CanJam SoCal 2016 Impressions Thread (March 19-20, 2016)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 19, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #17 of 658
Mr speakers electrostatic headphones were very good.

Do tell... Any pics or info?

Here's a pic of the new Mr. Speakers Electrostatic. Got to spend a little time with them last night during setup. I gotta say these are super impressive. Imagine that effortless electrostatic sound with actual SUBBASS! This is happening, lol!

I was really, really impressed and I totally want a pair. It definitely bares some resemblance to the other Ethers... But as much as I like both of them, I think it is safe to say this is Dan's best headphone yet. (IMO, of course.)

Mar 19, 2016 at 4:24 PM Post #21 of 658
Sounds amazing! So does it require a special amp, and if so, is it compatible with Stax amps? Also, any info on price or availability?

Pin and voltage compatible with Stax amps, yes. 

Here's a pic of the new Mr. Speakers Electrostatic. Got to spend a little time with them last night during setup. I gotta say these are super impressive. Imagine that effortless electrostatic sound with actual SUBBASS! This is happening, lol!

I was really, really impressed and I totally want a pair. It definitely bares some resemblance to the other Ethers... But as much as I like both of them, I think it is safe to say this is Dan's best headphone yet. (IMO, of course.)

Very cool. Need some comparisons to Ether open please.

Mar 19, 2016 at 4:37 PM Post #23 of 658
What other IEMs would you say closely match to the sound? Very interested in this.

I don't know to be honest. The Savannas impressed me so much that I ordered a pair. The vocal reproduction is absolutely striking. Instrument separation is excellent and everything felt very tight. I also liked the Cardas A8 and the RHA T20, both of which are cheaper than the Savanna, but IMO the Savanna is worth the cost.

Mar 19, 2016 at 4:48 PM Post #25 of 658

I've been saying this since RMAF, and I'll say it again: the Cavalli Liquid Spark portable is a special brand of awesome. I was just rocking it with the Engma Acoustics Dharma, and that could easily be somebody's endgame desktop setup. I don't understand it. It's just silly good!

Mar 19, 2016 at 5:22 PM Post #27 of 658
4x4 animal style with animal fries thread jack!

After hearing all of those wonderful setups, I felt like walking, eating above, and walking back with listening time to spare! Break first, though. My stomach kinda hurts right now. :triportsad:

Mar 19, 2016 at 5:46 PM Post #29 of 658

Here's one you guys probably haven't heard of yet: the new Wells Audio "Milo". This is a more affordable $1,500 decendent of the $7,000 Headtrip. I just heard this thing for the first time, and I gotta say I'm just floored by how much of the uber-flagship Headtrip is preserved in this amp. It just manhandeled the HE1000 (15W/ch!!!), but did so with the delicacy, three dimensionality and nuance of a tube amp. I definitely want this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back