CanJam SoCal 2017 (April 8-9, 2017)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 6, 2017 at 3:55 AM Post #454 of 529
@Moedawg, is Friday the only time for the meet at 7:30 pm? I have not touch a paddle for at least eight years but I will be interested if this is the only time. Thanks for organizing. Do you know the parking situation? By the way do you have a USTTA rating? Just want to prepare psychologically to be killed
biggrin.gif

For now, Friday is the only time for the meet, mainly because there is the Audeze event on Saturday.  The night is always young on Sunday, but usually that's when people go home and unwind to get ready for the start of the work-week.

No worries at all, just come and have fun - it's always a great time for friends and newly-made friends at these events!  Usually the food is yummy and the drinks I've heard are pretty tasty!

Regarding parking, I've parked at SPiN - The Standard's valet (for a rooftop Halloween party) a while ago, but I know you'll more than likely be paying Downtown L.A. valet prices (not the cheapest).  Two nearby parking areas I see via Google Maps are next to SPiN - The Standard that should be much less expensive are:

524 South Flower Street Garage, and
557 S. Hope St.

For those that are arriving and staying at JW Marriott, you can simply walk to SPiN - The Standard.

As for the rating, I haven't been officially rated, but I have a number in mind where I feel I would fall - I'll tell you on Friday when I see you!  

Hope to see you and others there! 
beerchug.gif

Apr 6, 2017 at 7:56 AM Post #455 of 529
Apr 6, 2017 at 11:58 AM Post #456 of 529
Will there be tickets available at the door? Also, how much is parking at the hotel?

Apr 6, 2017 at 12:03 PM Post #457 of 529
  We have new flagship full balanced 2A3 tube headphone amplifier - WA33. 

Is this the same as the WA22-SE prototype I saw in July? If memory serves, I declared it "the best dynamic headphone amplifier I had heard." 

I heard it with HE-6. Can't wait to try it with K1000. Will Woo have an HD800 on hand? I really can only bring two HPs and I prefer bringing the "difficult" ones.

Apr 6, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #458 of 529
Will there be tickets available at the door? Also, how much is parking at the hotel?

Yes, tickets are available at the door via cash....please note there is a $5 surcharge for door tickets. Parking is $16 at the hotel (through the front of hotel, Valet) and the rate is good until 6:30pm. There may be cheaper parking options off site and I would recomment using parkwhiz or other parking app as there are many private lots in the area with Staples Center and the LA Convention Center in the immediate vicinity.

Apr 6, 2017 at 12:30 PM Post #459 of 529
Yes, tickets are available at the door via cash....please note there is a $5 surcharge for door tickets. Parking is $16 at the hotel (through the front of hotel, Valet) and the rate is good until 6:30pm. There may be cheaper parking options off site and I would recomment using parkwhiz or other parking app as there are many private lots in the area with Staples Center and the LA Convention Center in the immediate vicinity.

Thanks

Apr 6, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #463 of 529
Have fun all!

Ironically I will be in LA this weekend, but it's for an entirely different reason so no chance to stop by. Look forward to reading all the impressions!

Apr 6, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #464 of 529
  Have fun all!

Ironically I will be in LA this weekend, but it's for an entirely different reason so no chance to stop by. Look forward to reading all the impressions!

So close and yet so far! We'll miss you. Have a great Weekend.

beerchug.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back