CanJam SoCal 2016 Impressions Thread (March 19-20, 2016)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 19, 2016 at 8:23 PM Post #46 of 658

I've been saying this since RMAF, and I'll say it again: the Cavalli Liquid Spark portable is a special brand of awesome. I was just rocking it with the Engma Acoustics Dharma, and that could easily be somebody's endgame desktop setup. I don't understand it. It's just silly good!

+1 on that silly good.

Mar 19, 2016 at 8:33 PM Post #47 of 658
well i'm having a good time, running around sitting down when something opens up, i'm a big fan of hifiman headphones, and yup got to meet Mr Fong him self, and try out the Shangri La, and this very awesome portable dap they have coming too. Also demo the tungsten with my girlfriend, the kid who was giving the demos was real quite but we got him talking and he convinced me to run to my room to get my he-6 and try it out.... And wow what a cool sounding amp... got some pics too

Mar 19, 2016 at 8:33 PM Post #48 of 658
Awesome description. What are the Inputs (SE only)?

It is se inputs I didn't look the amp over real good but I believe that it is that for now. It is one fine amp. The separation of instruments and there placement was just unreal good . Power is awesome I barely had to turn it up on my Ether-C's to make them sing. One of the best amps I've heard. 

Mar 19, 2016 at 8:37 PM Post #49 of 658
Oh yea also got to meet Jason from Schiit Audio, tried out the he1000 on the Ragnarok..... I keep almost buying this amp and i think after listening today and just loving their prices so much i might pull the trigger, not like i can't always buy something else much more expensive later, and after trying out all these other super expensive and beautiful head phones i keep thinking my hifiman he-6 are just as good, but i also know i'm so excited and so new and trying so many different things it will be hard to develop a sonic memory of everything i guess you could say  :):) But meeting Mr. Fong is still making me smile.

But yes meeting Jason was very cool because i just finished his book last week, but anyways having a great time, guess i need to focus on my shag card tomorrow :):)

Mar 19, 2016 at 8:44 PM Post #50 of 658
It is se inputs I didn't look the amp over real good but I believe that it is that for now. It is one fine amp. The separation of instruments and there placement was just unreal good . Power is awesome I barely had to turn it up on my Ether-C's to make them sing. One of the best amps I've heard. 

No problems with the SE for me, but others want to know. I sooooo wish I was there right now. :)

Have a great time everyone!

Mar 19, 2016 at 8:59 PM Post #52 of 658
It doesn't matter on the Carbon. Also I didn't get enough time on the Etherstats as a girl running the music was switching songs ever few seconds but from what I heard are very promising.

Mar 19, 2016 at 9:01 PM Post #53 of 658
I had the privilege to audition the Tungsten with my HD800's and I really couldn't agree more with @hansotek.

While I had just been blown away by the Liquid Gold, the Tungsten was on a different plane. For me too, the bass was revelatory. I never realized the HD800 was capable of bass this good.

And you know the treble harshness in the HD800 that gets debated ad nauseum? Fuhgeddaboutit! Not a hint. The treble is just beguiling.

And that soundstage! Huge!!

I'm going to have to start saving up! :joy:

Mar 19, 2016 at 9:21 PM Post #55 of 658
I asked, and "not sure, probably a bit more than LAu" was the response.

It's sounded pretty smooth, nice substantial bass, bass very ss like. Sounded similar to my M11, just a tad smoother on the top end.

Mar 19, 2016 at 9:42 PM Post #56 of 658
okay another cool thing, on the elevator i run into Mike Moffatt himself, told him wow i just read jason's book, love the bifrost and lyr 2 :):) he was super cool and so was the person he was with anyways small things to others but big deal to me :):)  I felt like getting a sharpie and running back to my room to get him to sign my bifrost :):)

Mar 19, 2016 at 9:47 PM Post #57 of 658
Just heading home from Canjam...it was my first, but surely not the last one. I immensely enjoyed spending time around you guys/girls I just wanna thank all of you at headfi putting this event together. It's definitely a day to remember!

PS.: I was positively surprised to see so many ladies representing the fair sex. Until now I thought ots a guy thing. :)

Mar 19, 2016 at 9:55 PM Post #59 of 658

The new Cavalli Liquid Tungsten prototype. I hope this doesn't sound like a lot of hype here, but I gotta say, I think this might be the best amp I've ever heard. It's hard to really express everything that is going right here, but I'm going to give it a shot.

A few observations:
Zero, I mean zero harshness from the HD800 whatsoever. The soundstage is crazy huge - it has no boarders. Sounds just come flying at you from space, even more so than the liquid gold. Soundstage depth stacks on the X & Y plane completely freely.

The bass is super tight and organic. I absolutely love the presentation of the upright bass. Clean woody tone there with really nice weight. Popped on the HE1000 & the HE-6 and the thump was insane! It just digs down so far.

Drives the HE-6 like a dream. Gorgeous and pure up and down throughout the frequency range.

Really struggling to find a flaw with this thing. This thing just plain rocks. I don't know when this thing is coming out, but I want it bad! Just awesome.

Awesome description. What are the Inputs (SE only)?

Yes, it's single ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back