out review units to gaming outlets who've raved about the sound (see reviews here) as well as some audiophile outlets. The audiophile outlets we've sent to still haven't published measurements (we're very supportive of third-party measurements.) So, in the meantime, if you're curious about how it sounds, feel free to stop by booth D8 at CanJam starting tomorrow!

We'll be powering our headphones with the debut of Monolith's top-of-the-line Liquid Platinum DAC (using the flagship AKM AK4499EQ), designed by Alex Cavali, for a high-end listening experience!

We're excited to meet the CanJam community there!

IMG_6772.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2021 at 3:48 PM Post #912 of 949
I’m looking to experience ZMF cans if I can! Will have DCA Wywires platinum cables, XI audio Broadway amp abd Dragonfly cobalt with me for auditions
I have my verite closed with me. If you find me, you can listen to them.

Sep 24, 2021 at 4:18 PM Post #913 of 949
I have my verite closed with me. If you find me, you can listen to them.
I’ll be hunting PM with info? Or else I’ll be the one yelling “Hawaiian??? HAWAIIAN???”

Sep 24, 2021 at 5:31 PM Post #915 of 949
Will there be any online streaming of the seminars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back