1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

CanJam SoCal 2017 (April 8-9, 2017)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
First

Back
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
32 33 34 35 36
Next

Last
  1. DecentLevi
    Afterparty / get-together's... any thoughts?

2. Shure or bust
    I'm sure if you aren't inside the convention area, you'll be in one of the large sitting area throughout the hotel.

3. Sound Eq
  4. moedawg140 Contributor

For now, Friday is the only time for the meet, mainly because there is the Audeze event on Saturday.  The night is always young on Sunday, but usually that's when people go home and unwind to get ready for the start of the work-week.

No worries at all, just come and have fun - it's always a great time for friends and newly-made friends at these events!  Usually the food is yummy and the drinks I've heard are pretty tasty!

Regarding parking, I've parked at SPiN - The Standard's valet (for a rooftop Halloween party) a while ago, but I know you'll more than likely be paying Downtown L.A. valet prices (not the cheapest).  Two nearby parking areas I see via Google Maps are next to SPiN - The Standard that should be much less expensive are:

524 South Flower Street Garage, and
    557 S. Hope St.

For those that are arriving and staying at JW Marriott, you can simply walk to SPiN - The Standard.

As for the rating, I haven't been officially rated, but I have a number in mind where I feel I would fall - I'll tell you on Friday when I see you!  

Hope to see you and others there! [​IMG] 

5. longbowbbs
    ROFL!! True that!

6. Mediahound
    Will there be tickets available at the door? Also, how much is parking at the hotel?

7. bosiemoncrieff

Is this the same as the WA22-SE prototype I saw in July? If memory serves, I declared it "the best dynamic headphone amplifier I had heard." 

I heard it with HE-6. Can't wait to try it with K1000. Will Woo have an HD800 on hand? I really can only bring two HPs and I prefer bringing the "difficult" ones.

8. third_eye Moderator

Yes, tickets are available at the door via cash....please note there is a $5 surcharge for door tickets. Parking is $16 at the hotel (through the front of hotel, Valet) and the rate is good until 6:30pm. There may be cheaper parking options off site and I would recomment using parkwhiz or other parking app as there are many private lots in the area with Staples Center and the LA Convention Center in the immediate vicinity.

9. Mediahound

Thanks

10. DecentLevi
    Hey Ethan (@third_eye) will they be able to look us up by name / ticket number at the door for those of us who don't have a printer?

11. third_eye Moderator

Yes! Just bring some form of ID in case you don't have a printed ticket or the email confirmation on your phone. 

12. Sduibek
    Is there any kind of First-timer FAQs?

13. bflat
    Have fun all!

Ironically I will be in LA this weekend, but it's for an entirely different reason so no chance to stop by. Look forward to reading all the impressions!

14. longbowbbs
    So close and yet so far! We'll miss you. Have a great Weekend.

[​IMG]

15. Shure or bust
    What are the Orpheus he-1 demo tracks that will be able to listen to ?

First

Back
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
32 33 34 35 36
Next

Last
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.