CanJam SoCal 2017 (April 8-9, 2017)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 8, 2017 at 8:28 AM Post #483 of 529
the best value parking is at the 7th street and figueroa shopping complex. there is a huge 15 floor parking structure and on the weekends its $5 all day parking with validation.  try to put off validating until you leave though, i've been told once it's validated it's only valid for like 20 minutes.  the target is open till 12 am and validates

Looks like the max on weekends even without a validation is $8.00. Walk to the hotel is about 15 mins. This is where I'll park. I'll grab something from Starbucks on the way out and get validated. This mall also has several places that may be good for lunch such as The Melt or Five Guys burger.

Apr 8, 2017 at 10:48 AM Post #487 of 529
Looks like the max on weekends even without a validation is $8.00. Walk to the hotel is about 15 mins. This is where I'll park. I'll grab something from Starbucks on the way out and get validated. This mall also has several places that may be good for lunch such as The Melt or Five Guys burger.

Parked at a lot near SPiN - The Standard yesterday for $4. Looks like it's the same price all day today as well. It's about a 15 min walk to CanJam.

Apr 8, 2017 at 10:49 AM Post #488 of 529
Apr 8, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #489 of 529
Are you going to attend CanJam today or tomorrow, @Watagump?

I still cant decide. I talked to Ethan about volunteering, but he only had the later slots open. I have a UFC card tonight I want to watch, so I just cant decide if I want to drive all the way up there, go through parking, walking etc. Part of coming would be to go do things after the show, but then I would miss the fights, never been so unsure about something, heh.

Apr 8, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #490 of 529
Parked at a lot near SPiN - The Standard yesterday for $4. Looks like it's the same price all day today as well. It's about a 15 min walk to CanJam.

Do you know the address of that lot?

Apr 8, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #491 of 529
I still cant decide. I talked to Ethan about volunteering, but he only had the later slots open. I have a UFC card tonight I want to watch, so I just cant decide if I want to drive all the way up there, go through parking, walking etc. Part of coming would be to go do things after the show, but then I would miss the fights, never been so unsure about something, heh.

Bro - come to the event, only $25 for both days (much better than $20 for one day!) I agree, Downtown L.A.'s parking can be a hassle, but if you park a few blocks from CanJam, it's not very expensive (I wouldn't advise parking in the lot I'll be parked in because it may be even more of a hassle for ya).

Regarding the UFC, trust me, I want to see it too, especially since I've competed in an Olympic qualifier with Cormier back in the day. SPiN was actually showing UFC fights on their projector, and I'm sure it will be on either at the hotel, or very close to the hotel. You come, we will find a place where the card is showing! :beerchug:

Apr 8, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #492 of 529
Apr 8, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #493 of 529
Bro - come to the event, only $25 for both days (much better than $20 for one day!) I agree, Downtown L.A.'s parking can be a hassle, but if you park a few blocks from CanJam, it's not very expensive (I wouldn't advise parking in the lot I'll be parked in because it may be even more of a hassle for ya).

Regarding the UFC, trust me, I want to see it too, especially since I've competed in an Olympic qualifier with Cormier back in the day. SPiN was actually showing UFC fights on their projector, and I'm sure it will be on either at the hotel, or very close to the hotel. You come, we will find a place where the card is showing!
beerchug.gif

I have been researching parking for days, the Target one looks good, but you telling me about watching the fights, thats evil, now I want to come.

Apr 8, 2017 at 11:08 AM Post #494 of 529
I have been researching parking for days, the Target one looks good, but you telling me about watching the fights, thats evil, now I want to come.

Days...nooo.......use parkwiz! Thanks for the rec, third_eye! I mean, what can you not do? :normal_smile :

Yes, watch the fights out here, it will be legit, I'm sure.

See you soon! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back